1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Nathan Parsons May Be Leaving 'GH'

By December 20, 2011

height=112

Nathan Parsons (Ethan) is possibly leaving General Hospital.

Though it hasn't been officially announced, last month, in an interview with Michael Logan, Parsons was asked about his contract coming up for renewal now that he's in the middle of a storyline with the Woman in White. He commented, "The timing's not the best....I guess we'll have to sit down and talk."

On Twitter, Julie Marie Berman indicated that she was sad Parsons was leaving, stating that his talent was wasted. So somebody knows something, and I expect there will be an announcement soon.

Like other actors on the show, Parsons has been underutilized. He certainly could have been used in a more interesting manner. Meanwhile, that Spencer family is sure thinning out.

Comments

December 20, 2011 at 2:18 pm
(1) deb says:

I can’t help but wonder if he is leaving by chose or by pink slip. Nathan has grown as an actor since coming on the show.
I hope he takes ‘the women in white’ with him.

December 20, 2011 at 4:13 pm
(2) ron says:

He should stick around. The show will get as great as Wendy Riche and Paul Rauch had it once the new executive producer and head writer take over. The people that should go are: Olivia, Anthony, Kate and Spinelli.

December 20, 2011 at 4:52 pm
(3) Deb says:

Nathan’s character is useless. It was a mistake bringing him on as Lukes son. I hope he takes lady in white with him when he leaves. Soon.
NOT sure if Nathan is leaving on his own yet though…he may not have had a choice.

Spinelli should have left 5 years ago.

LOVE NuKate. Just not with SonnyBoy.

December 20, 2011 at 5:08 pm
(4) Peggy says:

I don’t agree about Spinelli, they just need to make him normal instead of such a flake. He needs to start calling people by their names, not silly nicknames–he needs to act his age. I think he is good with Maxie and could be better if they let him be a normal person, ditto in his friendship with Jason. YES, get rid of Olivia and Anthony! And Padilla (sp?) as well–the actress is so wooden and boring. Nathan has such potential if they would just write for him.

December 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm
(5) Deb says:

Your right Peggy. Those names he calls everyone! (Spinelli)are ridiculous to listen to! He is a good actor though!

Just read on GH2 that Nathan may not leave now. Sounds like it was his decision and now he is having 2nd thoughts.
I believe his contract was up, and he didn’t want to be part of a sinking ship. Now that the show is changing course (hopefully) he may stay. I still hope the lady in white leaves!

December 21, 2011 at 1:07 am
(6) Miki says:

I love Spinelli but I agree that its time for him to be normal. I love Anthony’s humor. I hope that they build up his character. Where is Helena?!!!

December 22, 2011 at 12:58 pm
(7) Diana says:

I like the way the old Spinelli was (Computer Geek). Bring that back and some normalness.

December 22, 2011 at 6:29 pm
(8) Deb says:

UPDATE. He is gone. Done. Off the set

December 26, 2011 at 5:19 pm
(9) billbeagle2 says:

I like Ethan now…I didnt when he first came to GH. He is much better now. I also like Anthony and Spinelli…I would LOVE if they got rid of Sonny!

December 26, 2011 at 6:05 pm
(10) perplexedmom says:

I am not complaining at least the show is still “standing” unlike the rest of the soaps … All my Children and next, One Life to Live… I hope GH makes it through 2012 and they don’t replace it with yet another talk show…. JMHO.

December 27, 2011 at 1:59 pm
(11) H.F.Washington says:

Billbeagle, I think you’re the only person who thinks like me about Sonny. You truly made my day(thank you). With the new “TEAM” coming to GH things should pick up. We might get some real cops in Port Charles. Can someone please tell me why Berman won an Emmy over Storm? 2X. She can leave too.

December 27, 2011 at 10:56 pm
(12) mae says:

i love nathan why doesn’t carly leave with AZ & franco. hate sam being hurt along with jason my fav, i cry with michael love chad.

