1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Another 'OLTL' Character Headed to Port Charles?

By April 9, 2012

height=

Rumor has it that the character of attorney Tea Delgado, played by Florencia Lozano on One Life to Live, may be soon playing her trade in Port Charles. The character is the ex-wife of Todd (Roger Howarth). Howarth has been put under contract on GH and should be returning soon.

Hope she knows something about New York law and courtrooms.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

April 9, 2012 at 5:55 am
(1) Keith says:

So how do you GH fans like what Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini are doing to your soap? IMO they destroyed OLTL by reusing the same plots over and over like lost twins, baby snatching nurses, D.I.D., car crashes, people thought dead returning. Sounds familiar? IMO They are plagiarizing OLTL. They don’t phone it in, they just cut and paste and copy old OLTL scripts. Want to know what’s going to happen, watch old OLTL episodes. They have no respect for the rich history of either show. In 10 years on OLTL, John McPAIN (that’s what Llanviewers call him) never mentioned Sonny, Carly, Sam, or no one on GH, now he knows all of them and Sonny suddenly killed Kate. GH is a mcPAIN to watch. ;-)

April 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm
(2) debbiew says:

Sonny didn’t kill Kate – Caitlin was John’s fiancee – he said that Sonny killed his sister, who he didn’t name…

April 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm
(3) ron says:

Just like I predicted, they are turning this show into a boring new “one Life to live.” The producer of As the World Turns did damage to that show by bringing on characters from Another World. They are pushing the gh characters to the back and replacing them with one life to live stars. I will continue to fast forward through this show. I had such high hopes with the new producer and writer but they have failed.

April 9, 2012 at 1:49 pm
(4) Annette says:

Oh I agree that the OLTL writers are writing what they know. If there were more twists and less transparency it would be better viewing overall but I’m willing to hope they will find a middle ground of what works between PC and Llandview. At least we’ve had some great characters return!

John McBain doesn’t know the folks from Port Charles from his time in Llandview. Oh no. His association goes much further back. To another life. To another time. It’s sometimes hard to sink your teeth into a storyline like that but take a stab at it!

^..^

April 9, 2012 at 1:53 pm
(5) debbiew says:

John didn’t say Sonny killed Kate – he said Sonny killed his sister. Caitlin was his fiancee who was known to have been killed before he came on to OLTL. Not the same person…

April 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm
(6) Annette says:

Hi Ron,
I know. We FF through anything with Star.
It is frustrating when you think you could write a better show.
I mean, I’m not necessarily ‘qualified’ but I know I’m creative and the story lines my DH and I come up with entertain us more sometimes than what we see on TV.

Be that as it may, we love GH and it’s something we’ve ‘done’ together since we married almost 20 yrs ago (I guess it was part of the deal for him to watch my show with me, haha) and when it is gone we will miss our GH time together even though we’ll surely find something else to do, or watch, or create.

One of the girls on here.. Deb I think, suggested perhaps Sam was McBain’s long lost sister. I thought that was an intriguing idea and way better than her just falling all over a man she barely knows (except from another lifetime!)

If I just met a man, and he actually SAID that to me I would say, “you know I’m married, right” and “are you high?” Probably exactly that way.
I guess they want to run the joke into the ground. ha.

April 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm
(7) Mike says:

wanna watch GH not OLTL. So many things they can do with GH, they just tease abit to get your attention , then give you more OLTL> Brought bsck Scorpio for a week, can’t find a story for him and Luke? Tired to death of Sonny and how he does everything in the name of his kids. Also tired of JaSam. She is so annoying, always has something going on she can’t ever tell Jason. Get back to the roots, more of the suspense type thing with Luke and Robert and Anna.

April 9, 2012 at 3:07 pm
(8) debbiew says:

clarification – Hi Annette – I didn’t suggest Sam was Mcbain’s sister – I said that he told Sam that Sonny killed his sister. someone else said they thought he said that sonny had killed Kate – (Caitlin), who was his fiancee…
although the sister thing would be kind of cool!

April 9, 2012 at 6:28 pm
(9) Ina says:

I do not like OLTL actors coming on G.H. IT’S GENERAL HOSPITAL not
OLTL. I fast forward what I don’t like. Been waching G.H. for years
and like only our actors. Bring back more of the old ones.
Tired of seeing to much mob storyline too. Enough is enough…………….
Want Jason and Sam to be happy and enough of the Franco thing.
NO TWINS HERE, DIDN’T HAPPEN! Remember when Jason born, ony one
baby!

April 10, 2012 at 1:25 pm
(10) JOAN says:

Finally, it seems that the writers are doing something right! Knowing that Robin is still alive, is the best thing ever! I hope that she’ s found soon so that Patrick and Emma an be a family again. There has been too many deaths on GH already so it was a pleasant surprise to see Robin alive. I look forward to watching GH now.

April 10, 2012 at 1:36 pm
(11) debi says:

I say HIP HIP HOORAY!! LOVE Tea!
With the return of Heather, Felicia, Anna & possibly Frisco the add’l Tea & Todd are welcome.
The writing is fine and I find all this exciting.

Except for Mc Nostrils who has been on every day for 2 weeks and Starr. BOR ING!

