1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Maria Ciaccia

Some Llanview Residents Moving to 'GH'

By January 11, 2012

height=200

It makes sense, with the departing One Life to Live's producer Frank Valentini and head writer Ron Carlivati moving to Port Charles that a few of Llanview's citizens would accompany them. And, great news, they are!

Michael Easton (John) (previously announced), Kassie DePaiva (Blair), Kristen Alderson (Starr), and Roger Howarth (Todd) will be taking up residence in Port Charles.

Frank Valentini, GH's new executive producer, says that Sonny (who else) will be the center of a story characters of One Life to Live. So instead of coming in playing new roles, these actors will be portraying characters familiar to their audience, whom we hope will now be watching General Hospital!

No date has been given for the group to begin taping, nor whether these characters are in PC for a story arc or will be sticking around.

I'm sighing big-time here. GH, you've been handed some great opportunities in the past. Your life is on the line. Please, please, don't blow this one.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

January 11, 2012 at 1:37 pm
(1) J.J. says:

This is some amazing talent coming to GH. I’m so excited. If the story and OLTL characters are not completely dominated by Sonny I think this could be some interesting story. Not only do these characters/actors have so much dimension but they also bring w/ them substantial, rich history and baggage! I can’t wait to see how they are incorporated into the Port Charles canvas. I hope it makes sense. I really can’t wait to see Blair go toe to toe w/ Carly. That will be AMAZING!!! That being said…BRING SKYE BACK!

January 11, 2012 at 1:55 pm
(2) debi says:

I just read that on twitter. What gives??
These people moving across the coast as a last attempt at reviving GH?
Or they coming over so GH goes out on a ‘high’? Which?

January 11, 2012 at 2:32 pm
(3) ron says:

Instead of doing this, why not write for the characters on the show? Bring back old favorites like: Lucy, Felicia and Alan. Blair is going to outsource Carly, and I don’t think this is fair. Remember what happened to As the World Turns, when they bought Another World characters on after the show ended. That did not work too well for As the World Turns and they had to get rid of the Another World characters. Stick to the history of the show, instead of making it into the new One Life to Live.

January 11, 2012 at 3:00 pm
(4) deb says:

The reason they are doing this, is to bring over OLTL fav’s to keep GH going. LAST ATTEMPT to save GH.
Gain viewership from OLTL fans.
Should GH start to make money through sponsorship its a win win situation for all.
If not, these people are only on for a 6 month contract.
6 months is long enough for abc to decide if GH is worth keeping.
I give them an A for trying.
As much as some of us have our fav’s from this show that are gone…we are still viewers. They need to gain more viewers, what better way than to bring OLTL over.

January 11, 2012 at 3:35 pm
(5) TLW says:

They are very smart to do this. I think ABC was shocked to find out just how high OLTL’s ratings were AFTER they had canceled it. I had quit watching GH a while ago, but will now watch due to my OLTL characters moving over and also the return of Anna and Robert Scorpio (another excellent move on GH’s part).

January 11, 2012 at 4:07 pm
(6) debi says:

TLW I completely agree with you. That why no decision has been made yet on the future of GH.

January 11, 2012 at 5:37 pm
(7) TLW says:

Debi, I was amazed by my own excitement when I first saw the announcement today on TV regarding the OLTL actors crossing over and then got on here to see THIS announcement. I have been wanting Anna and Robert back in a MAJOR way. And now that they’re going to be back, I wish Robin was staying on even MORE. Haha! There will be some GH fans who are sour grapes over the OLTL characters coming in, but there are people that will be watching GH now who never did before and that can only be a shot in the arm for GH.

January 12, 2012 at 3:31 am
(8) debi says:

TLW-It was a brilliant move to make. IMO IF the writing steps up, GH has a chance.
Is ME or KD my favorites? NO. But they are good actors.
Get rid of all the newbies that were brought on this year to GH, and writers GET BUSY!!

I HATE the negativity I read on other boards.
EX:’Raven says GH is done in June’

When did we get yet another new Prez of daytime tv??
Not bashing, but really folks, NOBODY knows the future of GH today. Other than, they are giving it some ‘oxygen’ for life!

