1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Roger Howarth to Return to 'GH'

By February 14, 2013

height=

Roger Howarth (Todd Manning) has agreed to help the new version of One Life to Live launch, and will be back on set at General Hospital in four weeks' time.

It was reported earlier that ABC would possibly make an arrangement with Prospect Park so that the actors playing Todd, Starr, and McBain -- Howarth, Kristen Alderson, and Michael Easton -- could work for Prospect Park if they chose and assist in the new production.

It looks like whether or not the OLTL actors participate in Prospect Park activities, they will be returning to General Hospital, and, if the rumors are true, they will be have their same character names. So it seems like a win for the show, the actors, and the fans all around.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

February 14, 2013 at 9:32 pm
(1) ammiey says:

first of all, happy valentines day GH!..i have been watching since 1977!..the Luke & Laura story was the bomb!..been watching ever since. have always enjoyed the show & always looked forward to it every day!..but ever since the oltl characters been on GH is awsome once again!!..love everyone of them & can’t wait for their return!..they made it a ‘dramedy’!!..seriously..can’t get enough of my soap!!…:)

February 15, 2013 at 1:39 am
(2) juan says:

I am really starting to like Caleb. I liked the part when he showed Todd that he was proud to be a killer and took a bow. (He really owned up to his work. ) I don’t think he is a vampire though just a psycho. He even scares Heather Webber. I think Olivia’s seeing Heather coming out of the shower meant that Heather would be covered with water. Which happened when Caleb pushed her into the river. So far so good. Love The Show still.

February 15, 2013 at 9:44 am
(3) TLW says:

This is great news! And it shows that maybe both sides learned a thing or two from their disasters of the past. Like I’ve said all along, it will only benefit both companies AND the fans if they can learn to work together. It would leave many avenues open for future storylines.

As for the vampire thing, I’m being patient to see where it’s all headed. One thing I have to say though—-Michael Easton is rocking the “evil”! And have Roger Howarth and Robin Mattson ever been funnier? Anyone who thinks soap actors are inferior to other genres needs to watch some of these GH episodes of late. People use the term “giving a Master Class” as the highest compliment for an actor. Well, these three are going beyond giving a Master Class, because, in my opinion anyway, when it comes to comedic timing, it isn’t something you can teach—it’s usually something you were born with. They have that natural instinct in spades.

February 15, 2013 at 7:46 pm
(4) Annette says:

three words:

giddy as hell :)

February 15, 2013 at 9:07 pm
(5) Reta says:

You all are too funny.

JUAN when heather was pushed in the river I laughed real good. Did not see that one coming. Caleb ain’t no joke. Don’t like the storyline but he is cracking me up. If Heather returns to Nurse’s Ball with a new Jason I’m totally laughing. That “drink” (as Todd calls it) is getting quite a few residents.

February 16, 2013 at 5:35 am
(6) Annette says:

If I was TJ I’d run a Kelly’s coffee stand down on Pier 52 afterschool. There is more action on that pier than at Kelly’s lately. Plus, you get all the best gossip!

February 16, 2013 at 1:13 pm
(7) TLW says:

Reta, I know! I’ve been laughing, too! :) You’re right—one thing about Caleb, he is NOT full of empty threats, the way most of the bad guys are on soaps. ;)

And yes, those docks sure get a LOT of action! Even little Emma knows that’s where you go to hang out in PC. Guess it isn’t only pirates who really love the “C”! LOL!!

February 17, 2013 at 6:37 pm
(8) Reta says:

IRT TLW ………ha ha ha ha!

Did u all catch that Caleb told Sam aka Livie we always find our way back to each other? I feel they letting us know Sam is about to double–sigh hiss. If Caleb bit her I won’t be able to take it. Port Chuck remix.

February 18, 2013 at 7:13 pm
(9) Carolyn says:

This is fantastic news!! I am beyond thrilled that Roger Howarth is coming back to GH. I’m also excited about your report that Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson are likely coming back also. They have all added so much to the show and I can’t wait for their return. As you said, it’s a “win….all around.” Hooray for GH!!!

February 18, 2013 at 7:17 pm
(10) Joanne says:

I am thrilled Roger Howarth (Todd Manning) is going to stay on GH, he makes this soap, a good looker and his acting is suburb. I don’t like the vampire storyline but his acting is fantastic, you go McBain I like you as a detective better but it is interesting how your going to get out of this one. Wish we didn’t have to wait a month for Todd, OLTL is off the air get over it Prospect Park!! GH awaits Todd Manning!!!

February 18, 2013 at 11:19 pm
(11) Sue says:

I couldn’t be more thrilled! I am a long time OTL and GH viewer. While I am happy that OTL is being revived, I can’t imagine GH without Todd, Starr and McBain.
As for the vampire story, I love it :) Just as I love having the “old” characters back. You never know what is going to happen or who is going to show up. I hope it stays like this for a long time. As much as I enjoy Sonny, I was bored and losing interest in watching the Sonny show for so long.

February 19, 2013 at 9:23 am
(12) TLW says:

Reta, wait, does that mean you’re saying that the vampire storyline BITES? HAHA!! I think I just made a “Todd” comment! :)

Just a random thought (before I forget it! lol): Genie Francis still looks as lovely and radiant as ever. She never loses that warmth that makes you want her for your very own friend or relative. It’s so nice to have her back again and I’m looking forward to her scenes with Luke. I’d like to see what would happen with a meeting between Laura and Todd, too. I don’t think even HE could find anything to fault about Laura. He might make a snarky remark about her choices in men, but that would be a little hypocritical on Yodd’s part, given HIS history! lol

February 19, 2013 at 11:21 am
(13) disneydreams says:

YAY!!!! they are coming back to general hospital. so happy that roger Howarth, Michael Easton, and Kristen alderson will be back on GH. I am liking the vampire story right now just so they don’t go over board on it. and i love the chemistry between john mcbain and SAM, Micheal and starrr and Todd and Carly. I think they need to get Todd and Carly together not apart.
hate having johnny zackara in lock up. get him out and on screen more. but loved the what could be a beg of story between him and christian.

February 19, 2013 at 6:08 pm
(14) Reta says:

IRT TLW: The whole vampire thing bites and sucks…..lol lol

I like Tracy with Luke BUT he and Laura are meant for each other–period

I really see Krissy being groomed for “Mob Princess.” Her new found association with Johnny Z tells it all.

Just my thoughts…..