1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

AMC and OLTL Returning

By January 7, 2013

Prospect Park has pulled it together and All My Children/One Life To Live creator Agnes Nixon has confirmed that both AMC and OLTL are being produced for the Internet by Prospect Park.

In a press release, Nixon thanked the fans and compared Internet production "a historic moment, comparable to how life was changed when television took over from radio."

No word on how this will affect OLTL stars now appearing on General Hospital -- Roger Howarth, Kristen Alderson, and Michael Easton.

However, since they have been put on contract by GH, and ABC is not producing OLTL, I would think their contracts would be binding. If the shows were to be produced by ABC, that might be a different matter.

Anyway, fans should be thrilled, and we look forward to seeing the shows online!

Comments

January 7, 2013 at 8:24 am
(1) Jenner says:

I only watch GH, with flirtations with AMC and OLTL a looong time ago (Sarah Michelle Gellar long ago), so if Kristen left, I wouldn’t be heartbroken, Starr kind of annoys me. While I like the McBain character, he hasn’t been around much lately, so I’m not sure if I would really miss him.

Now, Todd, I would really miss; he cracks me up.

January 7, 2013 at 10:58 am
(2) Reta says:

I AM SO STOKED RIGHT NOW! MARIA, you totally made me day, month, and year…………..woohoo!

We tried to tell them producers but they did not listen. Ain’t nothing like TRUE soap fans! Kudos to all of us for getting them to recognize it.

Glad we are all on the same team ;-D

January 8, 2013 at 7:27 am
(3) Linda says:

I had no desire to watch OLTL on line.
Now I just read Clint (Jerry) signed a contract!! Him and Vicki I do miss those 2.
That is all though……….

January 8, 2013 at 7:02 pm
(4) Linda says:

Folks…Genie Francis just signed with GH!

January 10, 2013 at 6:29 pm
(5) mp says:

I will be estatic and happy i be watching OLTL for 3 1/2 years and watching on you tube for the classic episodes from the past and i miss the cast i hope they find Victor Lord Jr from Allison Perkins so Todd Manning will be clear all charges and finish that investigation. So Todd Manning will be reuniting his daughter Starr and he is not responible for baby switching on GH i hear what he say to Carly in his cell is Heather Webber’s idea not Todd and seeing John reuniting with Natalie and his son Liam and it was Sam put the baby outside by the door i remember that part

January 14, 2013 at 11:28 am
(6) Reta says:

All I have to say is that Sam got her baby back, Tea’ knows that was not her baby, SO let’s move on. If OLTL is truly coming back the writers will be able to breathe life back into the cast members. Namely hitching John and Natalie back up AND unleashing Victor Lord, Jr. from Allison. That would make twice a women has kidnapped him. That’s how Sam was conceived. I miss that kid interacting with Roger Howarth. I am curious how much they will age all the teens and tweens.

January 14, 2013 at 6:36 pm
(7) Linda says:

I worry about what it’s going to cost. If I pay and I don’t like it I’d be throwing my money away.

January 14, 2013 at 6:50 pm
(8) MAREHOOP says:

I am very excited…

January 14, 2013 at 7:19 pm
(9) Marvan says:

Linda, agree with you. I already pay for programming on television, why would I pay to watch the computer??
I am so disgusted with the replacements for AMC and OLTL. I like GH and hope it survives but won’t be watching my computer!
As for the current storylines on GH, I’ll be glad when most are wrapped up. Maxie and the baby story could be quite interesting if written correctly.
Laura Wright (Carly) does look gorgeous! And Todd is one of the most interesting characters. If you don’t like his ears, then focus on the smile and wit!
And lastly, I hope Kristina, Britt and Starr find a different soap to work on. I suffer through Olivia and Steve but assume they will soon be leaving. I don’t like AJ either, don’t know why he was brought back.
I would like to see Genie come back but to stay for awhile, not just a week or so. And what happened to Bobbie? Would be fun to see Bobbie and Scotty again.

January 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm
(10) ammiey says:

i hope this don’t affect the one life to live on GH!!..i love Todd & John!!..it made GH better then ever..& Laura coming back..i don’t know..it’s been better without her. i liked her back in the day..not now.

