1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

'GH' Ends the Year with Another Car Crash

By January 3, 2013

Nothing new here, except the show is off by one day and I again got the schedule wrong.

We were again treated to another car accident - is there anyone who hasn't been involved in a crash on General Hospital? One would hope for a little more originality.

I for one think that GH has had some terrific Christmas and New Year's episodes over the years. Wasn't feeling it this year.

This accident involved Johnny (in Connie's trunk), Connie, Ellie, Michael, Trey, Kristina, and Starr. Someone doesn't make it.

Bad news for Maxie, and Olivia's vision of the dog now makes sense.

Patrick and Sabrina benefit from Britt being held up at GH.

And Todd and Carly may be moving in another direction.

You can read all about it here.

Comments

January 3, 2013 at 11:12 am
(1) Reta says:

MARIA, I could not have said it better–another car crash–really GH? Not to mention it’s on the same road Starr’s family died on–wow! I will be totally surprised if Ellie is not the one who expires on this one.

On another note, I am missing the ROBIN/DUKE/ANNA/ROBERT goings on…..they need to hurry that along.

January 3, 2013 at 12:44 pm
(2) Jen says:

What the heck ever happened with the Tomas/Alzazar story line?? Last I saw Skye, Blair, Tea, and Carly were arguing over who he really was, and then I never heard anymore about it. Must have missed some episodes lol. And I completely agree! Another car accident, come on!! Ellie will probably die and Spinelli and Maxie will end up back together. LOVE Patrick and Sabrina together! Can’t wait for Lucy to make her over. She is going to be gorgeous :o )

January 3, 2013 at 10:44 pm
(3) Reta says:

Ok today’s episode made me ill. Please, please, please writers do not let Maxie get pregnant by Spinelli and try and pass the kid off as Lulu’s and Dante’s. I can only pray they let up on these baby/child killing stories. I’m begging.

January 4, 2013 at 3:49 pm
(4) Annette says:

At least Carly mentioned Tomas… no one has even mentioned Anna/Duke/Robert or Luke (where is he? Turkey??)
Now with poor Robert written off the canvas it makes me want to cry. He was supposed to rescue Robin. WTH is going on?
The NYP article recognized Anna Devane out of all characters and that storyline ball has been dropped. Ugh.

The only ‘good thing’ to come out of the car crash is that Johnny finally confessed and that story line can move forward. I was so sick and tired of that. Next up is Todd’s big reveal. Carly will flip, of course.

The saddest thing is poor Ellie listing off her injuries and heralding her imminent demise while everyone ignored her. I prefer Maxie and Spinelli but I like Ellie and hate to see her as roadkill. I will give Connie credit – for all of her violent behavior she looked horrified at having run down Ellie.

Spixie. Sigh. I think Maxie was impregnated with two embryos and lost one. She still has one of LANTE’s babies. If she and Spinelli have sex (it looked like it from yesterday’s ep) then she might also conceive his baby. (don’t ask it’s a soap). So.. what I think is that since Dr. Beyatch is too preoccupied with playing patty cake with Patrick and she is a pediatrics doctor and not a fertility specialist OB/GYN she probably has no clue anyway. Maxie will think “oh good, I fixed it, I’m pregnant for Lulu and Dante”… later she will want the baby because she and Spinelli will fall in looove. Then there will be big drama between the two – Maxie and Lulu over parental rights. Of course, the babies will pop out in Apr for the 50th Annv. and there will be paternity tests and Maxie and Lulu will each have a baby.

Or not. :)
That’s just what I thought after I saw Maxie and Spinelli’s kiss.

January 9, 2013 at 3:46 am
(5) generalhospital says:

sounds about right to me re Spinelli and Maxie.

January 7, 2013 at 11:01 am
(6) Reta says:

ANNETTE, you said a mouthful BUT you might just be on to something. That two embryo different daddy storyline was already written for OLTL but it never stopped them from repeating before.

January 7, 2013 at 3:53 pm
(7) Annette says:

RETA: well we do have the same writers now :)
How did the OLTL s/l play out? Sadly I don’t remember it.

January 7, 2013 at 7:46 pm
(8) Lisa C says:

As a fan of this darn show since the early ’80s, I care way more about Robert/Anna/Duke/Faison and Luke than I do Spixie. Or Codd (Todd and Carly).

We have been waiting for two weeks for some news on Robert. I really hope the new team isn’t going to treat the vets as badly as Guza did.

Don’t care that much about Alcazar/Tomas but it would be nice if they’d talk about it just a bit.

