1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

John Reilly Returning to 'General Hospital'

By July 10, 2013

height=

John Reilly (Sean Donely) has tweeted that he is returning to General Hospital for a limited period of time. Reilly appeared on GH from 1984-1994 and has a huge resume of soap and prime time appearances.

This is wonderful news -and better news if Tiffany (Sharon Wyatt) accompanied him. The actress, who in 2011 had surgery for osteonecrosis in her jaw, is reportedly doing very well. The couple was last seen on General Hospital: Night Shift in 2008. It would be great if the producers brought her back as well.

Sean will probably attend Mac and Felicia's wedding, but he apparently will be on the show for two months.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

July 10, 2013 at 10:20 am
(1) Reta says:

The best news all week!

July 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm
(2) juan says:

I hate the characters of Shawn and TJ. Felix is a better role model than those two. I wish that someone would beat Shawn up the same way that he did Franco. Also, everyone thought that the anniversary show would keep all of the characters from the past and when they left the viewers also left. Bobbie took many of the viewers with her since she is so popular. Shame on this show for not keeping the characters from the past.

July 10, 2013 at 12:56 pm
(3) juan says:

July 10, 2013 at 2:05 pm
(4) Annette says:

I’m thrilled Sean Donely is returning. I love him, and I think it opens the door (or should open the door) to a story I want to see.

I SO want to hear that Sean decides it’s time for him and Duke to go get Robert and bring him back to General Hospital for better medical care. Patrick IS the best neurosurgeon in the world, after all.
Then we can have Robin back (recast is fine, since Kimberly is so busy with her new career).

THEN we can get rid of the Britch while having some fun Fasion stuff.

Actually, I kind of see all of that tying together in Luke’s search for Helena and a cure for the radiation poisoning.
He’s looking for Jerry – but Helena poisoned him.
BUT, last we knew Jerry was working for Faison.
This ties into the Britch and Obrecht (sp?) which ties into Robin!!

This is all delicious and wonderful and I can’t wait!

If the writers would please just GET to this story line (if they understood what the heck of a fabulous, tangled mess it was) we’d have a GREAT story to watch.

Wait…
Maybe the current writers should leave it be – this is so good, I don’t want the possibility of it screwed up.
Hrmm.

July 11, 2013 at 1:01 am
(5) Matt says:

Are we sure this is real and Sean is really returning to GH. Last week there was someone acting as him on twitter saying this and it wasn’t him at all or true?!

July 11, 2013 at 3:41 pm
(6) Robert says:

I agree totally. I usually don’t care for the “token” gay characters they have tried to use on GH. But Felix is probably the best one ever because he’s pretty cool. I think Shawn is a moron and TJ is proving to be a moron too.

Now, as for Robert Scorpio. The writing on this show is getting so bad! The beat down Sonny/Shawn didn on Franco was utterly disgusting, add to that, the creepy gay dude blackmailing Michael, and you can see why GH won’t be around much longer with THIS kind of writing.

I am convinced only by bringing back Robert Scorpio, as he was in the 80s, with his morality can save this show since its clear that Anna is being written to be as dumb as Mac was for all these years. Maybe that’s why Tristan isn’t coming back because they want to write Robert as an idiot too so that it can remain the Sonnyboy show.

July 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm
(7) Becki says:

How lovely to see Georgie today! Those scenes had me in tears. Will she be around for awhile? (I should look at the spoiler page to find out I guess?)

July 12, 2013 at 4:33 am
(8) juan says:

Please, please, please! when will we stop seeing sonny everyday. they also have a promo commercial for him. enough already, no wonder this show is in last place. Mr. bob guza, i know that you are writing this show again and i am going to stop watching it.

July 15, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(9) ammiey says:

Ahhhhh now i know who Sams father is!! haha

July 15, 2013 at 9:50 pm
(10) David says:

Sean is way too old to play someone of the same age as Alexis. No offense to Mr. Reilly. I believe he’s a decade older at least.

David

July 15, 2013 at 9:52 pm
(11) Deanna says:

I am so excited, but I really hope Robert wakes up in time to see Sean!! And Tiffany would be an added bonus and she could see her nephew Lucas!

