1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

The OLTL Imports: What Will Happen?

By January 24, 2013

The answer is, it's anybody's guess.

ABC and Prospect Park are still working on the situation, the genesis of which was some time ago.

Prospect Park was asked if ABC could license the characters of Todd, Starr, and John, and the company said yes because at that time, no one knew if they were going to be able to go forward.

Now Prospect Park is going forward, and the characters belong to them. We hope it's only temporary and that all three will be back in Port Charles soon.

Comments

January 28, 2013 at 8:14 pm
(1) Carolyn says:

Americans should always have Soaps

January 29, 2013 at 3:46 am
(2) Tammy says:

I hope they stay on GH ..they’ve renewed my interest in this show.I love these three characters and their storylines.

January 29, 2013 at 8:30 am
(3) Mona says:

Looks like their choice to remove the soaps is backfiring on them and the replacements aren’t bringing in the revenue like they thought it would. I hope that they at least keep Todd….he’s always a hoot and a half.

January 29, 2013 at 8:42 am
(4) DIO says:

NEVER!!!! John needs to go back to OLTL & be with Natalie & Ian, Starr needs to be back in her real world, a world where Cole & little Hope are alive! GH s-cked big time for killing them off! And Todd has too much storyline on OLTL, he needs to go home!

January 29, 2013 at 2:10 pm
(5) Joanne says:

Oh come on comment 4 get real, OLTL is OFF THE AIR PERMANENTLY!! Todd Manning makes GH!! ABC, why would Prospect Park even care that these actors are using the names they used on OLTL when that show was cancelled, if you bought the license from them and they said yes, what’s the problem, I for one viewer would like to see these actors on a daily basis on GH!!

February 2, 2013 at 12:20 pm
(6) TLW says:

The perfect resolution would be for the 3 OLTL characters on GH to remain on GH, while being allowed to make the occasional crossover to OLTL 2.0. (Just as GH has been doing with Tea and Blair!) Of course, where business and MONEY are concerned, the perfect answer isn’t usually acceptable to all parties involved. From what I understand, the 3 actors are NOT happy about leaving GH. Correct? And if I was PP, I would want to hire only the actors who are HAPPY to return. It would behoove PP to NOT force the issue right now and leave the doors, windows, attic, etc.–lol—OPEN for these 3 actors if they should happen to change their minds about returning to OLTL at some point down the road. Ticking off potential NEW viewers (read: GH fans) and starting out the new project with actors who are angry at either being forced against their wills to return to the East coast or temporarily forced out of jobs completely because of a no-compete clause is NOT exactly good business sense. PP should think long and hard and tread this issue very carefully (and with as much common sense as they can muster).

February 2, 2013 at 2:49 pm
(7) generalhospital says:

TLW, well, one thing, they can’t force them back. The actors are under contract to ABC and they don’t have to participate in One Life to Live. I like your idea about the occasional crossover very much. I’m wondering if Prospect Park will want more than that.

February 4, 2013 at 10:53 am
(8) TLW says:

@generalhospital: That’s always the way. isn’t it? Someone wanting more than another party will or can allow. PP are the ones who blew it last year by not having all their ducks in a row to proceed with moving OLTL and AMC online. Now that they’re closer to making that a reality, they’re scrambling to take back the OLTL characters who have now made a new home for themselves on GH and driven ratings way up for that show. I feel PP would do well to let things remain as they are for now and use the characters as RC has used the OLTL characters on GH. Mention them once in a while, keep them a part of OLTL’s history and if and when the opportunity arises for one of the three actors to be available to shoot a few scenes here and there on the East coast, welcome them with open arms and allow them to do it. GH in turn could also mention the OLTL characters, as they’ve been doing, and perhaps help the ratings and viewership for THAT show. A win-win for everyone concerned. It doesn’t have to be a competition with someone taking their toys and going home in a snit. I have a feeling I’d be too mature and have too much common sense to work in network TV. LOL

February 6, 2013 at 9:27 am
(9) TLW says:

@Dio: I forgot to mention that John McBain’s son’s name is LIAM, not Ian.