1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Rick Springfield Returns to 'GH' with Special Guest

By February 27, 2013

height=

Rick Springfield is returning to General Hospital as Dr. Noah Drake and this time, his son, Liam Springthorpe, will accompany him.

Springthorpe will play a police officer.

The last time Springfield showed up at GH, he was there to console Patrick on the loss of Robin. His much-ballyhooed appearance lasted a few minutes.

Let's hope he spends a little more time now. No air date available.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

February 27, 2013 at 10:40 am
(1) juan says:

so he is taking time off from those cable shows where he constantly takes his clothes off. I’d rather that Jeff(Richard Dean Anderson) would return.

February 27, 2013 at 4:50 pm
(2) generalhospital says:

well, I’d say DWTS helped Giles Marini a good deal. I’m sure that’s why Ingo’s doing the show. He wants to broaden his fan base.

February 27, 2013 at 2:55 pm
(3) Annette says:

Juan,
for once, you and I agree.
I love Richard Dean Anderson.
Rick Springfield is a jerk.
I say this from experience.
I went to see him perform when I was 16 and he threw a cup of water on me. Of course, that got me in good with the security guys who ALSO thought RS was a jerk for doing so… I made a lot of cute new friends (did I mention this was on the Air Force Academy and security was a bunch of young, cute cadets who would never throw water on a young girl)… anyway… I haven’t liked him since!

February 27, 2013 at 4:48 pm
(4) generalhospital says:

Annette, I love it – Jessie Brewer threw me out of her house.

February 27, 2013 at 4:42 pm
(5) TLW says:

OMG, Annette, I can’t believe he deliberately threw a cup of water on you! Nice experience for a 16 year old girl. :/ I’ve never had any personal experiences with Rick Springfield. I know he backed out of a concert recently for the city of Parkland here in South Florida. It was going tp be for their 50th Anniversary.
I would love to see Richard Dean Anderson returnn, too! I’m still excited to see Jackie Zeman! :)

February 27, 2013 at 4:48 pm
(6) juan says:

sorry that happened to you Annette. He should never treat his fans that way.

February 27, 2013 at 7:41 pm
(7) Annette says:

Thanks you guys. :)
I learned at an ealry age that stars aren’t always as they appear on TV or in magazines… the plus side is that when you meet really nice people you value them!! (famous or not so famous)

Maria.. Jessie Brewer? OMG Do tell!

February 28, 2013 at 11:53 am
(8) generalhospital says:

It’s not something I can put on the board so I’ll email you. The situation had nothing to do with General Hospital.

February 28, 2013 at 10:30 am
(9) Ohghfan says:

I am not sure he would purposely throw a cup of water at a fan…. he is very good to his fans….very good. And very appreciative. Glad he is returning, even if for a short visit. It would be very cool to see Richard Dean Anderson return as well.

March 4, 2013 at 11:33 am
(10) generalhospital says:

Well Ohghfan I know Annette and that’s a horror story. He might be nice to his fans now, but he wasn’t then obviously. He sounds like an arrogant SOB. Think about this – if he hadn’t thrown it on her and it was an accident, why didn’t he apologize?

March 4, 2013 at 11:34 am
(11) generalhospital says:

Well Ohghfan I know Annette and that’s a horror story. He might be nice to his fans now, but he wasn’t then obviously. He sounds like an arrogant SOB. Just think about this – if he didn’t throw it on purpose, and it just LANDED on her, why didn’t he apologize?

February 28, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(12) Annette says:

Ohghfan

Well, you weren’t there… I was.
Standing in the front row. Cheering. Screaming. THRILLED that Rick Springfield was singing.
In between songs he leaned down and picked up a white paper cup, took a gulp, then he threw it AT ME. The front of my shirt was soaked and I started crying. People started booing. The cadets quickly pulled me through the rope and against the bottom of the stage and one of the cadets put a blanket around me because my white shirt was completely see through. They gave me a soda, told me jokes and my 16 year old completely embarrased self was much happier.
I didn’t watch the rest of the concert but sat with my back against the bottom of the stage and made new friends. When my parents picked me up I was pretty much over it.
But… I don’t like Rick Springfield. That’s not being good to your fans.

February 28, 2013 at 3:56 pm
(13) TLW says:

Annette, now that you’ve elaborated, it certainly establishes that it was a deliberate act on Springfield’s part. He was hoping to “see something” and it was completely wrong to do that to ANY woman, let alone a 16 year old girl. That would be considered assault these days. No respect for women on his part. And Maria, you can’t leave us all hanging regarding Jessie Brewer!!! What happened?? lol

On a positive note, I met David Canary (pre-AMC) when I was 17 and he was a total gentleman. He had appeared as Rhett Butler in a musical adaptation of Gone With The Wind—it was at a Miami theater. When the show was over, my mom and I went around behind the theater and a few of the actors were taking breaks, getting fresh air and/or smoking. I was nervous and kind of shy approaching him and asked if he would please autograph my program and he was the most gracious and sweet man. Believe it or not, I also had a wonderful experience takling to Keith Moon of The Who. What a sweet soul and complete gentleman. I obviously got him at a time he was sober and straight. LMAO! But, he made a young teen-aged girl VERY happy and left me with a most wonderful memory for life. Rick Springfield is nowhere NEAR the caliber of a Keith Moon—he could afford to be a little more humble.

March 4, 2013 at 7:58 pm
(14) Marvan says:

Springfield is/was an alcoholic so I’m sure he is full of bad behavior. On the other hand, my company installed a shower enclosure in Leslie Charleson’s home and she is extremely nice. Very pleasant lady.

What’s up with Berman?

So glad the vampire story is wrapped up. Hopefully we won’t see the morgue attendant with the gold ring anytime soon. :-)

When is the nurses ball?? I keep waiting for mention of it. Anyone know?

