1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Kelly Thiebaud is Put on Contract

By February 4, 2013

Kelly Thiebaud, who plays the nasty and horrible Dr. Britt Westbourne has been put on contract by General Hospital.

Britt is definitely the woman we love to hate, and she's heading for a big fall, I think, dealing with Maxie, Sabrina, and perhaps Robin!

Actress Thiebaud deserves applause for convincing audiences of Britt's nastiness. And I guess we'll be seeing her be nasty for some time to come.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

February 5, 2013 at 12:21 am
(1) juan says:

i like her. please print my comment. Why is it that everytime i like a character it never gets printed. I LOVE BRIT. GOOD MOVE GH.

February 5, 2013 at 7:54 pm
(2) generalhospital says:

Juan I always print your comments. The one time I didn’t was because legally I couldn’t. Email me if you want more details.

February 5, 2013 at 2:39 am
(3) annette says:

Congrats to Kelly Thiebaud, but, ugh I detest her character. I guess she does a great job :)

February 5, 2013 at 12:32 pm
(4) Reta says:

Ugh……..sigh……….hiss. Not one of my favorite characters BUT people like her do exist. This Maxie baby thing is going to blow up in Britch’s face as well as Maxie’s. I am truly sick of the baby swapping, stealing, killing stuff. Please writer’s leave the kids alone. They are the future of the show.

This will push Lulu to the edge for sure when she finds out and Laura to the rescue.

Just my thoughts………

February 5, 2013 at 9:22 pm
(5) juan says:

Also i just don’t understand why lulu and dante always have to wind up in bed whenever they have a scene at home. is this couple so boring to watch that the writer has no other ideas for them. they are also boring to watch in bed. get rid of them both.

February 8, 2013 at 5:49 pm
(6) Terri says:

What has happened to this show :(

February 11, 2013 at 2:34 pm
(7) Becki says:

Oh say it ain’t so. I’m glad for Ms. Thiebaud, it means she’s doing a great job, but at the moment there is nothing redeeming about this character. Nearly every other villain had something that made me want to keep watching. The only thing that has me watching Britch is my overwhelming desire to see her taken down.

February 11, 2013 at 6:51 pm
(8) judy says:

What a mistake putting her on contract all the fans HATE Her. We love villians but she is down right nasty

February 11, 2013 at 7:06 pm
(9) Carolyn says:

Sorry but I don’t like Britt or any of the storylines she has been involved in. I was hoping she would go away and leave Port Charles for good. There are better characters and better stories to be told.

February 11, 2013 at 7:10 pm
(10) janet says:

I’m with Terri What has happen to this show. They have gotten pretty silly if you ask me. Baby buisness, Vanpires I mean really . I use to love this show . Watching since day 1. They need new writers with adult ideas some of this is just fantsy, Why bring to old ones back? Nurse Bobby looked like a add for makeup the last time she was there. Why don’t they clean out the cobb webbs and go forward not out the roof????

February 11, 2013 at 7:51 pm
(11) ammiey says:

love the Britt!!…we needed someone like her, honestly!..she keeps me tuned in, that’s for sure. as for Bobbies return along with all the other 80′s characters, i don’t know. we’ll just have to wait and see. lose the vampire story, quick!!!!..

February 11, 2013 at 8:00 pm
(12) Jeannie says:

It seems GH is bringing back all the old characters/actors for it’s last hurrah. Does this mean GH is leaving..makes me wonder for sure. If they keep going with this RIDICULOUS vampire story, they will lose fans anyway. I mean, SERIOUSLY? Please get some better writers…..or at least some better story ideas. I used to be so anxious to see what happens next……..until recently.

February 12, 2013 at 12:34 am
(13) generalhospital says:

Jeannie, a lot of people like the vampire story. Vampires are very big now.

I don’t know what’s happening with GH – they are pulling out all the stops for the 50th anniversary, but I do think they plan on continuing. The ratings are high, ABC is #1 in daytime, they seem to have programs that work, Katie Couric likes the lead-in of General Hospital. Of course anything can happen, it is ABC, and they are foolish. But I am of the belief they will keep the show. I don’t think their reality programming worked out as they hoped.

