1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Last Taping for Julie Marie Berman

By February 27, 2013

height=

Julie Marie Berman has had her last day of taping General Hospital.

Rumors that she was not going to re-sign her contract after seven years with GH turned out to be true.

The role of Lulu Spencer is going to be recast.

Julie, we will all miss you and wish you every success.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

February 27, 2013 at 1:17 pm
(1) Nancy says:

Jen Lilley would be good in the role of Lulu.

February 27, 2013 at 8:08 pm
(2) juan says:

Yes Jen is such a better and exciting actress than the current lulu. I am not sorry to see her go.

March 4, 2013 at 7:49 pm
(3) Kimberly says:

I thought Julie played a beautiful Lulu. She was always so caring and sincere. I wish you well. Let’s remember the good in everyone.

March 4, 2013 at 8:38 pm
(4) marilyn barenberg says:

I will miss you very much

March 4, 2013 at 11:04 pm
(5) Helen says:

Julie played a very good Lulu. She is sensible and rational at most. Jen was better as crazy Maxie.

March 5, 2013 at 3:10 am
(6) Tammy says:

I won’t miss her.

March 5, 2013 at 1:23 pm
(7) Joanne says:

Thought she played her part well, but I could care less one way or the other, thought her and Dante parts were boring.

March 5, 2013 at 1:29 pm
(8) Judy in South Carolina says:

I am going to miss Julie Marie! I have loved her since the very beginning as well as I thought casting did a wonderful job because she does indeed look like she could be the daughter of Luke and Laura. She will be missed and a hard act to follow!

Good luck to you Julie in your future endeavors.

I hate getting used to recasts but it’s better than losing the character of Lulu.

March 5, 2013 at 3:08 pm
(9) J.J. says:

SAD DAY. I’VE LOVED HER SINCE SHE STARTED. I HOPE THE RECAST IS NOT A NO NAME.

March 6, 2013 at 2:50 am
(10) MB says:

Okay, maybe this is a crazy idea, but I think they should get Alicia Leigh Willis to replace Julie Berman as Lulu. There’s some resemblance there, and I used to really like Alicia as Courtney on GH.

Yeah, I know Alicia is about five years older–maybe more–than Julie; however, if we can accept Lisa LoCicero and Dominic Zamprogna as mother and son, then it really should’t be too big a stretch to accept Alicia playing Lulu. I don’t even know if she’s available, but I think it would be a good casting move if she is.

Just a thought.

March 6, 2013 at 1:59 pm
(11) DMP says:

I have never been a fan of hers. Her acting is stiff and not natural. Since she wore that outfit Valetines Day-I DVR over her spots. I do however wish her luck.

March 6, 2013 at 6:17 pm
(12) jerry davis says:

sorry to hear that julie marie berman is moving on. wish her the best. hope whoever is cast for the role is half as good as was julie.

March 9, 2013 at 10:31 pm
(13) Cathy says:

I think she was really good as Lulu. will miss her.

April 25, 2013 at 5:58 pm
(14) DJ says:

Julie “IS” Lulu Spencer………….and I’ve been watching GH since the late 70′s !!! Just like there could NEVER be another Laura or Luke !!! Julie is missed more than she knows. Best wishes Julie !