1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Michael Easton: Back to a Dual Role

By February 7, 2013

Anyone remember the TV show Two? It ran on the CTV network for 22 episodes back in 1997-1998. The tagline was: "Good and evil have the same face."

The good face on that show was played by Michael Easton.

The bad face on that show was played by Michael Easton.

Now Michael Easton has another dual role, that of John McBain and Caleb Morley, who was a vampire on Port Charles.

So is this manifestation of Caleb a vampire or what? How come he didn't recoil at the sight of the cross Lucy held up? Can he see himself in the mirror? Can garlic keep him away?

Whatever Morley is, my guess is we could be seeing a lot more of him as John McBain has to be out of the picture soon if GH can't work anything out with Prospect Park so that the character of McBain can stay.

Easton says that he has to be out of the GH studio after February 8 (though scenes will air until some time in March). Whether this is still true, I don't know.

Comments

February 8, 2013 at 3:55 am
(1) Annette says:

The sun didn’t bother him (Caleb) either.
Last I remember Caleb was ‘cured’ and mortal…and that is how he was able to father Rafe.
Maybe it has to do with the magic ring he wears which gives him back the vamp skills. I think that’s how it was on PC…lordy I neec to rewatch some youtube!.

February 9, 2013 at 12:52 am
(2) Mom4 says:

I am a big gh fan….but really…the vampire stuff is not good i hate it…please bring robin back to Patrick

February 11, 2013 at 9:06 am
(3) Jenna says:

I miss the old GH. Since then have brought in OLTL cast, the story lines are so far fetched it belongs on the sci-fi channel. I started watching GH when I was a little girl, and I am 35 in 2 days, it has become a part of my everyday routine. I have noticed that since this merger, I dont make it a point to make my tea and sit at and watch the show. My me time is now spent on the internet. I miss the gold ol’ GH.

February 12, 2013 at 12:36 am
(4) generalhospital says:

Again, I want to remind people, however you feel about the storylines, General Hospital was at its absolute peak during the silliest, most far-fetched storylines that could ever be imagined. They were practically #1 in the world, let alone daytime. Those crazy storylines got them the cover of Newsweek and dozens of other magazines and the soap earned $50 million dollars for the producers – that’s 1980s money.

February 11, 2013 at 6:50 pm
(5) Belinda says:

He can’t be a vampire. He was videotaped. Vamps don’t show up in pictures or videos. But he is sadistic. Licking that guys blood was weird.

February 11, 2013 at 6:57 pm
(6) Carolyn Wolfe says:

Love the Vampire plot- love seeing Caleb, Lucy, Doc, Allison and now the son of Caleb, Rafe on GH. PC hisotry was that Caleb always remained a Vampire, always. He had a one night stand with Allison due to a wish gone wrong from Livvie (his mate) and because her wish was so powerful, (it’s complicated) Caleb was able to father a son. This continuation of PC is what a lot of PC fans have been waiting for. I too have been a fan of GH but how many times can you see the Q’s line up against Sonny and the gang? I Love Sonny, and the wonderful Mob plots and miss Jason, don’t get me wrong, but it is interesting to see the reaction of the “mundane” town members, deal with this new twist! I am all for it- Let’s see what happens!

February 11, 2013 at 8:57 pm
(7) Nelson says:

Here is a THOUGHT,. and probably very far off .. but it is a Idea… I sorta DO and DONT like this Vampire storyline.. but if they go with it.. I am ok with it.. Loving EVERYTHING about GH lately.. all the characters Storylines….. But getting back the Vampire thing……… So Lucy and Alison think he is Vampire,. well.how about if it is all in their Scambled messed up minds?? Lucy’s CoeCoe Cosmetics?? It is going through that investigation due to something wrong with her Cosmetics?? how about it has some kind of Drug in the makeup that is making people think what is not real,. is?? Yeah I know Far fetched I know.. but is a Idea.. that way.. they can play the vampire storyline. but it really in GH Reality is not vampires.. its just because of Lucy’s Cosmetics that she uses.. its making her think that?? and Alison being her cousin-in-law,. had some samples or whatever Lucy sent makes her think that same thing.. just a thought,. but its a idea that would work for those who want the Vamp story and those who dont.. all the sci-fi stuff can really only be seen by Lucy because she truly thinks its real.. Not sure if Any of this makes sense,. but just a thought and I think it would be pretty cool if that is how they were to play it off !!! :-)