February 11, 2013 at 11:16 pm
(14) Ina Young says:

Very disapointing on Britt being on contract now.
Do not like her, like another Lisa!
Maxie dumb as she has attachment to Emma being like a
sister to Robin. She needs to find out what Britt said about Emma.
Bring Robin back soon. I do not like any of vanpire stuff either.
Did not watched spin off “Port Charles” Have watched G.H. since
the 80s and love all the old players returning.
My opinion
Ina

February 12, 2013 at 5:41 am
(15) Tammy says:

That’s disappointing news..I do not care for Britt at all.Hate the storyline.It’s bad enough to have to watch that stupid vampire storyline.Lucy is such a loser.I was impressed with GH for a while but between those two useless storylines and losing the OLTL characters ,I’m losing interest …AGAIN . The only good storyline is anything with Tracy..I love Tracy and all her shenanigans.Now that the storyline between Sam and McBain is gone ..that stinks. I like Michael with AJ. I hope he disowns Carly and Sonny.

February 12, 2013 at 9:07 am
(16) Julie says:

See, I do NOT love to hate that character–I just hate the character. I love to hate characters that have redeeming qualities, like Connie, Todd, Carly, etc. They can definitely do extremely bad things, but they have moments where their humanity comes out, and it makes them more relatable. Britt has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever. I was hoping that she would leave the show since all the old greats are returning and Patrick finally wised up and kicked her to the curb.

I’m sure Kelly Thiebaud is a perfectly nice human being, and in this day and age, I would hate for her to lose her job, but unless they do SOMETHING with that Br-itch, I’m going to continue to FF through her scenes because I can’t stand her.

February 12, 2013 at 10:30 am
(17) Carolyn says:

This is my second comment about Britt so I’ll try not to repeat myself. I was glad to see others hate her as much as I do. Like another viewer wrote, she has “no redeeming qualities.” I actually find her storylines disturbing. I didn’t think too much about it in the beginning when she was stalking Patrick. However, things got much worse when she was so mean to Emma that the little girl ran away. Then we had to watch her have a tantrum in the lab throwing things around and then physically shove Sabrina like it was high school. I know Maxie is wrong going for along with her scheme but really, blackmailing a patient for personal revenge with the result likely ending Sabrina’s career and also causing someone’s death. Please! I don’t like the writing of this character at all. Lisa Niles played the part like a villian but Britt is just plain disturbing. With the show’s 50th anniversary coming up and so many legacy characters returning, the writers could do so much better.

February 12, 2013 at 11:27 am
(18) ammiey says:

@Juan/ i agree with you about Dante & Lulu..those 2 bore me too when their home!..Lulu don’t have a really good part anyway, so let her go!..oh, but wait…her mom is back, so i think were stuck with her for awhile. hope the give Laura a good part this time, cause last time she was on i couldn’t wait for her to leave…

February 12, 2013 at 12:54 pm
(19) Joanne says:

Britt is nasty alright, bring Robin back enough is enough shame on Maxie for going after Sabrina hasn’t she done enough to that poor girl!! I agree the Lulu and Dante scenes are a big yawner, who cares who the father is of Maxies baby Lulu and Dante wouldn’t know the difference anyway.

February 12, 2013 at 6:56 pm
(20) Deb says:

Carolyn, I agree with everything you said. Britt is just like Lisa Niles and we have had our fill of it, but GH just has to keep subjecting us to disturbing characters. I feel Patrick deserves happiness…..and that is with Robin. Sabrina is sweet but Robin is the best match. Why can’t you give the fans what they want is happiness between Patrick and Robin.

February 13, 2013 at 8:24 am
(21) Patricia Morrison says:

Britt plays her part so well she has me talking to the tv hoping she will be done in and soon. If the writers think they are going to pull a Lisa Neilson story line with Britt; it has been done and this story line should be deader than Jason. Hope the writers can come up with a more original story line.

When is Robin coming back. I can’t wait until Robin sets Britt straight.

February 14, 2013 at 1:23 pm
(22) Mary says:

Please don’t let Heather take Danny.You have to change Heather’s lines.Please change Britt’s storyline but in the mean time let her get caught with all the bad things that she’s doing.Please bring Robin back really quick.Your ruining GH with all the bull that’s going on.I’ve been watching GH since I was in school.I’m disabled now and it upsets me with what your doing.

February 14, 2013 at 9:18 pm
(23) ammiey says:

to those of you who wish Britt away, think again!!..this is a drama, we need someone like her..i like to watch lifetime movies & there’s always someone like her..that’s what makes the movie!!..what would GH be without her?..i liked Lisa Niles part, but it didn’t last long enough for me!!..think about it!. they might as well quit the show!! hello!!…smh

February 14, 2013 at 9:20 pm
(24) ammiey says:

what i meant about ‘they might as well quit the show’ is…GH might as well quit!..there’s no way that will happen as long as they keep the drama going!

March 9, 2013 at 4:13 pm
(25) Patti says:

I would like for Maxie to become friends with Sabrina, she has a good heart, and hope Emma tells Maxi she dont like Britt,