1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Quartermaines and Soapnet

By November 15, 2012

Beginning on November 22 at 7 p.m., SOAPnet will begin airing Quartermaine Thanksgiving episodes featuring some of our favorite characters:

7 PM - Episode from November 23, 1995 - Sigmund the duck has gone missing -- is he someone's Thanksgiving dinner? Lucy doesn't know, but she's terrified. The Qs have pizza.

8PM - Episode from November 27, 1997 - Thanks to Jason, the pizza deliveryman doesn't rob the Quartermaines.

9PM - Episode from November 22, 2001 - Food fight at the Qs.

10PM - Episode from November 25, 2009 - The Quartermaine family "welcomes" Luke Spencer and family for the holiday.

11PM - Episode from November 23, 2011 - Sam and Jason spend a tense Thanksgiving with the Quartermaines.

Comments

November 15, 2012 at 2:11 pm
(1) Annette says:

I saw the promo for that this morning. Thanks for the details!! I personally cannot wait for Quartermaine-ia!!!

YAY!

November 16, 2012 at 8:07 am
(2) Becki says:

Maria, I’d just like to thank you for taking the time to post as faithfully as you do, and hosting a place where I can come to chat, discuss, and sometime debate (respectfully) with others who are just as passionate about this show as I am. It’s a fun place to be, and there are some really cool people here.

November 16, 2012 at 3:46 pm
(3) generalhospital says:

Thanks, Becki, there are so many of us who love GH and want to see it continue to succeed.

And thanks to Juan, you, Annette, Reta, Natalie and so many others who post regularly. Your posts are great. Loved the “Mission: Impossible” mask comment of Juan’s – I loved that show, and I always went right along with the drama!

November 16, 2012 at 6:02 pm
(4) Becki says:

Well I’m sad that I won’t be able to see any of the historical Thanksgiving epis (not beingin the US), but I’m very excited for Monday. I love that we’re getting the serious cliffhanger episodes on Friday again. Today’s was no exception. I was afraid that Elizabeth wasn’t going to make her reveal until next week, but I’m glad they gave it to us today.

My heart is breaking for Spixie. I want them back together, but I actually like Ellie and I like the man the Spinelli is becoming. I should not like for him to end things with Ellie right now. I want to say that Maxie made her bed and has to lie in it, but if Spinelli truly wants to be with Maxie, it would be most unkind of him to stay with Ellie. It’s a dilemma I really wish they hadn’t put on these characters.

I read somewhere (was it one of Annette or Maria’s posts???) that Brit might be working for Faison. Anyone wanna do a “how does this play out?” with me? I’m trying to figure out motivation and result, if this were a possibility. I just don’t see it… Seems more likely that Brit has a tie to Lisa Niles. I’m going to mull it over, see what fantasy I can concoct.

November 17, 2012 at 4:29 pm
(5) Annette says:

Thank you dear Maria, for giving us a positive environment to discuss our favorite show!!

Beki,

My hubby and I are of two thoughts concerning Maxie and Spinelli.
He thinks that Maxie made her choice against Spinelli a long time ago and that she waited too long to change her mind. He says “too bad, so sad, you’re too late’.

I want Spinelli and Maxie back together and have a hard time swallowing that he would just jump into another relationship so fast.
I don’t mind Elli, but she doesn’t come off as ‘authentic’ unlike Spinelli does with his quirkiness. It feels fake to me. However, I will say that Spinelli is ‘more of a man’ with Elli. It could simply be that ‘she lets him be a man’ whereas Maxie needs to be in control so he always took a back seat and felt inferior. In that, I like the growth of Spinelli.

The cliffhangers ARE GREAT. I know Robert will save the day. I can’t believe Anna is being so blind. That annoys me as she is one of my favorites and such a strong woman character presenting a positive roll model (unlike most of PC’s women…). Sigh.

As far as Britt.. that was someone else that suggested she worked for Faison. I don’t remember who.
I don’t think she has ties to anyone… just a similar stalker story aka Lisa Niles.

But then, Sabrina.. ugh, where do I begin. Her weird fantasies about Patrick also make me uncomfortable , on the other hand I love the chemistry with Sabrina and Elizabeth.

Sabrina said she was Juan’s cousin. I thought that was a great reference to the past. But.. I thought Juan died?
So happy for GH’s success. The campiness never bothered me (I loved Casey the Alien) but the Duke mask creeps me out to no end. Every time Anna kisses him I scream EWW. She’s lucky she doesn’t have a latex allergy!

November 19, 2012 at 11:35 pm
(6) antoinette says:

I REALLY BEEN WAITING FOR MAXIE AN SPINELLI TO GET BACK TOGETHER HOPE THEY WILL MAYBE SPINELLI SHOULD TELL HER WHATS UP ABOUT MAXIE .

November 20, 2012 at 10:13 am
(7) Carolyn H says:

Maria, I want to join in with another who commented thanking you for your faithful weekly column. Your efforts are informative, much appreciated and I look forward to them each week.
On another subject, I was lamenting that in the Philadelphia area, Comcast dropped Soapnet and I wouldn’t be able to watch the Quartermaine Thanksgiving episodes. Then my wonderful husband came to the rescue and found these episodes on You Tube. So, for those of you out there who, like me, don’t have access to Soapnet, try You Tube. These vintage episodes will be quite nostalgic. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

November 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm
(8) generalhospital says:

Thanks, Carolyn, and thanks for helping out those viewers who will miss the Q Thanksgiving episodes.

November 20, 2012 at 7:30 pm
(9) Carolyn H says:

Maria, I found out when watching the Q’s Thanksgivings on You Tube that they are not full episodes, just portions featuring the Q’s holiday gatherings and usual bickering.. However, they give the flavor of the episodes and the characters who were on the shows during those times all make an appearance. You Tube has a wealth of GH clips, including one from 1998 when Steve Burton won an Emmy. While not complete episodes, they provide a very adequate substitute.

November 21, 2012 at 12:51 pm
(10) Reta says:

MARIA, I share with the others in how much I appreciate this outlet and YOUR faithfulness in keeping our GH family abreast, engaged and entertained each week. Bless you!

BECKI: Girl, you on to something! Brit the “twit” is up to something and whatever it is she does not have Patrick’s best interest at heart.

ANNETTE: Love your point of view on Maxie and Spinelli. Either Maxie needs to grow up for real this time OR let him move on as should she.

This year will put Thanksgiving at the Quartermaine’s in the history books. The previews already had me tearing up.

ANNA / FAISON /. ROBERT: This is getting a little confusing BUT I think Faison has not changed his stripes since we last saw him years ago, so we are in for a treat of some sort. Definitely see a Robert and Luke adventure in the making.

Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday…………..until next time, be safe and travel safe.