January 13, 2012 at 1:09 pm
(9) jill says:

I agree Debi. I finally found this site that isn’t all negative! Yes, I understand the frustration about GH storylines, I don’t like them either. But as a loyal GH’er since the early 80′s I get upset with all the negativity.

At first I was concerned about all the OLTL actors, but I have to agree that at least they are trying something. I can’t imagine that if there was NO hope whatever, that they would uproot these people’s lives to move all the way to LA for just a short stint on a soon to be cancelled show. To me it does show that they are willing to try to raise the ratings. I think it is between The Chew, Revolutation and GH to see who was the best ratings. I know GH costs more, but if we can show we have the best ratings as a lead in to their beloved Katie (UCK!) than GH might still have a shot. I’m excited about what February and beyond will bring!

January 13, 2012 at 2:02 pm
(10) generalhospital says:

I agree with you. I just don’t want people to be disappointed and upset, so understand me when I say I’m not being negative, just cautious. The fact that these people are being uprooted does not mean that there is any commitment to GH. Remember, they uprooted the entire production of All My Children and lied to Susan Lucci and they knew they were going to cancel the show. They didn’t think anything of uprooting then, and they don’t think anything about it now. It’s critical that viewers understand the point of view of ABC – it is just money and business to them. Think about any company in the U.S. – how many times have you heard of people being fired just before Christmas, or laid off? Networks are no different. Just big corporations looking at the bottom line.

Look, my job depends on GH staying on the air. I’ve been watching it since it BEGAN. I have many memories that surround it. The last thing in this world I want to see is this institution getting bumped for some trash. But we all need a reality check — keep filling out those coupons, writing, watching, doing whatever you can because it’s NOT over…but keep in mind, we are dealing with slime.

January 14, 2012 at 1:47 pm
(11) debi says:

Hey Jill…..I have to stay positive! I am hoping with the end of the show on Friday the ratings will be so high, they will merge the 2 shows together. Imagine BOTH Todds on GH? Or Blair & Carly fighting over Jax?? It goes on and on with the possibilities.

BREAKING NEWS: Hillary B. Smith joins the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful!

January 15, 2012 at 6:30 pm
(12) Becki says:

I really hope this works out for the OLTL actors. I remember in ’99 when AW was cancelled and 4 actors went over to ATWT. They didn’t last long, only Tom Eplin stuck around for any kind of time. That being said, the story lines were interesting enough that ATWT gained me as a new viewer for many years (though I bailed when julia raped jack… that was too much for me).

Best of luck to the new crew, and welcome to the new viewers.

January 16, 2012 at 10:08 am
(13) TLW says:

Debi,
I heard the news about Hillary B. Smith’s move to B&B, playing a sex therapist. I’m happy that she’ll still be on TV, but since today is only the first day I’ll be without OLTL, I’m still in an adjustment phase. It’s like any other loss, I suppose—it doesn’t always hit you immediately, but a little while later when you realize it’s really gone.

January 17, 2012 at 10:19 am
(14) debi says:

For me, it would be GH that would devastate me. I was off/on again with OLTL for years. These past 5-6 years I have watched closely.
I just posted this below. For those who are afraid OLTL will take over on GH:

Kassie DePavia (Blair Manning, OLTL) posted the following on her Official Website:

“I must say the ads and press release by ABC is a little misleading and I feel I need to clarify to all my friends, family and fans…wondering when I’m moving to Los Angeles. Frank Valentine, GH’s EP, asked me to come out for a couple of shows in February and I’m thrilled. Not only will I get to work with a fantastic cast…but a little piece of OLTL will live on. That makes me very happy. And who knows where it will lead. Once the Mannings come to town anything is possible. I wish everyone at GH the best. No one loves daytime more than Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati and no one works harder than those two men. GH is in good hands and hopefully ABC will let GH live on! See ya’ll soon in Port Charles!”

January 18, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(15) Debra says:

TLW-I am hearing some ‘rumblings’ about Chad Duell. I heard them first from someone on Raven’s site, now Michael Fairman is talking about the possibility. Gee, I hope this isn’t true. Though I hate the storyline for Michael, I adore the actor.
Please let this rumor be nothing! Though if my memory serves me correct, they got rid of the other Michael in April. Maybe that is when Chad’s contract is up and he wants out??