1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

"Shawn" Placed on Contract

By April 8, 2011

height=200

Hunky Sean Blakemore (Sean) has been placed on contract by General Hospital.

Meanwhile, two more veteran actors are apparently being let go, and two others will go on recurring.

Lots of changes over there, but congratulations to Blakemore, who has caught on with the viewers.

Comments

April 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm
(1) Annette says:

Two more vets…
Tracy and Edward-
Who else could it be?

Luke is going on vacation (obviously).
Brenda is supposed to be leaving (but I wouldn’t consider her a vet).

Nick.. well we knew he is leaving so he shouldn’t count and Brooklyn isn’t a vet.

Monica was already gone except for her name on the PA in the hospital.

Who else is a vet that is actually ‘on screen’?
Alice?

I’m so sad :(
I love Tracy and Edward.
Why must the Qs be eradicated?

As far as Shawn – he’s okay but I’d rather get rid of Shawn, Siobhan, Abby, Ethan, Maya and keep Tracy & Edward.
Just my opinion.

April 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm
(2) Maria says:

Monica is already on recurring. You’re forgetting about Maxie, Jax, Jason Cook, Bradford Anderson, Brandon Barash, Alexis Davis, the Drs. Drake – there are plenty of people considered “vets” who might be leaving or going on recurring.

April 8, 2011 at 4:40 pm
(3) Annette says:

Maria you are right…
Robin has been on forever… wow. I can’t imagine GH without Robin but she did ‘go to Paris’ before to study so it is possible and it would be so weird for Patrick to stay if she left AGAIN.

As far as Matt, Spinelli, Johnny.. I hadn’t thought of them as vets, more as “middle men”… like, they aren’t newbies, but they’ve been around ‘awhile’.

You are right about Mac, Alexis, and Maxie though. Vets with storylines flailing in the water :(
I hate that Monica is on recurring (since we seldom if ever see her).

Argh. How depressing – I will miss whoever goes.

I’m not however, going to stop watching.. I enjoy the overall ‘grand arc’ of GH and I hope that the writing will improve…if not, at least I can find enjoyment in a show I have loved for most of my life in a scene here and there and in the superb acting. To do anything less is cutting off my nose to spite my face.

April 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm
(4) Jaxlenia says:

I agree about keeping Tracy & Edward. I like Tracy and Edward’s the one that’s OK. But Shawn is more than OK; he’s actually Hot !! If Carly doesn’t have sense enough to get back with her “husband”, Jax, then maybe she can get something going with Shawn. I’m sick of Carly thinking she can control everyone in her life. It’s time she had a reality check.
I thought I read something to the effect that Jax will be slowly phasing out of the show. It would be interesting to see how that’s going to turn out with her closeness to her baby daughter, Josslyn. Oh well, this is a soap opera!

April 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm
(5) floraz says:

General Hospital Sucks, Period. I hope that ABC keeps All My Children and eliminate General Hospital all together. The only reason why I’m watching is Brenda….Once she leaves…I’m never watching this soap again. It is very sad that I rather watch Youtube (The Storyline of Luke and Laura0 over current day GH. The writing of current day GH makes no sense. Supposedly, The reason for the upcoming breakup of Sonny and Brenda is Brenda’s child. Really!!! Really!! Sonny has how many kids with how many women and we are suppose to believe that this is the reason why Brenda and Sonny marriage ends. Furthermore, Please don’t tell me that “women in the workforce” is the reason why soaps are on the decline. I have read several comments on Youtube from mothers who worked and college students that schedules were adjusted to watch the story line of Luke and Laura. The writing had everyone captivated and on edge. Today’s writing is geared to viewers who have ADD.

April 9, 2011 at 9:58 am
(6) Karl says:

I do not like the idea that some “vets” are being put on the back burner or being let go permanently, but am glad they saw the possibilities of storytelling with the character of Shawn. I am rooting for a Shawn and Carly pairing and hope the writers explore more interracial relationships on this show. Shawn obviously has some baggage in his past and it should be interesting to see it come out and Carly deal with it. I am also loving the scenes between Brenda and Carly – what a rivalry and hope they tussle some more….Vanessa and Laura make that rivalry good to watch

April 9, 2011 at 11:52 am
(7) ron says:

Great news! I hope they put the very handsome Shawn and Carly together. He is the man who can cool her down.

April 9, 2011 at 10:08 pm
(8) Peggy says:

I completely agree with Annette–I will keep watching as long as the show is on the air. Sure, there are some bad storylines, but there is also good stuff now and then that makes it worth watching. New character Sean has some real presence on the screen and I thought there was good chemistry with Carly. He seemed miscast as a bad guy, glad they turned him around quickly.

April 10, 2011 at 10:11 pm
(9) Annette says:

Oh I agree Peggy, Ron, and Karl that Shawn and Carly have great chemistry and are fun to watch… and yes, it is nice to see an interracial relationship explored on GH and to see the softer side of Shawn.

