1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

So Whose Ashes Are Those, Anyway?

By March 27, 2012

Poor Patrick on Monday's General Hospital, grieving and spreading a stranger's ashes over the site of what was to be his and Robin's new home.

So who has Robin? I'm guessing Faison. It wouldn't be the first time -- he once kidnapped the whole Scorpio family.

It was made clear to Kimberly McCullough when she was making her plans to leave General Hospital that the new regime did not want her to die.

So here's the question: Since Robin is alive, what does this mean for the future of General Hospital? McCullough is working on her directing career. Originally I heard that Robin "will be back for the finale." If there's no finale, will Robin go to work somewhere else or be a stay-at-home mom we don't see? Or will the family move away and Jason Thompson lose his job? Or will she stay "dead" indefinitely? We'll have to see.

In other events on the show, Ewen puts Kate under hypnosis, McBain confronts both Jason and a snoopy Carly, and Johnny and Sonny have a major showdown.

You can read all about it here.

Comments

March 27, 2012 at 8:41 am
(1) ron says:

I am so glad that they did not kill Robin, but the show is still boring. I was expecting more from the new executive producer and writer. I fast forward through the whole show yesterday, except for the scenes which had Elizabeth and Patrick in them. I do not want to see Carly, Johnny, Kate, Sonny or Jason. I fast forward through them all making the show go by quicker. The only interesting thing about Jason, is that Heather will be on soon. I hope this show goes back to the vets soon and drop the Carly, Sonny and Jason show. And I am still mad that the opening credits do not show Tracy, Edward or Monica.

March 27, 2012 at 9:32 am
(2) deb says:

Opening credits don’t show Maxie either. Nu or old.

Carly going thru Kate’s stuff was tacky. Even tackier was John McNostrils threatening to turn her in. Who is he? The new sheriff in town? Most blogs are loving him. Not me. Joe Cool he is not.. Who gives him the right to go to someone else’s territory and start investigating people??

I wasn’t surprised to see Robin. We knew she was alive. She has been on set taping. What surprised me was that they showed her so soon. It was probably a teaser to let us know she is alive for those who hadn’t figured out she wasn’t gone for good.

I like Sonny & Jason. I am just tired of the same ‘lines’ that come out of Sonny’s mouth all the time.

Soon we will know the fate of GH. IMO it isn’t looking good.

What did everyone think of abc sticking in promos for their nitetime soaps during the commercials?? Is this their way of telling us not to be upset when they pull GH because abc has other great shows at night to watch?
I hate to say it, but I probably will watch those primetime shows. They look good. And REVENGE rocks, if you can find a new episode to watch.

March 27, 2012 at 3:17 pm
(3) Annette says:

I’m so tired of the “B in Apt whatever” I hope to never see that show.
Gag. Those commercials!
The only other ABC Shows I watch are OUAT and Castle.
I never got into Revenge… I got hooked on Ringer instead.

As for Robin – I guess I’m glad she isn’t dead but the entire story is then moot, all of the angst and pain (well acted) is just… for naught.
It would have made more sense for the Doctors Drake to move although then ABCD wouldn’t have been able to torment their viewers which is probably the point.

So Faison has Robin. Same old story from days gone by.

When GH does end, I’d really love it to END.
I’d love for Faison and Helena to be cackling madly as Helena finally FREEZES Port Charles! Then later if someone really wants GH they could come along and THAW Port Charles and start anew. That would kind of rock. IMO we don’t need any more soaps fizzling out down the proverbial drain with empty promises.
I love GH, I want a proper send off that I can laugh, cry, scream, cheer, and throw stuff at my TV about.
I want passion and grief.

They could even blow up Port Charles completely.
I’d be sad, I’d scream and rant, but it would be better than an empty promise that never panned out.
Of course, I hope this doesn’t happen for years. ;)

I’m guess I’m just saying, I’m tired of ‘half-deaths’, for characters and shows. (This coming from the person who has insisted Jake is still alive after a year. ha. My, how a year has changed me!)

PS – I don’t read spoilers – I like to let the show unfold in its own time. If I say something that isn’t “spoilt” that’s why.

