1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Maria Ciaccia

Kirsten Storms Not Returning to 'GH' When Expected

By January 22, 2012

Wed May 13 13:45:25 2009

Though fans have been anxiously awaiting the return of Kirsten Storms (Maxie), the actress will not be coming back to General Hospital at the end of the month as expected.

Soap Opera Digest states that the actress will not be back "for the foreseeable future."

Storms left in September due to endometriosis, with Jen Lilley temporarily taking over the part of Maxie. Storms tweeted in December that she expected to be back soon.

It was then announced that Storms would be returning at the end of January and that her scenes would start appearing in February.

Comments

January 22, 2012 at 4:31 am
(1) Barb says:

I’m betting she’s been fired. They like the new Maxie and thinks she’s sexier.

January 22, 2012 at 6:30 am
(2) debi says:

The new Maxie is not sexier. And is she more nerve racking!!!!!
Though she is good in the role, she is not KS.

Yet something tells me KS is done with GH

January 22, 2012 at 11:52 am
(3) Peggy says:

I like the new Maxie, I was just thinking the other day that I will kind of miss her when KS comes back.

I don’t think we know what exactly was/is going on with KS. First there is no explanation at all for her departure. Everyone assumes rehab. Then they came up with this endometriosis thing, which may or may not have been the real reason for her absence, but it doesn’t seem like a reason to never come back.

Can’t fuss about it, though. I believe it is some sort of personal problem, and it’s nobody’s business but hers. It would be refreshing if she would let her fans in on what’s going on, but that’s her choice to make. She’s not our friend; she’s an actress who plays a character on a show we watch.

January 22, 2012 at 3:01 pm
(4) debi says:

I agree, it is a personal issue.

January 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm
(5) ron says:

This new Maxie is great! I love her and think that she is doing a great job. She is also fun to watch. She is better at being Maxie than the former Maxie.

January 23, 2012 at 4:56 pm
(6) Lee says:

I adore KS! I don’t want the new Maxi to stay. She’s probably a really nice girl but nobody yells “Spinelli” like KS!!!!

January 23, 2012 at 5:36 pm
(7) Denise says:

The “new” Maxie drives me up a wall, don’t like her voice, don’t like her looks and certainly don’t care for her acting……sorry to the actress…..

January 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm
(8) Tammy says:

I like the new Maxie better,she plays the role of Maxie much better.Maxie is more irritating and selfish with Jen Lilley playing her.Hope you stay

January 23, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(9) nicole says:

Do NOT like the new Maxie – what a baby voice and not as sophisticated – bring back the original Maxie – she is a fantastic actress.

January 23, 2012 at 7:00 pm
(10) debi says:

I agree, nobody does it like Kirstin. Thing is, I don’t think Kirstin is coming back. I think Jen is here for the balance of GH. JMO
I don’t understand what is going on with her career. I guess I shouldn’t worry about it if she isn’t though!!!!!

Kirstin you are missed.

January 23, 2012 at 7:13 pm
(11) Annette says:

I like both Kirsten and Jen.
I kind of wish Kirsten could come back and Jen could leave for a week then come back as someone else.. as long as her character has scenes with Patrick and Anthony I’m sold :)

Both girls are fabulous and I appreciate and enjoy their talents.

As far as endometreosis being debilitating?
Yes. It can be.
if you have ever had it, or fibroids, or any other major disease of the uterus, yes, it is.
If you haven’t then you have no idea of the intense pain and weakness it can cause and how it can grow and extend past the uterus into other parts of the abdomen.
I eventually had a hysterectomy because I couldn’t take it, after 10 years… and the hysterectomy, at a younger age, was a tough thing to deal with, both physically and emotionally.
NOT saying that is exactly what Kirsten is going through, but the entire thing is hers to deal with. She needs support not criticism and doubt.

January 23, 2012 at 7:16 pm
(12) AkSand52 says:

Denise,I agree with you regarding “new” Maxie’s voice and her acting. Also JL(new Maxie) and the actress playing NuKate look enough alike they could play mother and daughter…hey,there’s a storyline thought!! I should be a writer.NOT! Anyway,I have to really be watching the show closely or I get the 2 actresses confused. Maybe I’m just getting old and everything is confusing LOL

January 23, 2012 at 7:37 pm
(13) AkSand52 says:

I like Annette’s idea of Kirsten coming back and Jen leaving for a short time and returning as a different character…HHMM..maybe as Kate’s long,lost albet yet to be disclosed daughter…possibly by Sonny.
Would that,then make her Dante’s half sister and Lulu’s sister-inlaw?And then ,how many kids would Sonny have and by how many different women??
There I go trying to write again LOL :-)

January 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm
(14) mae says:

love kirsten would hate it if she doesn’t return i left Days when she did. i hope she’s getting better. just don’t touch steve burton or i’ll leave for sure.

January 23, 2012 at 10:35 pm
(15) debi says:

Annette..I don’t think anyone here was criticizing KS.