I’ll miss my vets, but am looking forward to ‘good story’. :)
Here’s to a good week on GH!

April 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm
(10) Diane says:

This show sucks. The writing is really bad. They make heros out of a mobster, hit man, rapist. The two top females on the show (Carly, Sam) made what they have on their backs.

I am sick to death of Jason disrepecting Jake’s death, like he disrespected his life. Sorry Steve not even you are cute enough to watch this drivel.

April 13, 2011 at 8:11 pm
(11) Sherry Rodgers says:

Jason “disrespecting Jake’s death like he disrespected his life”…what does that even mean? How has Jason disrespected Jake’s life and death? He loved Jake and was only thinking of Jake when he allowed him to be raised by Liz & Lucky for his own protection. I don’t understand the disrespect comments.

April 14, 2011 at 6:27 pm
(12) JAQ says:

I was informed that a character/actor can go in 13 weeks segments. So a contract can run from 13 weeks to 4 years.

Apparently if they know they are going to use someone in a storyline, but doesn’t want to sign them on, they go with the 13 week plan.
Not sure if this is true.

April 14, 2011 at 8:29 pm
(13) pfxh13 says:

I hate to see any of the Quartermaine leave-Alexis daughters can have recuring roles-off to college-Morgan seems to be gone?

April 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm
(14) glenn says:

Everyone who has viewed the show a long time (for the most part) has always enjoyed the Quartermaine family’s antics. Anyway, unfortunately a show like this does need teens on it – kids are home from school to watch it, so they have to have some young people on the show even though most people watching it are probably over 50. I am pissed they’re canceling the other shows, I just restarted watching OLTL. Just enjoy the show as it is because I am sure glad it is still on the air for the foreseeable future…

April 18, 2011 at 5:04 pm
(15) Peggy E. says:

Sorry to disagree about the Jason/Jake thread…Some of Steve’s scenes when he was in grief were amazing. Nobody ever knows what life brings, and his choice to give up Jake was the best decision at the time. I would watch Steve standing on my head with the volume turned off if I had to. He’s terrific.

April 18, 2011 at 5:09 pm
(16) Marvan says:

NO to Carly and Shawn!!

April 19, 2011 at 11:38 am
(17) Candy says:

Well it’s about time you added a man of color on this show. In a town like Port Charles you only see a few people of color there and that’s in the background. What is that all about, they brought on Maya, the Pediatrician and made him a bad guy and there is no Ephany not even at the nurses station, no Lainey. Thanks GH and give this brother a family or a connection to someone that is already there like Ephany. Make it more diverse like Young and the Restless and the Bold and the Beautiful. Those soaps are not being dropped because people of all colors are included so you have more viewers. I love GH but they do need to step it up.

April 19, 2011 at 3:36 pm
(18) Carolyn says:

I love the idea of keeping Sean he’s ” sex on a stick” very good looking man’s man. Keep him on he and Carlyle should get together.

Also I think Franco is Jason’s long lost brother Michael’s dad, he suppose to be dead he hates jason and alway’s wanted to out do him I think he’s trying to prove he’s a better hitman than jason he also feels Carlyle and michael turned on him for jason. if not! it’s a good story line.

April 20, 2011 at 6:57 am
(19) glenn says:

If a character is leaving for vacation, then it is likely those attached to that character can’t really have a storyline and to keep people on the show that cost more is not good. No matter who leaves someone is going to get upset. Get over it. At this point there is still a show for a time. The REASON the other two soaps got canceled was BECAUSE THEY WERE THE LOWEST RATED. I noticed no matter what soap was last went next. I expect ‘Days’ to go next, then ABC will maybe give up on ‘GH’ after that if its last. These shows cost a tremendous amount of money to produce and are not making the networks enough money, if they were they would stay on. I like soaps, but many people hate them, and it is obvious whoever runs the network now loves ‘The View’ which I can’t stand and only saw a few times last year and it was screaming nonsense that I will never watch again. Enjoy ‘GH’ while its here, we’re lucky it’s even on now, in all likelihood in future years we’ll be telling people of the days when there were actually soaps on TV…

April 20, 2011 at 6:53 pm
(20) jennifer says:

i love gh i’ll watch until it’s gone,but i hate that the vets are getting short changed.there would be NO gh if not for the quartermains they are gh and slowly there vanishing. The core familys like the quartermains,the spencers, the hardys ,the baldwins there hardly shown or talked about thats sad.the days when the donnelys,scorpio’s and the core familys those were the years of gh.hopefully the writers will see there mistakes and remember what made gh great.and it was’nt all the young kids its the vets who are the heart of gh.

April 20, 2011 at 10:50 pm
(21) sassykickinin says:

don’t want to see a carly & shawn pairing ff material…. why put him under contract and let the others go or put on reoccurring that is so dumb i’d rather see the characters i’m familiar with at least even if it’s reoccurring then shawn… if it’s about the money then get rid of him & the rest of the newby’s that are useless dumb or boring…..