January 14, 2013 at 7:36 pm
(11) tammy says:

I hope all my children works because you have a lot of people that doesnt have internet. and some of those people are old people. that has been watching all my children for such a long time. i hope susan lucci does come back if she doesnt the show will not be worth any thing

January 14, 2013 at 8:17 pm
(12) Marty says:

It really upsets me to hear that Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) from GH has signed with another soap (CBS)! This is very upsetting because I have faithfully watched all of the ABC soaps since the very beginning! I worked everyday and when I came home in the afternoon as I would prepare dinner for my family I would watch the soap from that day because I had always recorded them………..I’m not a drinker so this was my fix for the day and now that 2 of my best soaps are gone (AMC & OLTL) it breaks my heart to know that another main character has left GH to move to Tennessee to be with his family more and I just found out today that he signed on with CBS! Steve Burton was one of the best characters on GH and he and Sam were finally getting it together! Just makes me very angry to know he dumped GH for another soap with a bogges excuse for leaving!:(

January 14, 2013 at 11:33 pm
(13) mae says:

make up your mind you messed with the fans where money was the issue now you want to back peddle forget it

January 15, 2013 at 12:12 am
(14) Jean says:

Just putting this out there:
I do like Todd and Im glad he’s on GH…I find him humorous. I like McBain too…Lucy’s ok, and Im glad they’re bringing Kevin Collins back, but dont care for seeing Genie Francis again. And I hope they DONT bring Scotty back. I really didnt like him…I wish they’d get the old Kristina back. Loved her but dont like this one…Never liked her little sister either. She’s annoying! Sad that Jason left. I really liked him, but dont like Sonny! Kate/Connie is very good…I dont mind Starr. Surprised people dont like her more.

January 15, 2013 at 1:03 am
(15) Country Girl says:

I say that if money was the issue what makes them
think it isn’t an issue with the viewers now.
Been too long to pick up now for me.
Where do they begin where it ended with cause how’
many remember that. It was a pity that the SOAP channel
didn’t pick them up after all it is the “SOAP CHANNEL”..
I have boycotted that channel and the same networks that
dropped the shows and I won;t have a problem now. I am
enjoying B and B and Y & R and that’s good enough for me.

January 15, 2013 at 9:27 am
(16) Geor says:

I only watched the three soaps on ABC. Now that Steve Burton is gone, it just may be none. GH story lines takes forever and by the time it concludes – well, just get it done. MAYBE, someday GH will wize up and replace JASON with another actor. If they bring the dead back, who said they won’t. Have a nice day!

January 15, 2013 at 4:30 pm
(17) disneydreams says:

I hope that Roger Howarth, Kristen Alderson, and Micheal Easton stay on General Hospital. i liked them all on OLTL and love them on General Hospital. I like Carly and Todd together. and am enjoying Starr and Michael and am liking that they are slowly getting Sam and McBain together. McBain was ok with Natalie on OLTL but I like Sam and him together better.

as for Steve Burton leaving i think that they need to get a new Jason. I am glad that Steve has decided to go back to acting though and that being said I watch Y&R and look forward to seeing him there. What ever the reason he choose to leave. I watch all of them and will watch AMC and OLTL to and am glad there coming back even if it is on the internet.

February 5, 2013 at 12:46 am
(18) DIO says:

FINALLE my beloved soap has a chance for a new life on line but I will only watch if John “Micheal Easton” <cBain is jJohn & gets back with Natalie & Liam, I was robbed of their happy ending just like I was robbed of Sam & Jason's happy ending and I just refuse to acceot anymore bullsh8it from these networks.
As for the ABC network they ruin everythuing that they touch & need to be off the air!

February 24, 2013 at 9:46 pm
(19) Susie says:

I am so so happy that OLTL and AMC are returning to the air. I am speaking for all of my relatives and friends who are not on-line, or on any of the social networks. Thank you ABC for admitting that it was a huge mistake to take off the Soaps and replace them with cooking shows and talk shows. My goodness, how many cooking shows, and talk shows do we need? The Soap Opera’s are unique and so many people enjoy watching. Thank you, one millions times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 24, 2013 at 10:57 pm
(20) Susie says:

I hope that OLTL n AMC will be back on ABC, although I am so angry with them for taking them off the air. I feel the same way that I was robbbed of the happy ending with John n Natalie, also Jason n Sam. It is difficult to see Jason on Y&R, but I just need to see him on the Soaps. I like Star with Michael, but I do bot like Carly with Tod, or Sam with John. I just want things to be the way they were. I know it sounds corney, but why fix what isn’t broken. Soap Opera’s are the unique, it’s about time that ABC admitts to their awful mistake.

February 19, 2014 at 3:31 pm
(21) glenda burkett says:

I sure miss amc and oltl and wish abc would put them back on it was a big mistake taking them off I hate the cooking show and talk shows it was a joy to watch my soap shows