1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Another SORAS in the Works?

By March 18, 2009

There's a chance we may get to see an older Spencer Cassadine soon.

Yes, it looks as though Nikolas Cassadine's rarely-seen son may go the route of Michael Corinthos and Kristina Davis, Alexis' daughter with Sonny, and get the SORAS (soap opera rapidly aging syndrome) treatment soon.

These SORAS moves could be an attempt to pull in some new, younger viewers. It's a good idea to do that, but General Hospital would be well-advised to attempt to keep their long-time viewers instead of thinking there are an endless supply of new ones. According to the latest ratings, GH has lost some footing. In fact, ratings are lower than they have been in a long time.

Comments

March 18, 2009 at 11:48 pm
(1) Cathy Rivera says:

Do not tell me that they are going to SORAS Spencer into a teen. That would look ridiculous. If Spencer, then why not Cameron and Jake, too? Nik and Liz will have become parents in their teens, I suppose. All of this SORASing screws with timelines, and I don’t think it wlll do anything to attract new viewers.

How about respecting the viewers they have now.

March 19, 2009 at 12:19 am
(2) Barb says:

Cathy, I agree. But you forget… the GH writers can’t write…

March 20, 2009 at 5:43 pm
(3) J.J. says:

I am a big fan of seeing characters SORAS-ed, if it makes sense to the story/character. it’s a Soap stable I’ve grown accustomed too and one I also anticipate.
I’m glad I’ve had the chance to see Robin age before our eyes, but I’m happy w/ the direction Maxie took upon her recast/SORAS. Georgie and Dillon were also great characters to see SORAS-ed. If it’s a character that you don’t see all too often it can work all the better, like Brook Lynn. However, that being said, I do not think it’s a good idea to SORAS Spencer, he was born a couple of years ago, that would be major timeline shifting and overall just silly. The kids that could be SORAS-ed are Michael and Kristina for sure, and maybe Morgan and Molly by a few years, but they shouldn’t be teens yet. Save Cam, Jake, Spencer, for another 5 years or so, so we have some teens to look forward to.

March 20, 2009 at 5:51 pm
(4) J.J. says:

It also may make sense to introduce a new family, a teen sibling runaways, abandoned teens, orphaned teens, a single mom and her teen…or anything to that effect because as I reread my comment I realized these kids are just about all related.

I’ve always know this but it’s not something I think about often, since we rarely see these kids.

Michael, Morgan, Molly, Kristina (siblings)

Spencer, Morgan, Kristina, Molly (cousins)

Spencer, Michael (cousins by adoption)

Cam, Jake, Spencer (cousins by adoption/false parentage)

…and of course the obvious siblings…

I just think if any of the kids are aged, it might be nice to have a fresh character to mix it up w/ them.

March 23, 2009 at 1:58 pm
(5) Hannah J says:

JJ remember that Michael is not actually Sonny’s child. His father is the late A J Quartermaine so he’s not related to Molly or Kristina by blood but by adoption.

March 23, 2009 at 3:21 pm
(6) gigi says:

Instead of aging these kids…how about getting new writers and interesting storylines. Guza dug himself a hole with all the mob wars and it’s been hell trying to get out of it. Aging insignificant kids is not a cure all.

March 23, 2009 at 4:18 pm
(7) Sheyna says:

You know? Since they absolutely never show Spencer, I don’t even know how old he’s supposed to be,lol

June 3, 2009 at 9:58 pm