1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Meredith Viera Returns to 'GH'

By December 12, 2012

height=200

Meredith Viera, former co-host of The View and The Today Show, returns to General Hospital on Friday, December 14 as Bree Flanders.

Bree was last seen ten years ago. She was a - cough, cough - woman of the evening, but she has graduated to Senior Vice President of Marketing of Lucy Coe's company, CoeCoe Cosmetics.

She will have a scene with Sabrina and Felix when they attempt to see Lucy.

Comments

December 12, 2012 at 9:31 pm
(1) juan says:

Are all news anchors just actors who failed to make it in the business. give me a break with these news people who want to be actors.

December 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm
(2) Mel says:

I love Meredith Viera and look forward to watching today’s GH episode. I still miss seeing her daily on the Today show and her wonderful sense of humor. I have to admit I kind of have a girl-crush on her but only because she seems so fun.

December 17, 2012 at 6:24 pm
(3) Mary says:

Meredith Viera is a “class act”. She could do anything she is asked to do or sets her mind to do. I enjoy seeing her in whatever role she chooses. She is a bright woman, compassionate, and has a great sense of humor. Thank you for bringing her to GH.

December 17, 2012 at 7:21 pm
(4) juan says:

she is not an actress. stick to doing news. next katie couric will be acting on shows. we will all be in trouble then.

December 17, 2012 at 10:51 pm
(5) dede says:

What a hoot having Meridith Viera on they should bring in more
abc anchors for bit parts the whole show is a hoot

December 18, 2012 at 12:25 am
(6) juan says:

And what are the actors to do while all these anchors are on? like i said before anchors are failed actors. she was very horrible on the show today. please keep these people on the news and off television shows. anyway i would not take an anchor as a serious news person if they are acting on shows. you would have never seen dan rather, walter cronkite or peter jennings on a televsion show trying to be an actor.

December 18, 2012 at 12:46 am
(7) generalhospital says:

Juan, I think it’s a positive sign that ABC is having other ABC people on the show. It shows they’re promoting it.

Also as the show nears its 50th anniversary, member of the cast will be on the show Meredith hosts, “Who Wants to be a Millionaire.”

December 18, 2012 at 8:59 am
(8) juan says:

I still do not have respect for anchors who appear on television shows. they are not serious in my opinion. and those who appear on television shows are just doing the news until an acting gig comes about. could you imagine them doing a love scene and then going on at night to broadcast the news and hope that people (especially older folks) will take them as serious anchors after doing something silly on a show? the station will lose its credibility. also shows like the bachelor and other reality shows are also filled with wanna be actors waiting for a big break. i would be surprised if someone as serious as diane sawyer would appear on a television show and then sit down to be a serious news anchor especially after what happened at that school. just my opinion.

December 19, 2012 at 9:01 am
(9) Mary says:

It’s only a “bit” part and she “filled the temporary bill” at Coe Coe. What fun. They will not cast her as Patrick’s or Sonny’s new love “squeeze”. Have no fear. Just enjoy the moment, Juan, if you can.

December 19, 2012 at 5:19 pm
(10) juan says:

Sorry Mary. I got a little too emotional. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

December 19, 2012 at 6:30 pm
(11) The Mom says:

Juan, you posted 4 out of the first 9 posts and they were all needlessly negative. Wikipedia describes Meredith as an “American journalist, television personality, and game show host.” So, “news anchor” is just one facet of her very long and diverse career. Personally, I thought it was great that she returned in her bit part as Bree Flanders, an ex-prostitute who worked for Renée Divine-Buchanan back in Renée’s “madame” days in Nevada. It was a nice “shout out” to One Life To Live and I very much appreciate the writers who came onboard from OLTL making reference now and then to their old stomping grounds.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

December 19, 2012 at 11:24 pm
(12) juan says:

yes but there are no acting credits listed on her. she is not an actress. nuff said.