Whatever her reasons are for being out, they are private.

January 24, 2012 at 1:17 am
(16) Dee says:

The new Maxie, I find to be extremely annoying + there is no “feeling” in her acting. It’s just memorizing lines.
I started watching GH , only because Kirsten Storms started. Her first appearance was my 1st day watching it religiously .
Anyways, I’m sorry but I don’t believe the whole Endometriosis story. She may have it, but it’s not what’s keeping her off the show.
I’ve was diagnosed with Endometriosis 19 years ago & it only affects our “monthly” problem. I also have other health problems in that region , but it doesn’t stop my life.
Whatever is wrong Kirsten, I hope everything works out & you come back to GH really soon. :)

January 25, 2012 at 6:57 am
(17) caseyd1025 says:

They should never leave a good actress go. So I say keep them both. They could work a “misplaced twin” into the storyline. I think they are both wonderful and do a good job acting.

January 25, 2012 at 10:05 am
(18) debi says:

Though I don’t care for Jen in the role of Maxie, she has shown her talent beyond words. I don’t think she will be without work long.

However, again, something tells me KS is gone from GH.

January 30, 2012 at 5:08 pm
(19) Barbie says:

Bring back the original Maxie. She had more spunk and was much better at the role of Maxie. I cannot get used to the new Maxie no matter how hard I try. :(

I pray she is feeling better and will return to GH!!!

January 30, 2012 at 5:17 pm
(20) MrsTad99 says:

I HATE the new maxie and i can not wait for KS to return. KS is maxie and nobody can do it like her. the new Maxie annoys me and i can’t stand her voice. when she is on, it is like a commerical break for me. Get well soon KS. Me and my daugter misses you soooo much

January 30, 2012 at 6:15 pm
(21) Tammy says:

I hope she doesn’t come back.I like the new Maxie better…she’s more annoying,and that’s why I like her better

January 30, 2012 at 7:13 pm
(22) Marian says:

Do not really enjoy the new Maxie.
Too bad she is not coming back.
GH should take lead from the Y & R they still have their original Family
I watch that now every dayinstead of GH, which I watch once a week

January 30, 2012 at 10:07 pm
(23) karen says:

I was so wanting the old maxie back, I dont like the new one at all, and sometimes even fast forward through her scenes….

January 30, 2012 at 10:33 pm
(24) Cindy says:

I don’t like the new Maxie, she is way to whiny & selfish. I really want Kirsten Storms (the original Maxie) to come back, she is such a Great actress & in my opinion, way prettier than the new Maxie. Kirsten Storms get well soon, we want you back.

January 31, 2012 at 8:29 am
(25) donna says:

KS is Maxie n thats all she wrote! get well soon.

January 31, 2012 at 10:30 am
(26) ANDREA says:

I DON’T LIKE THE NEW MAXI, I WANT KIRSTEN BACK.
HOPE SHE FEELS BETTER SOON !!!!

January 31, 2012 at 1:41 pm
(27) Marie says:

I want KS back also

January 31, 2012 at 10:23 pm
(28) cathelea says:

i want kirsten to come back soon…her replacement is doing a great job in a difficult role, but she is not maxie…perhaps she could be used in a different role that would better suit her…kirsten has made maxie her own…it she does not come back, it would b e better to write her role out…what about general hospital being cancelled…i have been reading that gh could be cancelled in the fall…rumor or fact???

February 1, 2012 at 9:01 am
(29) Linda says:

I miss the “real” Maxie. No one can ever replace the real thing. This Maxie is just for flighty and scattered. Not that KS wasn’t the same but had a much better way of handling it.

February 8, 2012 at 1:05 am
(30) Janice says:

The article above states she left in September for endometriosis.. I don’t have a problem with Jen, I have a problem with KS not playing Maxie. While I am getting used to her in the role, its taken me much longer to ‘see’ her as Maxie, compared to when Chad took over as Micheal. Within a week he had me. This girl has been here since Sept and I am still like….is Kristen better yet? I have a uterine disorder that they thought was endometriosis for years and it is painful and debilitating. Good grief some women have menstrual issues that are debilitating. Endometriosis can cause the need for a hysterectomy. I pray she didn’t have to go through that.

February 14, 2012 at 4:22 pm
(31) generalhospital says:

Well, you have to remember, Drew Garrett wasn’t Michael as long as Kirsten was Maxie. Once Michael was an adult, you didn’t compare him to a child any longer. Kate Howard is another one – a recurring character and off the screen a long time – you could more easily accept a new Kate. It’s very tough to get used to a new actress in such a pivotal role who has played it so long.

February 8, 2012 at 4:23 pm
(32) Mary says:

OMG this new Maxie is awefull. I have to turn the volume down when she comes on because of her trying to talk like the REAL She screeches.. Maxie. Nobody can act like the real Maxie. I can’t wait till Kristen comes back. PLEASE CO ME BACK MAXIE.