April 11, 2012 at 4:33 pm
(12) Patrick says:

Best news I’ve heard about the transfer of characters to GH! Florenzia is by far the greatest, most underestimated actress in the soaps!

April 11, 2012 at 7:57 pm
(13) Becki says:

Well, it’s all over the ‘net… GH is not being cancelled for the foreseeable future. Can’t wait to read what Maria has to say about this. I’m thrilled, I’m thrilled.

I am very much enjoying GH these days, and although I don’t get all the “historical” references, I appreciate the ones I do understand, and am glad that the new crew is making the effort to blend the old with the new. Job well done, I say

April 11, 2012 at 8:32 pm
(14) generalhospital says:

Becki – of all days to do my taxes! It’s great news.

For the GH history, if it helps, click on the Show History tab on the home page – you can probably put it together from there.

April 12, 2012 at 12:17 am
(15) krista moore says:

It’s nice to see actors from otherps still employed. Whether there cross over or not at least there keeping the story line alive. I can see why some are pissed cause there not oltl fans. It could be worse and bring back all my children too. Then everything would be all over the place.

April 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm
(16) deb says:

OLTL had some amazing talent on their show. I welcome them to GH. Let’s hope Ron & Frank don’t disapoint with the writing!!

Though I do wonder WTF with Starr being on GH?

April 13, 2012 at 1:35 pm
(17) Ruby says:

Great news that GH is not going. For how long has it been renewed ?? Loving Debi’s McNostrils comments. Gives me a good hearty laugh.

No Tea Delgado – please !!!!!!!! My least favourite OLTL character.

April 13, 2012 at 2:36 pm
(18) generalhospital says:

GH has been renewed for one year. In the meantime, ABC will be looking for a replacement, possibly this GMA in the Afternoon if the ratings are decent.

They will let GH have its 50th anniversary and then probably drop it. If that’s the case, we should know perhaps in January or earlier, as the writers will need time to wrap up the stories.

April 13, 2012 at 10:20 pm
(19) Mary says:

I’m a gh fan but I do like the character Todd. He is smoking hot LOL. Also like Blair and tea. Could u imagine Blair and Carly? Or tea and Alexis? And Todd and Sonny? I kinda want Blair to stay. We have to b nice to Starr a little more…come on she just lost her 3 year old baby girl. Todd and Blair r cute together though….I want Blair to stay now lol

April 16, 2012 at 3:10 pm
(20) deb says:

Thanks Ruby…those nostrils of McNostrils!!!!!! Geeze Marie…..still glad I can make you smile. lol

April 16, 2012 at 7:18 pm
(21) Lee says:

I like that the new writers are not dragging Sonnu’s trial on for weeks!

also like the Kate DID STORY. i JUST HOPE THAT TEA hooks up with SONNY (MYF AVORITE GUY) while Kate is in Ferncliff at least!! IMO McBain is on too much and Sonny not enough! I don’t care for Starr on Gh although I liked her mon OLTL. I don’t want Todd to come and take over the show. They have to remember that the show they are on now is GENERAL HOSPITAL and the GH characters come FIRST.

April 16, 2012 at 9:28 pm
(22) CS says:

If OLTO was so great why did it get cancelled? If the actors/actoresses were so great, why did the show fail? I absolutely hate the way McBain and Star are taking over the show. I didn’t like OLTL and I don’t like any of their characters intruding on GH, especially whinny Star! Send them packing, GH writers, you are killling the show.

April 17, 2012 at 2:20 pm
(23) Kathy says:

Not at all happy with the cast of OLTL infiltrating GH! Can’t stand Todd, Blair, & especially Starr- focus on the characters we know & love that have kept us fans for all these years, how about some positive story lines for a change???

April 18, 2012 at 5:39 pm
(24) generalhospital says:

The idea of bringing in the OLTL characters was to give GH a boost in the ratings. Unfortunately it hasn’t happened. I’ll be honest and say I have no idea what Starr is doing there. The show put Todd on contract so where is he? Right now they’re all getting a lot of attention so that they can be set up with the GH viewers. But I think this is another experiment that failed ratings-wise.

April 17, 2012 at 10:41 pm
(25) tomy says:

I was going to comment but after seeing cs and kathys, I couldn’t have said ot any better….I agree totally!!!!!!

April 18, 2012 at 9:02 pm
(26) H.F.Washington says:

What is the matter with you people? GH was a sinking ship, it got a stay. I’ve been watching GH since day one and I’m enjoying the writing. When ever a new producer or writer come on board,they come with their own idea of what they want on the show.There are “FOUR” soaps on the TV now, “PEOPLE” Stop complaining so loud. Or there will be “NONE”. I’m glad they’re given the ex ” ABC” player a job and that we know the character.GH was so”BORING” with Sonny and Jason and the “MOB” and never being call out for their rightous attitudes and everyone loving Sonny because he’s a “GOOD” father. He’s a CROOK.
One more thing: “I LOVE McBAM”. Sorry Jason,I love you too,but Was a Caleb & Livvie fan.

April 26, 2012 at 2:40 pm
(27) tee says:

IMO, Starr is supposed to be for Michael. That’s no good. Let Michael meet someone at college. If Starr is going to b a staple on GH, keep her single, her head down and volunteer at the hospital. If McBain stays, will his wife and baby he has already called on air the and mentioned, be making the move?