1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Up and Up They Go; Where They'll Stop, Nobody Knows

By November 17, 2012

General Hospital again outdid itself in the ratings, this time for the week November 5-9, picking up 555,000 viewers over last year.

These are General Hospital's highest ratings since March 20-1, 2011, the death of Jake Spencer.

Several people have commented that Ron Carvilati's writing style is "camp" but it must be remembered that during GH's golden days, it was at its absolute campiest, with the left-handed boy, the travestite hit man, freezing the earth - I could go on. And we have a few stories grounded in reality, such as Edward's death.

I can only say great news, and congratulations to Frank and Ron for reviving an important brand that never should have hit bottom in the first place.

Comments

November 17, 2012 at 5:49 pm
(1) juan says:

I agree. I will say it again and again this show rocks. we are now seeing all of the characters in a storyline instead of just sonny and carly and jason. thank goodness jason is gone. I knew the viewers from the past would come back if they paid attention to the core characters. monica is again on top and her and tracy are at it again. a.j. rocks, i like him much better than jason. at least a.j. has compassion and i preferred jason before the accident. if they would have made jason return to his former self then the ratings would have gone up before now. these guys have reinvented this show. keep up the great work.

November 19, 2012 at 7:47 pm
(2) Kallie says:

I totally agree with Juan. I am loving GH! So happy to see the OLTL characters integrated into GH and love seeing all the old returning GH characters. It is no longer the Sonny, Jason, Carly, Sam show. That was so boring! Now we actually have storylines about ALL the characters. Keep up the good work!!

November 19, 2012 at 8:44 pm
(3) Lisa says:

So glad to see balance among the characters and the vets! Monica & Tracy, Robert Scorpio and Anna Devane. This is what the fans have wanted for years. Stop the Mob focus and get back to the HOSPITAL.

Guza used to throw on all these newbies nobody cared about. WTF? People also wanted the older characters to have love lives. Ir was like anybody over 40 never even thought about sex. But Tracy had that fling with Joe Scully and it was fun. Jane is just a treasure, no doubt about it. She and Tony Geary are so funny together.

Even the OLTL characters are interesting, with the exception of McBain. I didn’t like him as JaSam angst. That was such an awful S/L, the baby switch. JaSam just deserved to have scenes like that “bone” we got in September of how the Danny birth should have been.

If they put Robert and Holly back together, I’d be over the moon.

November 20, 2012 at 12:07 am
(4) Annette says:

If they put Sam and AJ together I will barf.

The Maxie/Spinelli conversation today broke my heart. :(

I love seeing the Q’s almost everyday. It makes me sooo happy.

My husband said that Anna missed out on Faison’s anatomically correct ‘Duke Suit’ when she Finally realized he was ‘different’. Duke is lucky Anna doesn’t have a latex allergy. Hope Robert clues her in soon or her spy-die (haha) sense kicks in!

November 20, 2012 at 4:23 pm
(5) generalhospital says:

Annette, I’d like to know how he sees since that mask has eyes too.

Check out my latest recap – I have a great phrase in there just for you – something like “those aborted Kate and Sonny nuptials that happen from time to time.”

November 20, 2012 at 10:29 am
(6) Reta says:

Okay…………Friday cliffhangers have been the best lately! When Robert and Elizabeth realized that was Faison she was sketching it was priceless.

DANTE & LULU: Yes, I agree. Please get on with the storyline. The characters are being snuffed out with the constant baby drama.

BRIT can 4 GET IT! Robin will be back for her man. This will be so interesting.

AJ: I’m sorry but AJ’s character is shaping up nicely. Everyone deserves another chance and this is his. Truth be told we all have a past. Totally agree with Michael maturing and standing by his dad. He was lied to as a child about his dad and now he can make his own decisions. That’s not to negate Carly and Sonny, BUT the truth of the matter is that AJ is his father. I personally see Michael and AJ taking charge of ELQ and keeping the legacy going. Should be interesting.

November 22, 2012 at 3:50 pm
(7) Judy in South Carolina says:

I sure am glad Anna detected “something was different” about Duke/Faison before they hit the sheets or Ron and his staff were going to have to get REALLY creative to figure out how to convince us Anna didn’t detect he was latex from the neck up LOL!

I DON’T think just saying “the lights were out” would have cut it!

And even for those “Heather Haters” out there…………you HAD to be creeped out at the end of Wednesday’s show when she was back in the looney bin chanting over and over. No one does “crazy” better than Robin Mattson!

November 23, 2012 at 8:59 pm
(8) Ruby says:

I love Heather & AJ – nothing like someone who stirs the pot….that mask story device was done years ago on DOOL when Roman was accused of murders & it turned out to be Andre who committed them (wearing a latex mask that looked identical to Roman) Love the oldies coming back <3

November 26, 2012 at 1:54 pm
(9) Reta says:

SONNY: What do you all think? Sean will probably be Sonny’s new hitman. HOWEVER, if he is really a fed that will be difficult because we all know what Sonny’s real job is.

TED KING: With the arrival of Tomas Delgado (as we think) the mob scene it about to ramp up. We have FAISON, SONNY and now TOMAS/LORENZO/LUIS. This is going to be complicated and interesting at best. Then throw in a side of Todd Manning and you have a true soap opera :-D

Just my thoughts………