1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

'GH' Gets 'People' Magazine Collector's Edition

By February 21, 2013

Soaps are on the cover of a national magazines again! Well, one is - General Hospital's 50th anniversary ranks a special Collector's Edition of People Magazine.

Pick up a copy and enjoy the memories!

Comments

February 21, 2013 at 9:50 am
(1) TLW says:

Great news! Thank you for the heads up, Maria! You do all the work to make things easier for US! lol :)

February 21, 2013 at 2:19 pm
(2) Annette says:

Thanks for the heads up Maria. It will be the first People I’ve purchased in years…

also, GH was mentioned again on The Soup and E! this week!

YAY!!!!

February 25, 2013 at 7:44 pm
(3) debbie says:

Great news they should get recognized for being on TV for 50 yrs.

February 26, 2013 at 12:30 am
(4) Judy in South Carolina says:

THAT is great! I subscribe to “People” magazine……now let’s hope THIS copy makes it to my mailbox since lately others haven’t.

Guess the post office people like to sift through the mail as they are sorting it for delivery and taking out magazines that they’d like to read that are supposed to be delivered to people!

But if my subscription copy doesn’t come I’ll be sure to buy one at the grocery store when it hits!

February 26, 2013 at 10:21 am
(5) TLW says:

@Judy In South Carolina: I don’t think it will be a regular issue of People. I believe it’s a special commemorative hard cover and it retails for $19.95. If you pre-prder it now on Amazon (as I did), even with the shipping, you’ll save several dollars on the price. And I do NOT work for Amazon nor do I have any affiliation with Amazon whatsoever. I’m just passing along good information to my fellow GH fans! :)

February 26, 2013 at 10:45 am
(6) Reta says:

Way to go GH!

This just in…………..

The German-born actor, best known for his longtime role as Jasper “Jax” Jacks on the ABC soap opera “General Hospital,” will put on his dancing shoes for season 16. You guessed it–Ingo Rademacher!

Pro Partner: Kym Johnson. Veteran Kym Johnson is a two-time champ who returns for her 13th season on the show.

I guess we may not see him for a bit.

February 26, 2013 at 1:42 pm
(7) Becki says:

Reta, there’s no reason we couldn’t see Ingo on GH, if they wanted to make that happen. They work DWTS around the stars schedules, and Kelly did great at both, IMO.

February 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm
(8) Annette says:

@TLW thanks for the headsup on Amazon.
I just preordered my copy… $14.79 including tax and it will be here on March 12! Sometimes our store is sold out of the ABC magazine and I miss a month so I’m happy I won’t miss this issue!!
YAY!

@Becki – I agree, Ingo will be in LA so there’s no reason why he won’t be able to be on GH. The biggest problem is that he lives in Hawaii and he wants ABC to fly him and his family to LA and house them while he shoots (at least, so I’ve read). I understand he doesn’t want to be apart from his wife and two little ones, but I also understand that there have been budget cuts with everyone.. even a big network. Anyway… at least we see him for a set period of time, and I’m sure he’s brought them with him!!

February 27, 2013 at 9:11 am
(9) TLW says:

Hi Annette! I’m really happy to pass along any info I come across if it helps others. I try to do whatever I’d appreciate someone doing for me. :)

And I can understand ABC’s reluctance to foot the bill for Ingo and family’s transportation and lodging. If they agreed to that, it would set a precedent and then others would soon expect the same treatment. The days of special perks a la Geary or Lucci are over. At least for now.

February 27, 2013 at 4:52 pm
(10) generalhospital says:

Just a note – apropos of nothing – when the soaps stars did the concert in New York every year — SOAPnet/BCEFA — I called the BCEFA office to try and get a free pass since I’m press – as usual I got nowhere. But the man who talked with me on the phone told me that Tony Geary wouldn’t take a cent from them – he paid his own plane fare and his own hotel.

February 28, 2013 at 10:24 am
(11) Becki says:

It’s little tidbits like that, Maria, that help us like the actors even when we don’t like their characters on the show. (I am not by any means suggesting I don’t like Luke, in case anyone gasped in shock)

February 28, 2013 at 3:59 pm
(12) TLW says:

I agree Becki! It’s always nice to hear that a star who could take advantage of whatever extras people want to toss their way, would choose to spend their OWN money, leaving more for the charity. Tony Geary is a class act! :)