1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Bradford Anderson Put on Recurring Status

By May 28, 2013

height=

Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) announced via Twitter that he is now on recurring status with General Hospital. He tweets:

I am still at GH and will continue to be. Recurring isn't a bad word. Keep watching, great stuff is coming!

Anderson decided not to renew his contract with GH and to audition for other opportunities.

Anderson has been with General Hospital since 2006, and he has been nominated four times for a Daytime Emmy Award, including for 2012, in the Outstanding Supporting Actor category.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

May 28, 2013 at 2:13 pm
(1) Carolyn Wolfe says:

I love Spinelli and am sorry to hear that Bradford Anderson did not renew his contract. But totally understand that he might want to try different roles. I am looking forward to seeing how Spinelli handles finding out about Maxie’s baby! Looking forward to seeing him as much as possible!

May 28, 2013 at 2:42 pm
(2) Judy in South Carolina says:

I wholeheartedly agree, Carolyn.

I supposed this also means that Spinelli won’t find out that the baby Maxi is carrying is his which is a huge disappointment. I really believed that he would, given the direction they are writing the character of Lulu and her memory loss.

And seeing “some” Spinelli is better than none at all!

May 28, 2013 at 4:31 pm
(3) Angie says:

I will miss Spinelli TOO much. He is one of the reasons I watch the show. He is a breath of fresh air. I wish Bradford luck in all of his future ambitions, but right now I’m angry with him. I guess recurring is better than nothing, but still……..
I will NEVER forget him singing “I Want To Know What Love Is”!!!!!!!!!

May 28, 2013 at 8:04 pm
(4) Klinda says:

It appears that with the OLTL additions, and all of the “kids” and newbies coming on, all of the members of “Port Chuck” have disappeared. Wish they would bring Johnny back and dump Britch and Sabrina

May 28, 2013 at 8:14 pm
(5) Maria says:

Bear in mind that Bradford isn’t leaving the show. He’s been put on recurring status, which means that he will still be showing up. This isn’t to be confused with the recurring status that Lesley Charleson was bumped to for several years, where we never saw her at all! He’ll be on more often that that and I’m sure he will find out the baby is his.

May 29, 2013 at 12:35 am
(6) Lisa C. says:

How interesting; at least it was his choice. Bradford was at his best, I think, when working with Steve Burton (Jason). Now that Steve’s gone, maybe that has something to do with it. Or perhaps he just wanted to pursue the Port Chuck shows and a family life, as well as other roles. Anyway, I wish him the best.

I do trust they’ll show him eventually learning about his baby with Maxie, though. That’s a big story line and I don’t think they’d drop it.

May 29, 2013 at 2:02 am
(7) cassie says:

The show won’t be the same without him, ill miss him dearly.

May 29, 2013 at 3:20 am
(8) Tammy says:

He made a smart move…he knows the show is sinking and he want’s out now. Spinelli is one of the best characters on this show,and I hate to see him go …if it comes to that. As a fellow NH native like Bradford,and live very close to his hometown it would make my day if I ever met him face to face.. I would definately get his autograph. Best of luck to you Bradford in whatever you chose to do…

May 29, 2013 at 11:20 am
(9) MommaZ says:

I like Brad and of late, I do not like the way GH is going at all. I have watched the soaps for years but…now…I can take them or leave them. I used to be sure to watch at 2 p.m. actually from 1 p.m. to 4. Now..there is nothing to watch religiously. AMC…Gone. OLTL…Gone (do not like to sit at the computer to watch them or anything else and now the upset at GH!!!!! I am glad I can DVR it and pass the storylines I don’t like. ie that “so and so” Brit,whatever her name is… Boy am I saving on electricity. MommaZ

May 29, 2013 at 7:31 pm
(10) Joanne says:

I like Spinelli, hope he appears often, wish you luck, heard you were in a band, your role on GH is very refreshing!!

May 29, 2013 at 7:35 pm
(11) Joanne says:

FYI I have never commented on Spinelli before, couldn’t be a duplicate!!

June 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm
(12) maggie potts says:

I don’t like the way General Hospital is going., Bringing back Todd and Starr and John is dumb as different people,and Patrick and Sabrina they don’t belong together,they have no chimesrty.

June 7, 2013 at 6:01 pm
(13) CD says:

dont like the fact that stars came back as different people. Like Gike or whatever, franco, making him a blonde doesn’t change anyone. I have been watching gh for 50 years since my son was born and I have never seen such a mess they are making at GH