1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Look for Shades of 'Port Charles' on 'GH'

By January 9, 2013

Ron Carlivati is looking to do another camp story line on General Hospital -- this time, with echoes of Port Charles.

Given that the PC vampire actors are on GH at the same time, GH may enter into True Blood territory with a vampire reunion of Caleb (Michael Easton), Livvie (Kelly Monaco) Jacob (Ian Buchanan), and Lucy (Lynn Herring).

The story arc will go into the question of why Sam and John believe they met before and launch a mystery story and bring Lucy's sanity into question.

As long as we don't bring the writers' sanity into question, all will be well.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

January 9, 2013 at 10:13 pm
(1) juan says:

For the love of pete please skip doing a storyline like this. it will ruin the show and i will boycott the show until this storyline is over with. i also skipped the virus storyline. enough already. they are going to ruin the show once again.

January 10, 2013 at 12:30 am
(2) Becki says:

I think I’m with Juan in the “skip it” department. That being said, did you ever do a summary of that storyline, Maria? I might as well try to make an informed opinion :)

January 10, 2013 at 7:13 am
(3) generalhospital says:

Becki, are you referring to the vampire storyline on Port Charles? No, but if that’s what you mean, it might be a good idea to write something about it.

I wouldn’t discount this storyline – I don’t know what Ron Carlivati has in mind, but it might be interesting. I’m not sure anyone is saying these characters on GH are actually vampires. Remember again that GH has done lots of nutty things over the years and been successful.

January 10, 2013 at 11:19 am
(4) Reta says:

Not for nothing BUT the vampire storyline will just be a bit too much. The writers really need to think that one through if they want to use it because that is so far from the truth its almost ridiculous.

Just my opinion……….

January 10, 2013 at 2:40 pm
(5) Annette says:

I am looking forward to it. I loved Port Charles.
As Lynn Herring said, if they ignored the past the writers would be lambasted for doing so. Instead of ignoring it they are confronting the past head on and in what sounds to be a fun way.
I’ll take it.
Much better than killing babies and some of the other plot lines we have endured over the years.
Plus… vampires!
^vv^

January 14, 2013 at 11:46 pm
(6) Shannon says:

There is a reason Port Charles didn’t make it very long! The vampire thing in my opinion has been way overdone! It will be the end of GH. It doesn’t even make sense to do this on this show! I have been watching for 30yrs. I will be very disappointed in the writers if they do this!

January 15, 2013 at 12:15 am
(7) Jean says:

Port Charles was a good show before they did the vampire thing…Then it just got silly.
If they do go back to a bit of that on GH, I hope they bring back that young (at the time) blond girl…Really liked her.

January 15, 2013 at 6:45 pm
(8) Denise F says:

I quit watching Port Charles when they were doing the vampire story. It just was too ridiculous. I hate to say it but after watching today’s show (Tuesday Jan. 15) I’m not sure how much longer I will be watching GH. I have watched GH since the 1960s through the good and the bad, but vampires are my “straw that broke the camels back”!!!

January 16, 2013 at 5:30 am
(9) generalhospital says:

Denise, stick with it – this isn’t going to be a story per se, but rather a “nod.” And whether or not you like vampires, and I don’t, Port Charles was way ahead of its time in that department. Now they’re the in thing. So don’t focus on it too much.

January 16, 2013 at 3:37 pm
(10) Reta says:

Two Things:

1. When Tracy fed Lucy duck I thought I would never stop laughing.

2. Lucy stabbs Caleb/John………whoa! Not sure how they validate that plot, nor come back from it, or let it go.

Only time will tell.

January 16, 2013 at 5:10 pm
(11) Judy in South Carolina says:

Hmmmmm…………..even though I didn’t watch Port Charles I am familiar with the Caleb/Livvie storyline and the ONLY thing I can think that the writers might have in the back of their minds in bringing this to the GH canvas would the popularity of the “Twilight” series of films and other vampire related movies and television shows.

I am not sure I would be particularly fond of such story telling but with all of the storylines currently taking place there isn’t any way vampires could be on every day, 5 days a week so on the days that those characters DID air, it might bring in new viewers. Just a thought.

I just would hate to see GH get “campy” and “silly” when it is SO good right now the way it is being written.

January 17, 2013 at 6:23 pm
(12) generalhospital says:

Hi Judy, as I’ve pointed out many times, GH’s most popular time was when it was at its absolute campiest. However, that’s not what they’re doing. I am in the process of doing a blog on this. The vampire thing will not be a story in itself, so far as I know. It’s an hommage and moves some other plotlines forward.

January 17, 2013 at 6:52 pm
(13) Leigh says:

It seems to me that the entire GH story for the past 40 years will have to be trashed in order to go this new way..Where will Sony fit in ??will he go from mob boss the king of the dead?

February 1, 2013 at 9:38 pm
(14) shelly says:

This show will not last long the writes not taking consideration that they have older views watching this show. Why in the world would vampires be walking aeoubd in this day and time, this isn’t twlight. This story is already over the top put to keep putting in oltl people the rating will definitely drop. Bad enough we have to watch the bad acting kate/connie omg and now vampiers in 2013 really !!!!!!!!!!!! Pl ease get this together!!!!!! I can see cook shows taking over for all the stories