1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Kimberly McCullough Off 'GH' — But It's Not Permanent

By May 30, 2010

Kimberly McCullough is leaving General Hospital while Robin heads to Africa for humanitarian work.

Robin will be gone for three weeks, but it's not clear how long McCullough herself will be missing in action. With clever taping, sometimes a star's absence is not even noticed by the viewer. However, in this case, Robin's departure will be part of the storyline and have some ramifications on her marriage to one confused Patrick. First of all, she takes this assignment without discussing it with him first (seems odd, since they have a little girl). Secondly, Patrick has yet to sort through his jealousy over the Lisa/Steve situation, leaving him vulnerable to the predatory Lisa.

As previously reported, McCullough has been accepted to an AFI director's workshop, and her time off may be related to that.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

May 30, 2010 at 8:52 pm
(1) Deb says:

Writing her off somewhat will develop a deeper storyline for these 2. Or should I say 3??
If in fact she doesn’t consult Patrick with making this decision, and has no qualms about leaving her baby, well then she should be prepared to face consequences that await her return.

Any women, on TV or in reality, who has no respect for her family (1st) deserves what she gets in return.

May 31, 2010 at 7:02 pm
(2) snook says:

Are we ever going to have a couple that can withstand being apart for some time? And why are they writing it whereas Robin just does this and disregards Patrick and Emma? It just doesn’t seem right.

June 2, 2010 at 11:31 pm
(3) Cindylou says:

In fact Kimberly will back on GH set next Monday according to one tweets on her her twitter page. GH is dark this week. In another words they are not filming cause the Memorial Day holiday. The 3 weeks was on for the training part of the workshop. Now she has to film her short fim for it, that is where the double duty will come in.

June 3, 2010 at 3:27 pm
(4) gh fan says:

i am glad she is leaving, she is very inconciderent, leaving her husband and child, she could at least ask or try to involve patrick in her project and to just pick up and leave her daughter, if he did that to her she would leave him, i hope he finds someone worhy of him. he could have cheated on her many times and he did not.

June 3, 2010 at 7:35 pm
(5) Deb says:

I MUST agree 100% with GH fan.
Especially after today’s episode, when he was willing to go with her, but there was only room for “1″!!

Who wouldn’t accept help from a qualified Doctor??

June 7, 2010 at 6:41 pm
(6) Ronnie Klimmek says:

I’ll miss Kimberly McCullough ( Robin) while she is gone. I think she is the greatest . I reall y love her. She’s precious and a wonderful star.

June 8, 2010 at 3:59 am
(7) Tammy says:

Good,I hope she never comes back…I can’t stand her or Lisa I would like to see Patrick with anybody except those two.

June 8, 2010 at 5:41 pm
(8) Dani says:

Patrick and Robin are the most uninteresting couple in the industry… I see no need for them at all period…boring!!!
For the life of me I can’t find a reason for anyone to be attracted to Patrick,,,,ugh!! So that makes Lisa a looser to me… It would be nice if the trio and Baby just simply went off on a journey one day……..