1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Tyler Christopher Speaks Out About Liz and Nik

By August 6, 2009

Fri Jun  5 19:38:21 2009

Tyler Christopher posts to his fans:

I've been getting quite a bit of negative reactions to this story both on and off this board. First, thats okay. Opinions negative or otherwise are always welcome. In the defense of how it's being written I'll say this: If every character were written with moral imperative it would become completely and utterly boring to watch. No matter how someone may seem everyone is flawed to some degree. Nikolas has walked the straight and narrow for far too long. He's always put others first even at the sacrifice of his own happiness. It's time for him to be a little selfish. I think he's earned it.

Is it wrong to "covet thy neighbors wife?" Of course it is. But have you ever been so attracted to someone that in the moment you suspended your values? ESPECIALLY when you add alcohol. Trust me this breach of ethics won't be without consequence but that is where the drama lies. This is about an attraction so strong that they (Nikolas and Elizabeth) are willing to ignore the firestorm of repercussions that will inevitably follow."

Any thoughts? Photo: Bob D'Amico/American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

August 6, 2009 at 7:03 pm
(1) Linda559 says:

I could care less about Nik and Liz, but correct me if I’m wrong…neither of them is married, so what’s wrong with them flirting? What am I missing, other than another BORING pairing.

August 6, 2009 at 7:04 pm
(2) Debi says:

Have I ever been so attracted to someone that I suspend my values? Great Point. And YES I have.
NOT though with my exhusband/boyfriend’s brother. There are boundaries. And in this case, those boundaries are being overstepped. St.Elizabeth will grab any man who shows her any attention. She doesn’t care who she steps on to get the man either. If this was the first time occurance for Liz, I would excuse it. This is a pattern of her’s.
As far as Nik goes, sure he can be selfish, however, to go after “thy brothers wife” is so out of character for Nik, I can’t even swallow it.
He has way to much class for nonsense.

August 6, 2009 at 7:09 pm
(3) debi says:

For it being a boring story, you seem to care more than your ready to admit.

August 7, 2009 at 4:05 pm
(4) juan says:

i hope liz and nik get it on good! He does not need to repeat the same thing again with the nu emily, it is boring! I always thought that he and liz would make a great couple. nik needs to get over emily. put rebecca with someone else, maybe jax or johnny!

August 7, 2009 at 4:52 pm
(5) Angie says:

I think Liz & Nik together is a good idea!
Nik & Rebecca don’t work and neither do Liz & Lucky.
If you remember Nik was intested in Liz when Lucky was suppose to be dead!
I say go for it!!!!

August 7, 2009 at 10:42 pm
(6) Rory says:

I say bring on Nik & Liz, she & Lucky are BORING!!!! And I liked Natalia as Emily, but she STINKS with him as Rebecca. I think given time, Nik & Liz could be awesome!!!!!!!!!

August 8, 2009 at 7:39 pm
(7) Miss Dawn says:

Bring back Nadine, I thought those two were great together. I DON’T like Rebecca and quite honestly don’t know why they even hired Natalia back if she wasn’t going to be Emily. Why’d they kill off Emily if they were going to bring her back as someone else. Too stupid! It’s just gross to date/sleep with your wife’s twin sister. I hope they move that storyline right out the window. I could go for Liz and Nik, but I would still love to see Jason and Liz. But Oh well!

August 9, 2009 at 8:51 am
(8) Debi says:

GIA. Bring her character back. Where is she?? What happened??

I am tired of Liz getting involved with men she has no business getting involved with.
Can’t she just stay home and bake brownies??

And Sequel. Let her and Marble Mouth ride off into the sunset together, never to be seen or heard from again!!

August 9, 2009 at 12:36 pm
(9) Miki says:

I agree that Nik has been on the straight and narrow but I was hoping when he stepped off he would finally step up as head of the Cassadine family as Helena wanted with Rebecca Shaw by his side. She stands up to Helena very well. That’s the kind of drama I wanted to see. All drama doesn’t have to be relationship issues.

August 9, 2009 at 8:42 pm
(10) keywestgirl says:

Nik is so hot!!!!!
They need to find him a hot one somebody new,
Liz is too goody goody for him.
Rebecca & Ethan
Sonny & Claudia
Sam & Jason
Just get rid of Olivia she is trailer trash
I am sooooooooo over spinelli & Maxie PUKE

August 10, 2009 at 6:28 pm
(11) Tinicka says:

I say go for it!!!!
the attraction is there for Elizabeth and Nikolas
they seem not to be able to make it work with loves that seem so natural to the show and fans
Give the two Off the Wall relationship. Friends they will be no matter what happens. If it doesnt work out theyll find a way to make their friendship Even stronger. I say go for it!!!

August 10, 2009 at 9:52 pm
(12) Barb says:

The truth is that no quality of acting will convince me that a prince would have his arms tattooed. I just have a problem with that I can’t overcome. About Liz, wow, another man… the perfect girl who’d have thought? DUH. And Nicholas is off balance enough to excuse almost anything.

August 11, 2009 at 5:04 am
(13) Judy says:

Are they slowly trying to turn Liz into an alcoholic?? Every time you see her She’s on a girls night out or she’s drinking with Nik. What’s going on?