March 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm
(4) Sasha says:

I almost wish they would just cancel it. The writing has been so bad lately. One of the soap sites I visit, Soap Central – has this option on its daily recaps. A what happened 5 years, 10 years. And sometimes I read them and go – OMG – i remember that. I couldn’t get enough I would watch the entire hour without fast forwarding. I couldn’t wait to get home from school or work and pull up. Now, I barely watch them. I skim the recaps and when I do get sucked in, I end up fast forwarding through 40 mins of the show because I don’t care about the storylines. GH resigns Rebecca Herbst – SO WHAT. Elizabeth hasn’t been a quality character since before Greg Vaughn. They messed up that character a long time ago and now she just irritates me. They had me for a minute with Jonathan Jackson back – man how he upped everyone’s game around him. The months with Jake’s death were some of the best the show has done in recent years. Basically, I’m done. I am willing to lay to rest the genre of Soap. Let’s hope Reality TV is next. I’d kill for some quality 30 min sitcoms. Happy Endings and Modern Family are great, but what about the days of Full House, Growing Pains, Who’s the Boss, Family Matters, Step by Step – those were quality ABC sitcoms. Bring family tv like that back. No more procedural cop dramas or musical shows. Just good TV. Okay stepping off “soap” box. :)

March 27, 2012 at 5:01 pm
(5) Annette says:

Ah you know Sasha, I agree with you on the racing home to watch GH back in the day, and loving every minute of GH all the way up to this year, really, where I’ve finally just kind of thrown my hands up at the writing, I still love ‘the show’. The writing is just awful.

There will always be a variety of stuff on TV.

Personally, I don’t care for the 30 min sitcoms. They make my teeth hurt but I understand and accept that many other people like them.

I love the procedural cop dramas and anything with a real ‘arc’ and I like ‘some’ of the music shows, but I prefer to focus more on the ‘art’ and less on the ‘competition’. As a musician It is nice to see music encouraged in any genre. That’s JMO.

As far as ‘reality TV’ we are in full agreement. Oh, I’d love the Snookies and crew to leave our airwaves once and for all although I’d miss Dance Moms. Haha. It’s so awful. OMG, It is so awful. But I do watch it, I do.

hangs head in shame and walks away….

March 27, 2012 at 8:26 pm
(6) Shannon says:

I’m shocked no one has thought David Haywood, her stepdad!! He kept all those people in Pine Valley they thought were die. What if he has Emily, Alan, Georgie, Courtney, Jake, And AJ??

March 27, 2012 at 10:22 pm
(7) Ang says:

As long as either Faison or David Hayward has all these people captive that we thought were dead but are still alive, somebody please tell me Duke Lavery is among them as well. I’d like to see Duke and Anna reunited. 😉

March 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm
(8) Pam says:

I am so glad Robin is back! I can’t wait for Partrick to know! They are my favorites! Who has Robin, Lisa, Franco Well will Patrick and Emma soon know robin is ok////

March 27, 2012 at 11:52 pm
(9) c0at_hanger says:

My mother has been watching GH since she was 15. I’m almost 28, now. I grew up watching GH, its been a daily … ritual, lol. My mom, wife and I cried like babies throughout Robin’s funeral WEEK (talk about beating a dead horse). Now she’s awake, in some … odd hospital-like room and we see an obviously older lady nurse? Help her back into bed? We’re thinking a lot of the same things … Fasion, Haywood with his little kidnapped ‘family’ of dead cast members, maybe even Franco (as far fetched as that may be) lol.
But then again … Robin is Jason’s bff, yea? Who knows! Everyone dies and comes back or has amnesia, haha.

March 28, 2012 at 1:14 am
(10) Jessi says:

Can anyone tell me who the female nurse is?

March 28, 2012 at 1:55 pm
(11) laverne says:

I am so sick of Carly. Why are we forced to like her?

March 28, 2012 at 1:57 pm
(12) hen says:

I am so tired of ABC trying to force Carly and Sonny on us. That is why the ratings of so low, because of these two characters. What about strong characters like Tracy, Mac and Alexis?

March 28, 2012 at 9:25 pm
(13) Annette says:

My DH is on Team Franco for having Robin. He said that the second they showed Robin in the ‘hospital bed’.

Maybe there were two Franco ‘twins’ and Jason was the fraternal twin or brother.
gah – who knows.

It ties together and is Franco-creepy so I do like it.

David… oh I used to love David back in the day. He was a great villain.

March 29, 2012 at 9:48 am
(14) debi says:

There are 2 Franco twins. No doubt. The other’s name is Jason Morgan.
I NEVER want to see James Franco on GH again.

March 31, 2012 at 10:02 am
(15) Nance says:

I have been a long time supporter of GH and I am soooooooo disappointed with the new openings, the new music, which is so stupid and dramatic and the story lines are boring. It has really gone down hill and I don’t know if I will continue to watch. I DVR it everyday because I work, but I find myself fowarding over so many parts that I don”t know why I keep watching. The substance has gone away and I don’t need all the new characters being brought over from One Life to Live. This used to be a great show to watch and now I could care less if they cancel it so I don’t feel compelled to watch it anymore. Characters come and go with no explanation. What ever happened to Shawn?

