1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Julie Marie Berman Contemplating Departure from 'GH'?

By February 15, 2013

height=

According to Soaps in Depth magazine, Julie Marie Berman (Lulu Spencer) may not re-sign with General Hospital when her contract is up. The magazine goes on to state that a recent casting call was actually for the role of Lulu.

Berman, 29, has played Lulu Spencer since 2005, and has won two Daytime Emmy Awards for her portrayal.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

February 15, 2013 at 3:07 pm
(1) Annette says:

Well, I kind of don’t blame her.
Julie is adorable and majorly talented …
the role of Lulu has been kind of in a lull lately.

I realize that the writers are trying to appeal to a broader canvas, widen the storyboard, AND bring in as many of the former/past cast as possible, but I can see how a person would be board. I’d hate her role if I was playing it.

I was hoping to see some great, deep stuff with Laura back, but who knows what might happen with the net cast so wide. It’s kind of a casualty of circumstance.

I’ll miss her if she goes, but she’s always going to find something to do. She’s a doll.

February 15, 2013 at 4:31 pm
(2) Tay says:

I understand that front burner stories are rotated, but she has been back-burnered for some time and majorly underutilized. I enjoy her wok and will continue to follow the actor’s career. And DZ is flawless, you never see him acting. Either way, I wish them both the bes of luck.

February 18, 2013 at 6:04 pm
(3) Becki says:

I don’t know how I feel about Julie Berman leaving… Part of me would be delighted to see the back of Lulu, but I also remember her delivering some brilliant scenes. All I can say is that I wish her the best of success, whatever decision she makes

February 18, 2013 at 7:23 pm
(4) Joanne says:

I hate to see her go but I agree her roles have not been the best, I really don’t blame her for leaving, but on the other hand the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, come on GH writers spice up her role as Lulu would be hard to replace her.

February 18, 2013 at 7:39 pm
(5) Carolyn says:

Julie Berman’s two Emmy wins speak for themselves and I like her and Dominic Zamprogna together. She is great and multi-talented and it is understandable that she may want to do other things. I saw her in a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel and she was very good. I also read in ABC Soaps-In-Depth that she may extend her time on GH to “give Lulu a proper send off.” Whatever she decides, I wish her the best.

February 18, 2013 at 11:54 pm
(6) Judy in South Carolina says:

Julie Marie Berman is a wonderful actress and yes, her character on GH has been on a bit of a back burner BUT she is in a perfect position (if she has a decent agent) to negotiate a bigger, more satisfying storyline and as many before her have said (those more experienced and who ultimately have left daytime and come back) a steady paycheck/job in that industry goes a long way.

February 19, 2013 at 4:37 am
(7) Tammy says:

I won’t miss her..or if Dante leaves either…

February 19, 2013 at 1:17 pm
(8) juan says:

i agree with Tammy, Lulu is no big loss. all her and dante do is have sex when they are on. but I do love Felicia and want her to stay with mac.

February 19, 2013 at 1:17 pm
(9) Joanne says:

I was surprised to see the tacky outfit Lulu had on yesterday February 18th for the Haunted Star Valentines party not to mention her hair, I was really LOL!!!!

February 20, 2013 at 12:40 am
(10) Dee says:

Hated the outfit & make up she looked like trash!!!!!!!

February 26, 2013 at 11:05 pm
(11) Annette says:

You called it again, Maria! It was all over Twitter today that JMB taped her last episode today and that they will recast.

I wish her luck in her future endeavors…she is a beautiful, talented girl who will go far.