1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

'GH' Hits Two-Year High in Ratings

By November 26, 2012

Thanks in part to General Hospital, ABC can (and does) boast that for the tenth consecutive week, it's #1 in daytime.

As for General Hospital, it hit #1 in women 18-34 for the week of November 12-16, attaining its highest rating for that demographic category in two years.

For the entire season, GH is number 2 for the 18-49 demographic.

Keep it up, GH!

Comments

November 27, 2012 at 1:46 am
(1) juan says:

the reason is simple the show looks like general hospital again. thanks to jason leaving and sonny and carly being placed on the back burner the old fans from the 80′s and 90′s are coming back again. also a great thanks to sean kanan coming back as a.j. remember folks monica and tracy were the original stars of the show not jason, sonny and carly.now jill farren phelps is over at the young and the restless messing that show up too as she did general hospital.

November 27, 2012 at 4:02 am
(2) Annette says:

I am happy to see the numbers so high for GH! I love the return of the vets (LUCY!!!) and seeing more of the Quartermaines…but we don’t spend much time at the hospital these days. (Less Brit!)

I *would* like to see Elizabeth occassionally.

I do wish they would have given us Edward’s funeral. My hubby thought we missed an episode, but I had read that they decided to skip the funeral. IMO the patiarch deserved better.

Luckily many of us were able to watch Quartermania on SoapNet and I found that to be a wonderful tribute to Edward and the Quartermaine family, as well as seeing some faces well loved and missed (Lila, Alan, Reginald, Bobbie, Tony, Lucy, Kevin… Sigmund!!!) I think watching these episodes will be a new holiday tradition. If only I could transfer them off of the DVR!

November 27, 2012 at 12:36 pm
(3) Marian says:

Yes, the Tribute for Edward was wonderful.
All of the Family should now remain. I have been saying this for Years.
All we need too is Jax, he is one of the best. Scorpio should stay and Mac should have a bigger role.
Well done, I am watching regularly again.
I stopped watching for over a Year.

December 4, 2012 at 2:13 pm
(4) don pollock says:

you will not stay no. 1, without jason,plse bring him back

December 4, 2012 at 6:15 pm
(5) juan says:

It seems that they went to number one after Jason left. so what does that tell you. also we have the great actors from the past who are now making the show great. jason was soooo over rated

December 4, 2012 at 7:23 pm
(6) generalhospital says:

Juan, I don’t think Jason was overrated, but I think the writers anticipated problems with him leaving and really pulled out all the stops to keep the viewers interested. That’s my take, anyway.

December 4, 2012 at 9:24 pm
(7) juan says:

Well I think when they bought back people like Anna, Monica, Robert and the rest of the past group, the core fans from the past came back. The show was very boring with Jason on it and his storylines were boring. They tried to please him and center such storylines like Franco around him. I think that in order for the show to survive they had to let the character of Jason go and take a hint from the Wendy Riche days with good storylines that featured all of the characters. The whole show was mainly about Sam and Jason before he left. now let’s get real about this. And furthtermore i believe that he left because the new producer refused to continue to make it into the jason show.