March 31, 2012 at 10:05 am
(16) Debi says:

Who cares about the opening? We get more GH time, as well as better stories. Opening?? That is the least of there problems.

April 2, 2012 at 6:38 pm
(17) Annaleigh says:

I think Franco would snatch up Robin just because he knows how much she means to Jason. I can see him holding her and somehow getting Jason to do something dramatic to save her? I am still of the belief that Jake is not dead either – something has always made me think he staged that to hurt Jason as well. Unlike some of you, I hope Franco isn’t dead and would welcome him back. As an actor he is riveting!

April 2, 2012 at 7:44 pm
(18) Ronald Walter Klimmek says:

Please try to get Robin back to G.H. I miss her and so does all her loyal fans. We all love Robin aka. Kimberly McCullough .

April 2, 2012 at 7:46 pm
(19) Ruby says:

Please stop bitching & moaning about our favorite soap. This just gives TPTB more ammunition to cancel our last guilty luxury. You people don’t stop complaining. The show isn’t too bad at the moment. But the way you are going, the next coffin we see will be one with the cadavre of our dear show in it. I love this show, warts and all. It has become alot better. I enjoyed the OLTL cross-over. I am glad Robin isn’t really dead & the reveal was made only after we cried our hearts out. I am glad that we are seeing some of the under used actors esp NLG. Maybe Duke might even come on – if Ian Buchanan has seen out his contract at DOOL. Keep your fingers crossed that GH gets renewed.

April 2, 2012 at 10:44 pm
(20) generalhospital says:

The only thing that gives the powers that be ammunition are the ratings. If people aren’t watching, GH has NO CHANCE.

April 2, 2012 at 8:38 pm
(21) Billie says:

I’m so happy that Robin’s alive!! I can’t wait to see who has her and when she reunited with Patrick and Emma. Matt, Maxie, Mac, Anna, and Spinelli are doing a good job to with the storyine.

The rest of the show is boring.

April 2, 2012 at 8:44 pm
(22) GH Fan Forever says:

I agree with you Ruby! The people need to lay off the complaining about GH, or we will lose our fave soap forever. I like most of the storylines right now, I was really surprised that Robin was still alive. I don’t know how they will explain that one, cause we saw her fall, and then the explosion. Guess they will have an explanation somehow. Love the dual personalities of Kate storyline. Not a big fan of OLTL characters, but they are ok, and I know they have fans following them, which is good! Wish Jonathan Jackson would come back for good! He’s a great actor! Love Luke and Tracy!

April 2, 2012 at 9:10 pm
(23) Bonnie says:

Hi love Debs comment McNostrils!!! I could never say it but have thought it many times. You can also add Todd to that one!

I also knew Robin was coming back but did not expect her so soon. I think it will be a long time till we see her again, depending on the fate of the show. So that was a tease for the watchers.

I love this show and want it to continue,,.,alot of people are praising the news guys, but why?? The ratings have not sky rocketed.. the best thing they have done is brought out some great acting, and brought back some fan favorites. From what I read in spoilers it does not sound that great… time will tell. LOVE GH!

April 3, 2012 at 12:01 am
(24) Lee McNamara says:

I am not supprised that General Hospital will go the way of All My Children, and ONe Life to Live. It will be the end of day time chiannel seven for myself and group of my soap opera friends, the show has to be almost fifty years old,
I remember ironing and watching it for a half hour back in 1962 ior 63, that son will be 50 this year.

Thank you for General Hospital, it will be missed.

Lee

April 3, 2012 at 11:19 am
(25) FernandeAlice says:

This is for Debbie. I imagine McNostrils is McBain. Why can’t you be polite and call him by his character’s name? This man is a very good actor and if you don’t like him it’s just too bad. And if your physique is perfect, good for you. Most of us have parts of our body that we don’t like but we accept them. So, do the same for mr. Easton.

April 3, 2012 at 12:11 pm
(26) omg says:

That’s right- they “burned up” Lucky, too. Until we found out they didn’t- that was one of the most emotional story arcs for me- I bawled like a baby- and was I shocked when he showed up alive- Huge but good surprise for me. I sure hope THTB don’t take GH, too- I have not allowed even 1 minute of The Chew or The Revolution since they have been on- my husband even knows to change the channel if he happens to be around and I’m not- I’m tired of other people deciding what I like

April 4, 2012 at 4:57 pm
(27) Judy from South Carolina says:

RUBY! I agree wholeheartedly! I have said the same thing over and over and OVER again here until I am out of breath!