January 2, 2012 at 5:32 pm
(13) buttercup says:

well i think they could get rid of carly and shawn never liked him he cant act also spinelle and franco please .let jason and sam have a normal happy life for a change and if she is pregrant please let it be hers and jasons that would be wonderful for them and if they are thinking of bringing jake back dont that story is finished now every one is starting to get back on track with there lifes

January 2, 2012 at 8:08 pm
(14) Joyce says:

why was Abby killed off? i never seen that coming, nor did i read about it in any of the soap magazines of her leaving the show.. i read all the soap magazines..so i was surprised by that. i liked her, she was good for Michael too, now he’s really going bad boy, since Abby is gone..

January 5, 2012 at 4:26 pm
(15) Karla says:

If nathan leaves I wont be surprised didnt u guys get the memo general hospital is the SONN&jASON SHOWWW _ every other character gets BORING RIDICULOUS&POINTLESS STORYLINES.HONESTLY GH PRODUERS OR WHOEVER IS THERE JOB TO HIRE NEW ACTORS why the hell waste time hiring actors if your going to give them crap storylines or just use them as scenery just have them stand there in the same room while jason sonny and luke get all the lines& good storyline.i hope nathan stays and lexi who plays kristina gets her job back I miss kristina&ethan together, So sad AMAZING CHARACTERS LIKE ETHAN ALEXIS KRISTINA DONT GET TO SHINE&the talent of these actors who play these amazing characters get wasted because sonny and jason get everything.AM NOT SAYING OUT WITH OLD IN WITH THE NEW AM SAYING GIVE THE NEW CHARACTERS TIME TO SHINE THATS WHY THE SHOW HIRED THEM RIGHT I MEAN THE ACTORS WHO PLAY KRISTINA MOLLY AND ETHAN DIDNT GET NOMINATED FOR AWARDS FOR THERE ROLES ON GH FOR NOTHING ,SONNy& JASON HAVE BEEN ON GENERAL HOSPITAL FOR YEARSSSSSSS CANT THE SHOW HAVE THEM STEP ASIDE NOW AND AGAIN AND LET THE NEW CHARCTERS SHINE IF THE SHOW WONT DO THAT THEN honstley since almost no scenes or storylines happen in the hospital they should just change the shows name from general hospital to the sonny&jason show and BE DONE WITH IT REALLY

January 25, 2012 at 9:35 pm
(16) ObieOne says:

I like Nathan. I would hate to see him go. I think the character has all the potential that Anthony Geary had when he cam on. nathan could really rise as a star on GH. I hate all the people leaving (Jackson, Lexi, etc.). I want the old Spinelli back. I love the geek and the names. i would just like to see him get a little move savvy. They have never told us his backstory. I was hoping he would be one of Sonny’s children. that would have been funny since Sonny hates him. I hope the new producers and writers give us the GH that was dramatic and fascinating, and filled with characters whose life I cared about. Beef up Mack’s role. He is a very sexy man… good writers could write a caper for Lukes sons. Imagine Lucky and Nathan saving the world from Helena or some new foe. They are smart, sexy and funny. Lukes son’s should not be boring. there is a history here. Use it.

February 24, 2012 at 11:28 pm
(17) angie says:

I have grown very tired of the mob show, oh sorry, i mean General Hospital. The old writer seemed to focus only on certain characters and left all the other wonderful actors/characters in the wind. I thought that maybe this new writer would be different. I guess I was wrong, instead of actually giving those negleted characters a meater storyline, he chooses to bring on new characters to focus on and possibly later forget. Oh no wait they are tied to the mob story, so that might actually have a chance. Parsons who has become a wonderful part of the show has actually been one of the only reasons I have continued watching the show. I would have liked to have seen him take on some kind of adventure (Luke/Laura) type of storyline. At least he was a little more refreshing than the whiny, self rightous characters focused all in the mob character storylines over the last few years. So sadly, I think with the departure of Parsons will be this once loyal fans departure from watching the show before any other writer sends it to its final resting place in soap history.