March 4, 2013 at 11:29 pm
(15) becki says:

Marvan, dunno if you noticed, but in that last scene, the morgue attendant was on the table. My kids and I were remarking how much the attendant looked like Michael Easton, but when he left the room, we said…. Hang on! He didn’t have the same hair. So we rewound to make sure. That’s when we noticed the attendant was lying on the table, right before whoever (Caleb), covered him up and stroked his hair.

Like you, I’m eager for the ball. And I’d like an explanation as to why Piph would think that Sabrina cheated on the exam.

March 5, 2013 at 10:04 am
(16) TLW says:

Becki, I noticed the whole thing with the morgue attendant immediately. I remarked to my husband, “Oh no. That attendant even looks a lot like McBain/Caleb. There are a lot of them walking around Port Charles these days!” My only mistake was that I figured when the attendant covered the “Caleb” dude, the ring would be on the attendant’s hand. I didn’t figure on the attendant being laid out on the table, with “Caleb” walking out of the morgue. Because of COURSE Caleb would be pronounced “dead”. He already WAS dead. And maybe his fangs were temporary ones because his real ones were in the shop getting polished! LOL But, like many, I’m hoping it’s the end of this storyline (although—think about it—would Caleb really give up his quest for Livvie and his son that easily? Probably not. So, we’ll see what happens.)
I’m also psyched for the Nurses Ball, Sabrina’s makeover and Britch’s final comeuppance. I don’t even think it’s that Britt loves Patrick that much, I think it’s that she hates LOSING that much, particularly to someone she considers “inferior” to herself. But, she IS a great “beeyotch”, I must say! Kelly Thiebaud rocks the part! Just please, GH, keep her within the bounds of sanity. I don’t want GH to create yet another Lisa. I want a repeat of how Bobbie Spencer used to be back in the Scotty/Laura days. Jealous, petty and immature but not psychotic. :)

March 5, 2013 at 10:18 am
(17) Reta says:

MARVAN, BECKI & TLW: I conccur on the vampire storyline. Glad to see it go. However, the writers were smart enough (so they think) to leave the door open for future opportunities. If that’s the case the whole town might as well l become the Land of Oz and include gremlins and leprechauns and the lollipop guild.

Not sure what Britch is up to BUT it ain’t good. No way, Sabrina failed. I realize this is a soap opera but no one does that kind of nagging, bickering, and backbitting on a regular as between Britch and Sabrina. HR would of handled that by now. Britch needs to get a life and move on or die. I’ll take either. Love her character but its over kill right now. Not one of my co-workers would dare try that crap with me.

Okay, exiting my soapbox……………

Something else I picked up on was Anna missing Robin on the one year anniversary of her death. I think this might finally come to a head too. Would be great for Emma to have her mom back. Oh yeah, I am loving Emma. She is reminding me of Robin and Starr growing up on the soaps. She’s sassy and smart for young person. All the makings of a good Scorpio girl!

Just my thoughts

March 5, 2013 at 12:43 pm
(18) TLW says:

Reta, yes, I agree with you on everything. The sort of behavior that Britch was finally caught engaging in would have been stopped in short order by the higher ups at GH. She would have been reprimanded and ordered to cease and desist immediately or suffer the consequences of being fired. Especially if she’s coercing her patients into becoming her co-conspirators. In the real world, I wouldn’t expect a DOCTOR to be involved in this sort of childish tit for tat in the first place. At the start of the storyline, I could only keep repeating, “She’s a DOCTOR???”. More like someone fresh out of school. I will add to my previous comments by stating that even as good as Kelly Thiebaud is in the role, they need to begin adding elements hinting at why she behaves in that manner to make something about her “likeable”. Right now, she’s just fun to hate. Period.
I do love Emma! Completely! She is the most adorable, intelligent and charming little girl! And yes, she totally reminds me of the days watching Robin and Starr grow up on the soaps. Emma is her mommy’s mini-me. :) I can’t wait to see Kimberly McCullough return. She is SO missed!

March 5, 2013 at 9:15 pm
(19) juan says:

Please let the vampire story be over. They should have just had the last scene with Caleb lying on the floor at Windemear. That morgue attendant was pretty scary looking. He frightned even me and that is not easy to do.

March 5, 2013 at 10:13 pm
(20) Evil Queen says:

Wow crazy thing that Springfield did to you. That is terrible and I can imagine for that age it would be horrible to have happen.
I know I have run into a ton of different people because I grew up in Burbank, Ca. My friend way back used to work at a Savon there and would have to deal with Steve Burton. I know many love him but I have never liked him. He was always snotty back then and it left a bad taste in our mouths and others with how he was when he’d come in. That same friend also meet Jon Lindstrom at a Revlon Walk and she said he was very kind to the fans he meet. Most I came across in my time were on Days of Our Lives since I worked at NBC for a few years. Some of them were super friendly and nice and a few weren’t. Just like anywhere I guess you could say. LOL

March 6, 2013 at 10:39 am
(21) TLW says:

@Juan: LMAO! That morgue attendant WAS kind of creepy, actually! But, I imagine morgues on the whole are pretty strange places. You’re too funny! :)

@Evil Queen: You hit the nail on the head. Actors, like anyone, are human and run the gamut in personalities and behavior. Some actors were down to earth prior to stardom and others had overblown egos before they hit it big. Fame and money only seem to exaggerate those qualitites they possessed to begin with. And then, in others’ cases, there could be an addiction or mental illness that spurs certain behavior. I try not to judge (I’m certainly not without my faults), but these actors did willingly choose a very public occupation. They have to know they’ll be dealing with that at some point if they’re lucky enough to “make it” in the biz. It’s just as easy to smile, say hi and thank you as it is to act like a flaming jerk.