1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Yesterday's 'General Hospital' - Some Thoughts

By February 4, 2009

Okay, there were a few things during yesterday's show that I wondered about:

General Hospital is under quarantine. Who are all the people wearing coats and wandering the halls? The place looks like Grand Central Station. And why is the Emily look-alike, Rebecca, walking around? You know, you would think if people were visiting loved ones and the hospital was put under quarantine, hospital officials wouldn't encourage visitors touring the facilities.

I thought this biotoxin was airborne - meaning "through the air." If it's through the air, why aren't people wearing masks, and why are they visiting infected people wearing no gown, no mask, no nothing?

Did I hear Kate correctly? Did she want Olivia to go into the toxic boardroom to retrieve her purse?

A final question: Lucky somehow broke into the hospital. Fine. How did Leyla's fiance get in? This is what happened during the GH hotel fire. Everyone was trapped in the building, but people were walking in as if they were going to Wal-mart.

Comments

February 4, 2009 at 4:23 am
(1) Debi says:

Every observation you just mentioned, I agree 100% with you. Which IMO is called sloopy writing. I was wondering how the fiance walked in.Isn’t the hospital under quarantine?? How did he get in?? And now what?? Does he leave, or do we pretend he never existed?? And the masks?? Where r they?? If this drags out at this rate until June, GH is going to lose viewers. Metro Court was for the most part written well, but this?? With Rebecca walking around on the cell phone?? No mask on anyone?? And Sam…oh Sam…when did she turn into a Florence Nightingale?? Did I miss that episode??
And John & Maxie I am FFing thru. Where are all these out of places that are abanded, yet are always stocked with beer & coffee? Heat?? Last time this happened it was Laura who ran away in CA and found a nice abandont cabin!! With coffee and matching mugs!!

February 4, 2009 at 11:28 pm
(2) Darlin says:

Actually Leyla’s fiance said he was waiting for her, I think in the cafeteria but she was late and not answering her phone or page? I remember this as I too was wondering how the heck he wandered in. Have to say I also agree with you on all the other points. I stared with mouth open as Kate demanded her cousin attempt to kill herself by retrieving her purse. It’s not as if Sonny wouldn’t have believed her without the DVD. One issue that I have though is where is security? Surely GH has some security. And Sam, I said the same exact thing to my daughter – when did she become Florence Nightingale? It’s annoying to watch. Good calls.

February 5, 2009 at 12:01 pm
(3) Sherry says:

SO TRUE…every word you both said…especially Sam…good grief! Her running around ‘helping people’ whether it’s the fake drugs, the Russians or the air borne toxins…it give me a headache!

February 6, 2009 at 6:58 am
(4) Debi says:

I must have missed him saying he was in the cafe-still, I can’t help wonder why some people have masks on, and some don’t. Especially Dr. Drake!
Not a fan of Sam’s, however, I don’t hate her. But her Florence Nightingale role is just a little too much to swallow!! lol

February 6, 2009 at 6:58 am
(5) Debi says:

February 6, 2009 at 9:17 am
(6) suz says:

Why is Edward Quartermain always wearing hats these days?

February 9, 2009 at 3:34 pm
(7) Candy says:

What is the issue with Sam, she was there and she had no problem dealing with danger and if she wants to help so what. Her and Jason have always worked well under pressure so stop wit the Florence Nightingale crap. What about Carly, she is running around as well and not doing anything. Give her a break and stop hating.

February 9, 2009 at 5:19 pm
(8) cathy says:

i agree with the masks and such, now robin lets maxie take the baby to hospital so she can save the day!!! robin better get help for her p.p.d. or tom cruise will convert her to scientology!!!!!

February 9, 2009 at 7:15 pm
(9) Jackie says:

I agree completely with all of your comments! Do the writers think the viewers are idiots? Ok so out of the whole huge hospital, the Emily look alike is loitering outside of Elizabeth’s room…and no one recognizes her? Not even Nickolas or Lucky(Great cop he is???) or Elizabeth who is staring out the door at her??? Are you kidding me? And what IS up with Edward always wearing hats??

February 10, 2009 at 8:26 am
(10) Gloria says:

So many things that do not make sense in this story line… it is ridiculous… but one is…have you ever seen a hospital without a sprinkler system for fires? DUH! The writers need to make this more believable… and the Emily look alike just wandering around looking at her cell phone and just happens to just miss so many people who would stop to stare and say who are you? Lets have some more believable stories please….

February 10, 2009 at 11:41 am
(11) Jill says:

This whole crisis thing is a joke! Between the toxin in the air, and the smoke filled hallways, people should either be dropping like flies, or at least wearing masks or trying to contain everyone in a central location. How can you unplug oxygen on patients and then “wheel” them out into a smoke filled hallway to who knows where? Could you have a little more thought process going into these story lines please?

February 10, 2009 at 1:57 pm
(12) Kerri says:

I was wondering how Lucky got into the hospital when it was locked down-but- than again he is a spencer;also I was wondering where Sonny got a gun when his clothes are to be burned and he’s in scrubes?????and thats true Kate did ask Oliver to go into where all there clothes are to be burned to get the CD;and I have to agree for an air born toxen you’d think they’d be wearing masks and gowns gloves for thoses who were in the OR and the people walking around the hospital with this going on not to bright;thought I find Gh excting:)

February 10, 2009 at 2:27 pm
(13) Lorraine says:

I want to know why the sprinkler system didn’t go off when the fire started.

February 10, 2009 at 11:44 pm
(14) kathey says:

If Lucky can get up to Elizabeth, why can’t everyone else get down to the main floor? And is there no rush? Robin’s taking her sweet time with the baby yet the other nurses have their babies long gone. ??????????

February 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm
(15) betty says:

I would also like to knowwhy Edward always wears a hat.

February 18, 2009 at 12:35 am
(16) Linda Ward says:

I’m with all of you about the disaster/disaster! I loved Sam and Jason man they still make sparks! Not to mention they look at each other and communicate. The characters are bumping in to each other like a billard game and have about as much excitement. There are no people checking up or trying to find out who’s in the hospital? Besides the ones who seem to walk right thru the police and FBI to get in. Mike doesn’t want to know about Sonny, Carly, etc? Now they have the FBI looking worse than their police force. Give Mac some good roles instead of proping up the kids.