February 12, 2013 at 12:32 am
(8) generalhospital says:

Nelson, a nice thought, and I think originally it was all in Lucy’s head. I don’t know if the writers decided to go another route or what, but Caleb does exist and he did lick the blood that was on that gun! So now I don’t know what to tell you.

February 11, 2013 at 11:23 pm
(9) Jody says:

I love G.H. and John Easton and the character John Mcbain but i do not like the vampire storyline at all i think its stupid i want Micheal to play john and nobody else.

February 12, 2013 at 5:43 am
(10) Tammy says:

Vampire storyline is just plain stupid..let’s hope it ends quick

February 12, 2013 at 8:35 am
(11) TLW says:

@Nelson: I’m not sure how they will play this whole vampire thing out over the long haul, but I really wouldn’t want yet another situation where people are being affected by a poison or drug. They just did that with the Jerry Jacks storyine and the poisoned water. As I had said before, I was loving the return of our Lucy and her CoeCo cosmetics, but the whole thing lost credibility with this new twist. You mean to tell me, she managed to go about building a cosmetics business when she obviously feels so strongly that she is the one who needs to track down Caleb and kill him? She would have been engaged in that endeavor the entire time she was away if she thought she was the ONLY one who could “slay” him and that the life of a child depended on her doing that. I just got the impression that the writers suddenly stopped in mid-story and said, “Hey! Let’s do vampires!” . While I know vampires have been enjoying their “time in the sun”—haha! pun intended—GH is kind of coming in on the tail end of it–in my opinion, anyway. The trend seems to be fading out at this point. I’m still waiting to see what’s going to happen, but I was enjoying the Nurses’ Ball preparations and the scheming, conniving Britch getting her just desserts. Maybe this will all segue neatly into Pic-A-Lila relish being the ultimate in vampire repellants. LOL Oh, and Maxie—please—now is the time to come clean. You’re going to help The Britch ruin the life of someone who has never done anything to you (or to the Britch either—except for telling the truth)? Loved Patrick’s comment that he could give Maxie a referral for a new OB/GYN if she wanted one! I love Patrick!!!! :D

February 12, 2013 at 11:37 am
(12) ammiey says:

i don’t want the oltl characters to leave..:( i love those guys. gh really made a hit when they brought them to Port Charles. i didn’t watch oltl when it was on, so i wont be watching on line….hope they come back!!!!..:)

February 12, 2013 at 12:46 pm
(13) Joanne says:

I hate the vampire storyline!!!! so sick, hope you people work out a deal with PP and bring John McBain back as the detective he plays as a normal person not a vampire how sad you resorted to this!!

February 12, 2013 at 1:45 pm
(14) jean says:

Yeah! The vampire storyline stinks! Why bring Lucy back & waste her on this stupidity? Was so looking forward to her glamorous preenings, the nurse’s ball & Sabrina’s makeover. Instead we have Lucy freaking over a vampire & the vampire licking blood? Look out GH – success just turned into failure–so get ready for a downward spiral in ratings.

February 12, 2013 at 2:45 pm
(15) Becki says:

Nelson, I like your suggestion. I’m not at all keen on the vampire storyline, but I could live with what you’ve proposed. On the whole, it’s entertaining to some degree, and after all, that is why I watch GH… to be entertained. As long as the writers continue to do that, I’m happy to go along for the ride.