If there is ANY chance at ALL that any of our postings are read or mean anything, the last thing that needs to be splattered all over the place is negative comments and us bidding farewell to our beloved GH before a decision is made public.

Yes, we are all entitled to our constructive criticism but “hating the new writer and executive producer”, “hating and fast forwarding” through most of the show………….NOT what is going to help GH right now.

Again, GH fans — even if you are disappointed in GH right now when you turn your tv on at 3 pm (well for me here on the East Coast anyway) even if it is just out of pure habit and you don’t see GH on anymore you are going to miss it, even the parts you were “bored to tears” with!

April 5, 2012 at 8:51 pm
(28) pam says:

Since OLTL’s people have come over to GH, a lot of GH people have disappeared, Even the story line about Kate is the same duplicate personalities that Vicki had on OLTL. John has no acting in his voice, he has just one tone and thinks he has the right to come to PC and do what he wants. Get rid of them and bring our GH people back to the forefront.

April 6, 2012 at 4:01 pm
(29) generalhospital says:

I think they will bring the GH characters to the forefront, but I also think they’re trying to establish John McBain and Starr right now.

April 7, 2012 at 3:17 pm
(30) Marilyn G says:

You are kidding right, Take General Hospital off television. You know what, I will not watch the Chew or Revolution on television either, turn it off when it is on and I am watching television. Sponsors need to know we want General Hospital. Write the people that advertise with it.
Please taking GH down will be like taking a plane down with your whole town in it. With no survivor,

I have watched General Hospital since I was little. The reception was so bad it looked as if it was snowing in Port Charles hospital in July. Audrey was dating Steve Hardy, can you imagine that is a long time. When they would be sexy, Audrey would sit on Steve’s lap. Came a long way baby.
Marilyn

April 12, 2012 at 1:46 am
(31) NancyMM says:

I have watched GH for 44 yrs. Over the many years it is sometimes great sometimes not so good. BUT I still watch it…love to see what is going on with the people of Port Charles. I just hope ABC will let GH remain on the air. I hope they will treat GH better than they treated AMC & the greatly missed OLTL!! I am delighted to hear that the CHEW & the REVOLUTION are not doing well. I will NEVER watch them!! BUT will watch only GH on ABC daytime. I love having Anna back; wish Robert Scorpio stayed longer; I am glad Robin is still alive! I do miss Ethan though–it seems that they never fleshed out his character. Long Live GH!!

May 11, 2012 at 2:04 pm
(32) sara says:

I watched general hospital for 18 year’s,i love the show but i was mad when they start taking off people’s like nickloas,emily,kristina alexis sister,jaxs,jerry,robin,laura,helena,robert,ned & Georgia.And I love that anna is back in the show but i also would love to see jaxs.jerry,nickloas,robert,helena,ned & robert back in the show & i would love to see that robert save robin & to take her home to patrick!!!!!!And i do not think general hospital should get taking off tv but i do think all my children & one life to live should get tke off tv but onething i can say is that i love general hospital like i said i been watching general hospital for 18 year’s & i would hate to see that general hospital get taking off tv.But i really think that they should bring back the people’s that they took off like robin,laura.helena,jaxs,jerry,robert,ned & nickloas!!!!!!!But please please please please please don’t take off general hospitalnot only me that love general hospital but alot of people do to.And i am so hapy that they did not ill robin off the show & i can not wait to see robin go home to patrick soon!!!!!I think it was helen that took robin to get to luke & robert for kill her husband & i think it should be robert who save his daughter & take her home.

July 21, 2012 at 9:33 pm
(33) Florida mom says:

I think Franco’s mom the nurse who Heather gave him to was the lady who we saw with Robin. I think eventually a lot of characters we think are dead will return and most will be people connected to Jason or important to Jason. It makes sense when Robin was killed she was trying to cure Jason. Also Jake, Emily, AJ, Courtney so many people that were special or part of Jason’s life could be hostage I am really getting to the point I can predict the stories know Sam’s baby was going to be taken as soon as they brought Tea on pregnant figured they would be swapped. Please start to unfold all this soon making me crazy

July 24, 2012 at 1:03 pm
(34) Anna says:

I am praying to the freaking heavens that they don’t bring David Hayward to General Hospital. He was the one character I could not stand on All My Children – pleasepleaseplease don’t ruin GH with this guy. He was not a good villain and caused more frustration and annoyance than good drama.

I am really hoping it’s Franco though.

August 4, 2012 at 5:51 pm
(35) jenny says:

stop all your wining…the show is great same as always..lots of stuff going on…

shows get cancelled cuz of your wining…