Very tired of Connie and Johnny. Please, leave town or go to Pentonville. They are on too much.

January 7, 2013 at 11:15 pm
(9) Becki says:

The most disappointing thing about this crash storyline is that they killed off Trey. I was actually liking him, and I didn’t see the point of it as he was heading off to California. I can only surmise this is to drive another storyline.

I was totally “icked” out by Spixie having sex right after the miscarriage. Isn’t that a complete no-no??? Never mind that surely conditions existed that should have prevented intercourse?

Also, with respect to the dog thing, when Spin showed up at the hospital with the puppy, I thought that was a clue to viewers that the baby was going to be a boy (since the dog was named Rocco).

January 9, 2013 at 3:42 am
(10) generalhospital says:

I thought that one of the names Dante and Lulu considered for a baby boy was Rocco, and I thought that was the connection to the dog.

January 9, 2013 at 3:45 am
(11) generalhospital says:

You can have sex after a miscarriage as soon as you stop bleeding. Since Maxie didn’t know she was having a miscarriage, I’m not sure how much she bled. Also, she couldn’t have been very far along. It seemed like she had the in vitro one day and the next day she was pregnant.

January 8, 2013 at 11:16 am
(12) Reta says:

ANNETTE: I vaguely remember how it ended. Found this on the web.

Clint proposed to Viki, they found out that Jessica is really Clint’s daughter, not Mitch’s. Brody visited Jessica to say he was sorry that Ford had died and that he would be there if she ever needed him. Starr and Hope arrived in LA and moved in with Langston and Marco. Todd arranged for Cole to meet her there. Tomas waited with Tea while John went to arrest Todd. Destiny had a baby boy that Matthew wanted to name Drew, after his brother who was killed years ago. After Todd and Blair made love, John broke in to the bedroom and announced that he was under arrest for the murder of Victor, however, the next and last scene showed Allison saying that nothing is what it seems, and then they show Victor tied up and gagged on the bed!

I think the soaps will end up back on primetime TV because promoters see that soapfans are not settling for anything else.

January 8, 2013 at 12:09 pm
(13) Marian says:

I do not want Scorpio to die, always loved him in the show with Anna, Sean etc.,
Spinelli and Ellie should be, and stay together.
Dr. Drake, should smarten up about another manipulating Doctor
Maxi needs to get involved in a Job, and stop messing with Spinelli.
Bring back Jax too, he was the best. He can help track down his Maniac Brother too.

January 8, 2013 at 3:26 pm
(14) GHer15 says:

i missed a few day,s and have no idea what happend to Anna,Robin and robert where are they???? could someone please fill me in.

January 8, 2013 at 7:00 pm
(15) Annette says:

The last time we saw Anna/Robert/Duke/Faison was in Switzerland.

Robert and McBain had outed Fai/Duke, Anna rescued the real Duke, and Robert discovered the evil nurse holding Robin just as she was going to inject Robin with Proponal. They struggled, Robert was injected, the nurse took Robin, and Anna and the real Duke later found an unconscious Robert who struggled to but never told Anna that Robin was alive. Anna persuaded a doctor to give Robert treatment but his prognosis was grim. (Tristan Rogers has now been let go). We finally saw that Jerry Jax was the mastermind behind it all…

and…

nothing.

Just about the most excitement we’ve had in ages and we’ve been left dangling a wee bit too long (and a big reason so many were watching I’m sure…)

Luke is in a Turkish prison (reputedly awful, and when I lived in Turkey 25 years ago the prisons struck horror in Americans and Turkish nationals alike… so it is possible to stay there an eternity).

I have not seen today’s episode and hold out hope that someone would even mention their MIA police commissioner now that Johnny/Todd have their secrets revealed.

January 9, 2013 at 2:51 pm
(16) Annette says:

Maria,
I believe you are right, Rocco was one of the baby names Luku and Dante considered.

I always thought the puppy would end up being real because they would adopt/rescue him and learn some practical ‘parenting’ skills as none of those three seem to have a goldfish or houseplant between them.

January 10, 2013 at 12:38 am
(17) becki says:

Maria and Annette, exactly right. Lulu and Dante were talking about naming their son Rocco. When Spin showed up with the puppy at the hospital, and said his name was Rocco, I thought the writers were giving us the key to interpreting Olivia’s bizarre visions (since none of her other visions were blatantly clear)…

Olivia sees the baby as a dog -> the dog’s name is Rocco -> Lante want to name their son Rocco -> Oh wow, Maxie’s carrying a baby boy for Lante. (that’s just how my brain works)