August 11, 2009 at 10:53 am
(14) dan says:

Nik and Liz are AWESOME. Great chemistry! Please continue this!

August 11, 2009 at 2:55 pm
(15) Cyn says:

I say let Nicholas and Liz have at it. There is obvious chemistry between them and I think it would be a good match. Regardless, of Liz’ miss goody two shoes persona she does exhibit her own style of passion and let it ignite with Nicholas.
I am rather tired of the Liz and Lucky pairing – they are over – let them be friends but give Liz something to sink her teeth into and that would be the Prince!

August 11, 2009 at 4:11 pm
(16) Annie says:

I like Liz and Lucky together and by the sounds of Christopher Tyler’s statement there are going to be repercussions from their being together. We all know what that means…Liz will end up with another baby from yet a third father, none of them Lucky’s.

Give Lucky and break and let him father a child…carry on the Spencer name for goodness sake!!

As for Nikolas, why not be with Emily’s twin? She’s so different from Emily and much stronger. I kind of like them together.

August 12, 2009 at 1:01 am
(17) Linda Ward says:

I like the Nick and Liz connection. Why not? Hope they aren’t listening to the same people who don’t watch JASAM but if you look most of the comments are positive! Love Dominic! Olivia hang on to your hottie, chicks Sonny has don’t live so well. Most of them don’t live.

Emily’s twin line is such a flot. They went right out and turned her right back in to the Emily character. She is right back to not speaking clearly just like she did before.

August 12, 2009 at 2:50 pm
(18) Deb says:

How can anyone like Liz??? Or want happiness for her?

Ever since St Elizabeth betrayed Lucky in the way that she did; lying to him on their wedding night, fantasizing about Jason in Lucky’s bed, passing off another man’s child on to him without asking him …. she lost her integrity and self-respect I hate her for it. This is a character that I once loved dearly, but have come to see her true self, she is a lying, manipulative, passive aggressive sl#t. She is a predator. Now Nik is her victim. She wants to be the bad girl, but is afraid of owning up to it.

August 17, 2009 at 2:32 pm
(19) Hazel says:

After what Lucky did to Elizabeth with Maxie and other things I cant remember he deserved what he got.

August 17, 2009 at 3:51 pm
(20) harleymimi says:

Liz is boring. Maybe this will spice up her character and bring out the bad boy in Nic. instead of “eye sex” lets have some real old fashion hotness. This is a soap and once upon a time thats how they did it and soaps don’t have to have morals.

August 21, 2009 at 9:46 am
(21) rachelle says:

I say yes to Liz and Nik, GH needs something new and fresh and not the same old tired pairings they have always done. And this is coming from a Liz and Jason fan. TC and RH has some of the most amazing chemistry I have seen in a long time.

Liz and Nik are Hot!!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2009 at 2:37 pm
(22) Delise says:

The fundamental issue for me is not Lucky, but rather the dangerous side of Nikolas. The mob is to Jason what Helena is to he rest of the Cassadines and, perhaps the Spencers (mainly Luke). How are her kids anymore protected?

That said there are other issues, but nothing that goes out of character or wasn’t essential to other coined ‘super couples’ ie: Pacey and Joey, etc.

I don’t see the huge fuss, though I do wish they would be upfront with Lucky.

August 28, 2009 at 12:28 am
(23) Deb says:

I like the Liz and Nikolas pairing as I MISS the Liz and Jason pairing. Liz and Lucky put me to sleep! At least there is chemistry with Liz and Nikolas…I am about ready to vomit with the pairing of Sam and Jason. I really don’t see what the big deal is with Sam…

August 29, 2009 at 10:50 am
(24) Kandy says:

I have really enjoyed the attraction between Liz and Nik and the newness and freshness of the pairing. This isn’t more of the same ol’ same ol’ like with the other pairings GH has right now. These two have known each other a long time and the chemistry between the actors and the sexual tension is off the scale! GH really needs to pursue these two as a couple.

September 24, 2009 at 9:56 am
(25) Jojo says:

I think Liz and Nik have been a long time coming – I’m all for it! Tyler and Rebecca have fantastic chemistry and I find myself anticipating every scene with them together.

I like this story line and I think the actors are doing a brilliant job! Keep up the great work you two!

November 11, 2009 at 1:33 pm
(26) natalie says:

I LIKE NICK AND LIZ TOGETHER!!! I just hope GH writers keep them together! Everytime someone I like gets together, they break up. It is getting ridiculous that no one stays together…I mean, come on, they can stay togehter and stay hot if the writing is GOOD. Boring is Lucky and Liz. Please keep Nick and Liz together… they are a hot couple.

December 4, 2009 at 10:33 pm
(27) Anjanette says:

I LOVE LIZ AND NIK TOGETHER. They have great chemistry. They are physically and emotionally drawn together. This coming from a Jason and Liz fan. Please let these two finally be happy. Until Jason and Liz can be reunited…

September 29, 2013 at 7:41 pm
(28) MARY says:

I am a fan of NIK and LIZ being together and I was a fan of Jason and Liz. Please let NIK and LIZ be together as they have so much Chemistry together that it is awesome. They make a perfect couple.