July 15, 2013 at 11:28 pm
(12) Linda Moeller says:

Sean & Tiffany were an awesome couple. Their wedding was one of the funniest ever.
I’ll be so glad to see him back. We can only hope that Tiffany & Scorpio are close behind.

July 15, 2013 at 11:56 pm
(13) Marvan says:

I hope John Reilly is returning and can save Danny.
Please Shawn and TJ leave PC. Alexis would never fall for a man so brutal. And Molly and Rafe are nice with each other and better suited.
I have been wondering if Luke is returning to GH at all. He seems so old and tired. It would be great to see the whole gang back together, even for a little while .. Luke, Robert, Sean, Tiffany and Bobbie, such fun memories.
I can hope.

July 16, 2013 at 5:54 pm
(14) generalhospital says:

Yes, Luke is returning – in fact, he has a major storyline in the Fall.

July 16, 2013 at 1:01 am
(15) Judy in South Carolina says:

Luke old and tired???????? NEVER! Tony Geary is as sexy as ever. Thank god he is one person on the soaps that has aged gracefully and not resorted to any “artificial” and OBVIOUS attempts to look 20 years younger!

I adored Sean and Tiffany and knew Sharon Wyatt had some serious health issues but until now didn’t know exactly what they were so thanks for this info. I would LOVE to see them both back but will gladly take Sean if we can’t have both. And what a great treat for him to be there for Felicia’s wedding!!!!!

July 16, 2013 at 1:23 am
(16) ck-8 says:

sean not coming back…for now

July 16, 2013 at 8:21 am
(17) Felicia says:

Sean is coming back and is going to be Sam’s father!

July 16, 2013 at 8:10 pm
(18) jeremy says:

Does anybody else think that jerrys sams father

July 16, 2013 at 8:17 pm
(19) jeremy says:

What about jerry they reavled sams fathers name starts with a j

July 16, 2013 at 8:51 pm
(20) Marvan says:

Jerry always had interest in Alexis, but she would know if they had met and had sex! No, Jerry can’t be Sam’s father. Must be a new “J” coming on the scene.
I didn’t mean Luke seemed over the hill or too old … Just his departure seemed unusual, playing a man so sick and bowing out, worried me. So happy to hear of his big comeback storyline.
Are we ever going to tell Spinelli he’s having a baby?
And of course, poor Todd/Franco has to go and come back as someone more believable.
Oh, and Silas is Kiki’s father. So Silas will save Danny. I can live with that.

July 17, 2013 at 1:35 am
(21) juan says:

remember folks, jerry and sam made out in the hottub. it would be disgusting if he were her father. and jerry is waay too young to be sam’s dad. i think sean donelly will be her dad.

July 17, 2013 at 11:47 am
(22) Reta says:

JUAN that’s for the reminder and if they dare try to make Jerry her father I really may have to walk away.

My thought is that the person name is “Jay”

July 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm
(23) generalhospital says:

Jerry Jacks? Remember, she had an affair with Jax.

July 17, 2013 at 6:12 pm
(24) Annette says:

I hope Sam’s dad is someone totally new.

How AWFUL for Alexis if he is someone that has been around Port Charles and she just didn’t know.

But, my question is how will he be identified? Random DNA tests from men around the world?

It has to be some man who shows up in PC, they recognize each other (although I’d be hard pressed to recognize any of the boys I dated at 16) and then they have a frank discussion about it.

Sounds like fate has its work cut out for it once again!

As far as the dad being Jerry? I agree, that’s crossing way too many lines.

Sean Donely would be interesting because we already love him!
(maybe the J stands for John!!)

July 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm
(25) generalhospital says:

Rumors are the father is a Jerome, and rumor had it that it was Peter Reckell, though he denies this. So right now, we don’t know. Supposedly he is the bone marrow donor, though.

July 18, 2013 at 1:22 pm
(26) Reta says:

ANNETTE…………lol lol lol lol @ comment about 16 year old dating comment. Too funny but I agree.