1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Ric Lansing: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

By June 9, 2009

Tue Jun  9 19:54:26 2009

General Hospital writers didn't have a chance to give Ric Lansing much of a sendoff.

The actor who plays the scheming, manipulative, bitter Lansing, Rick Hearst received a call from Brad Bell, Executive Producer of Bold and the Beautiful asking him if he'd like to return to his former soap in his old role of Whip Jones III. It was so sudden, Hearst explains to TV Guide, that Bob Guza had no choice but to put Ric on an elevator and have the doors close. He was headed down, we assume.

Hearst says he left GH, where he was on recurring status, on May 21 and was on the set of B&B on May 22. "It was like coming home," the actor reports. He adds that the transition wasn't bad at all. "I'm going from a fast-talking, scheming attorney to a fast-talking, scheming publicist."

There's supposed to be a murder this summer on General Hospital , and many speculated it would be Lansing's. If that happens, it looks like it will be off-camera. The door will be open for the character of Ric Lansing - and we hope that means Rick Hearst - to return.

One never knows. A year ago, Hearst could not have predicted any of this was going to happen.

Photo: Marina Chavez/American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

June 9, 2009 at 6:13 pm
(1) J.J. says:

We all knew it was coming but it’s still a total bummer. Ric Lansing was a character I loved to hate and was played amazingly well by Rick Hearst. Here’s hoping that this time next year we will be welcoming his return!

June 15, 2009 at 3:34 pm
(2) manon says:

Miss him already, wish Rick much succes & every happiness..
I too can’t want for Rick to return to GH
Hopefully we will be heard by the writers.
a canadian Fan

June 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm
(3) mae says:

good riddens ric can’t stand him

June 18, 2009 at 6:25 pm
(4) Brenda Yancer says:

I agree with mae. Good riddance to Lansing. I mean him and Claudia make a good pair and all, but, good Lord, he’s like a bad hemorroid, that won’t go away. Bold and Beautiful can keep him for all I care.

June 24, 2009 at 10:19 pm
(5) Diane says:

This guy is a guy that you kove to hate. He makes the show worth watching

July 14, 2009 at 9:23 am
(6) Kris says:

I was wondering where he’s been lately! ;) I just happened to catch a commercial for B&B and saw a flash of him and thought, that’s odd. Thank goodness I have AT&T U-Verse and I was able to rewind to see that it was Rick Hearst. Thank you for posting this so that I could clear up any confusion I had. He was never my favorite character, but he did add a little something to GH. He got under everyone’s skin!
Thanks again Maria!

August 5, 2009 at 12:50 pm
(7) Hipster says:

Definitely one of my favorite characters on the show- the writers would be crazy to write off a character with so much nasty potential as Ric Lansing. Maybe (hopefully) next year we’ll see the return of Rick Hearst in the role, bigger & nastier than ever. Until then, ot would be a shame to kill off such a good character (especially off screen- that’s just cheap).