February 13, 2013 at 9:46 am
(16) TLW says:

I’m happy to go along for the ride and be entertained, but that was already happening for me with the return of so many of our favorite characters and the actors that portray them. GH was amaxing! And Lucy Coe’s entry back onto the canvas was nothing short of brilliant—Lucy at her BEST. But, you have to remember that, while they may be attracting the attention of a few sci-fi fans, GH’s ratings of late have mainly been driven up as a result of the new OLTL fans that crossed over for the 3 characters from that show and old-time GH-ers who had left the fold and returned when the show began tapping into its rich history, as it should have from the start. The OLTL fans are not going to be thrilled with a character they knew and loved from their soap suddenly having a vampire persona, Caleb. I understand he’s now on GH, which had the spin-off, PC, but seriously, he didn’t come on GH as a new character, they wanted John McBain and he came with a backstory in place. It would have been cute for Lucy to have seen John and Sam at the diner and had some sort of “recognition” issue—that’s cute and funny. But, at this moment in time, I’m worried about where this story is heading. I don’t WANT to have invested all this time and energy in the rejuvenation of GH, only to be told “It’s a dream!” or “It was all a hallucination!”. That would be such a cop out (no pun intended).

February 13, 2013 at 10:03 am
(17) Mona says:

This is the only soap I have watched in years, I get a giggle about some of the old PC story line, but as others, hate to see Lynn Herrings wonderful acting skills wasted like this. She was always a hoot and I hope she stays around for awhile. Good to see the old faces for the 50th year of GH. I know some are just passing through…poor Allison didn’t have very much face time…and what happened to Amanda Barrington…did she pass sometime that I’m not aware of..you think she would be in the story line with her granddaughter being killed and her grandson in harms way. Just a thought. Let the mayhem go on!!

February 13, 2013 at 10:11 am
(18) Reta says:

I can’t even comment on the entire vampire thing. A man appearing and disappearing. I’m sorry………iCan’t!

The writers really need a clever way to end this now that they have decided to go with it. Personally, I don’t care if they just stop it cold and move on. Don’t like it at all.

February 13, 2013 at 10:44 am
(19) Mark says:

Kill the vampire story and get Robin back.

February 13, 2013 at 10:48 am
(20) TLW says:

@Mona: I looked Anne Jeffreys up and on Wilipedia, it states that she is still presently active as a performer. She’s also 90 years old now, so I don’t know if that keeps her from being able to take on more involved jobs. It would be nice to see her though, even if only in a brief cameo.

@Reta: Yeah, I’m with you. Michael Easton is a hottie, but they could drop the vampire thing and just incorporate some of that hotness into McBain. And also, I am just NOT picking up real chemistry between him and Sam. I didn’t watch PC, so I have no clue how their match-up was then, but NOW? I’m not feeling it. Easton had more chemistry in his scenes with Finola Hughes’ Anna. If GH has to pair people up who both wear black, Anna wears a lot of black, too. LOL

February 14, 2013 at 4:22 pm
(21) generalhospital says:

TLW and Mona: Anne Jeffreys remains a gorgeous and active woman at 90. However, that character hasn’t been around GH in eons, and at this point, having to juggle so many old-timers, I doubt the writers will bring her back now.

February 13, 2013 at 3:58 pm
(22) maj1010 says:

please quit the vampire line. it is very boring and i will skip over that part whenever it appears on the screen. it is taking toooo much away from the rest of the show and is utterly disgusting. what is the matter with the writers????

February 14, 2013 at 10:35 pm
(23) Melissa says:

I usually hate anything vampire, but I loved Port Charles and I am thrilled that GH has brought Caleb back. I just love that Michael Easton remembers exactly how to play him with the same expressions, mannerisms and everything. Thank you GH!!!

February 16, 2013 at 1:11 pm
(24) TLW says:

@generalhospital: Thank you for that update on Anne Jeffreys. You’re right about her not having been a part of GH for quite some time now, so she probably will not be asked to return.. But, it makes me so happy to hear that she’s still as lovely, classy and active at the age of 90. That’s the most important thing. :)

March 26, 2013 at 12:04 pm
(25) carol says:

Please bring back John……

March 31, 2013 at 7:34 pm
(26) Nancy L says:

I suggest that if Michael Easton return to GH, if not as John McBain, than as a doctor.