1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Such Exciting News!

By December 7, 2012

From the Hollywood Reporter, we have the most wonderful article, and a true Christmas gift for soap fans.

Never let it be said that you can't make a difference. Soap fans have proven that one million times over.

Comments

December 7, 2012 at 4:55 pm
(1) Reta says:

Wow! Thanks for sharing the article Maria. Truly by now the networks have to realize that TRUE soap fans are just that TRUE SOAP FANS. We are in al class all by ourselves. And “yes” we make all the difference but I guess they had to figure that out the hard way.

It would be nice to see the return of AMC and OLTL.

Remaining hopeful………

December 7, 2012 at 6:01 pm
(2) Annette says:

YAAAAAAAY!

December 8, 2012 at 12:56 am
(3) juan says:

All I can say is that I am enjoying watching Anna and Robert again. They are more entertaining than the Jason, Carly and Sonny show. This show is so awesome right now. You gotta love the 80′s. And up next Lucy Coe will be back and she will make Sabrina her assistant. This show just keeps getting better and better. As for All My Children and One Life To Live I don’t really care for those two shows and besides Frank is doing such a wonderful job with General Hospital. I don’t want to see him placed back at One Life To Live. I hope that they just let those two shows stay gone. Sorry for the people who want them back.

December 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm
(4) Susan says:

That would be so fantastic!!!!!!! Brain Frons, where was your head? Burried in the sand. Thanks to us soap fams. There is just too much talk on TV!!!!!! The Chew should be relagated to a food channel. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!

December 10, 2012 at 8:18 pm
(5) Lisa says:

No, Brian Frons’ head was stuck too far up his…you-know-where. He and Guza, along with Phelps, completely destroyed it and turned it into the Mob Hour. Hardly a day went by when Sonny, Jason or Carly wasn’t on. Justifying their wicked ways.

Glad that balance is back and the ’80s stars are coming back. I’d be deliriously happy if Holly came back and hooked up with Robert!

Whatever happened to putting OLTL and AMC online? Why did that fizzle?

December 11, 2012 at 1:27 pm
(6) generalhospital says:

Hi lcunningham, the company that was supposed to put those soaps on line, Prospect Park, couldn’t get the funding. When they tried to get an extension on the rights, ABC said no.

December 11, 2012 at 9:20 am
(7) TLW says:

That article made my day! The things I had been stating for years that would improve GH and bring viewers back are finally being implemented and the ratings ARE back up. GH is such a pleasure and a kick to watch these days. Honestly, it’s become better than anything else on daytime. Certainly better than Katie and The Spew. At one point, you could miss your soap for two months and pick up right where you had left off—that’s how slowly many of the storylines dragged out. Now, if you don’t watch every day, you are definitely going to miss something major. You can even see the renewed energy in the actors themselves. Everyone is bringing their A-game—the veteran actors are giving everyone Master classes on how to do it right. So happy right now and fingers crossed that the article was correct that someday in the near future, the trend will once again be SOAPS. Start with the return of OLTL!

December 11, 2012 at 1:28 pm
(8) generalhospital says:

Thanks TLW for your assessment. The writers have been criticized for being “high camp” at times, but people forget that the very best of General Hospital was “high camp”!

December 11, 2012 at 3:23 pm
(9) TLW says:

@generalhospital: I was watching some taped (yeah, I never had them transferred to DVD–haha!) GH episodes from back in the Luke and Laura days and you are so right. Much of the writing and even performances could be labeled “camp”, but when done correctly, in the hands of skilled players, it can also be brilliant. Once again, I watch GH , laugh, cry (missing Edward) and yell at the TV for all the RIGHT reasons. I feel GOOD when it’s over instead of depressed, as was happening to me several years ago. “THAT is what soaps are all about, Charlie Brown.” LOL

December 11, 2012 at 5:24 pm
(10) disneydreams says:

I would love to see all my children and one life to live come back. that would be a fantastic gift to us soap fans!!