1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Is Kimberly McCullough Leaving 'GH'?

By March 17, 2010

Fri Jan  2 01:04:04 2009

Kimberly McCullough (Robin Scorpio) has always been interested in filmmaking and directing. So she's extremely excited about being accepted into the American Film Institute's Directing Workshop for Women this year.

However, the minute McCullough tweeted this, fans started panicking and spreading the rumor that the actress, who started on General Hospital as a child in 1985, was leaving the show. She did leave in 1997, initially to attend New York University.

McCullough, however, responded that she's not going anywhere and plans on doing both the show and the workshop.

This is a great opportunity for her. Congratulations, Kimberly!

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

March 17, 2010 at 6:47 pm
(1) Cindy says:

When first read her being accepted in the workshop, I like all her fans was wondering about how GH was going handle it. Then somebody started the rumor. I always figured Kimberly was going stayed & do both, since GH is known for working around their cast ouside projects. She most likely pre-tape the scenes she will miss filmed in May during the 3 wks. From what I have on AFI’s site That during the 3 wks. it is 8-10 hrs. days. And at the rate of storyline is going with Scrubs and Lisa it won’t change it much. Sounds she really be doing both when starting working on production part of the workshop where film their story. Which is in June & July. She is going to busy until she starts the Workshop on 5-10. This something she really excited about and she has earn it. This is very eclusive for her to be pick out of so many. I am sure all of her fans and castmates wish good luck with this.

March 17, 2010 at 9:05 pm
(2) Dan says:

What an accomplishment – congratulations to KM! Glad to hear the rumors are false. I love Robin. She can be nosy and has her faults but the show wouldn’t be the same without her!

March 18, 2010 at 4:08 pm
(3) ron says:

I hope she is not leaving! As I have stated several times in the past, Robin and Patrick are the only characters who keep the “General Hospital” aspect in the whole mob infested show.

March 22, 2010 at 4:24 pm
(4) Norma says:

Kim you go lady!. My hat is off to you. I’m surely gonna miss your God given talent and watching you almost everyday, You’ve grown so much over the years. Education is a on going process and so glad that your moving forward with your career. I’ll be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. Thank you so much for allowing me the privilege in watching you perform while on GH. Take care and God Bless you and your family. Fan in New Mexico, Norma Romero

March 22, 2010 at 4:25 pm
(5) Ina says:

I am a big fan of Kim’s. Met her at one of the G.H.
Luncheons. She was only 7. Nice to see her grow to
an adult and a fine actress. Love Patrick and Robin
together. Would be sad if she left G.H
Lots of Luck with new career too.

March 22, 2010 at 4:35 pm
(6) Ron Klimmek says:

Is Kimberly McCullough Latino descent or Italian descent ? What is her ethnic background ?

March 22, 2010 at 5:37 pm
(7) Tammy says:

I hope she does leave,I can’t stand her !

March 22, 2010 at 6:26 pm
(8) Linda Vogel says:

Kim glad you’re not leaving and wish you all the luck on
your future adventure…you go girl!

March 28, 2010 at 9:53 pm
(9) Angelica says:

Ron, Kimberly’s mom is Mexican and her father is i think Irish. Hence the name McCullough.

March 29, 2010 at 5:10 pm
(10) tammy says:

GOOD…I don’t like Robin,never did…never will. If they can just make SONNY leave too,I’d enjoy the show more.