1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Whose Baby is It, Anyway? On Friday's 'GH'

By August 30, 2013

On Friday's General Hospital, Patrick starts to find out about the baby Britt is carrying. Who's the daddy? We don't know yet.

Morgan finds something interesting in the grass on the Quartermaine estate.

A.J. tries to remember what happened the night Connie was killed.

A nurse gets a little confused when two mothers claim Baby Falconeri.

Spinelli loses it.

Comments

August 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(1) Annette says:

The scenes between Bradford Anderson and Kirsten Storms had me in tears. This was beautiful, intense, painful, and oh, how my heart ached. I wanted to reach through the screen and yell at them to just go claim their baby and then work it all out later.

This is by far my favorite storyline on GH.

I will say I love Ava, but I felt like she was trying to lure Morgan into her bed and ewe if GH goes there…. ewe. Why?? She’s so fab she could get ANY man she set her sites on… despite all of her criminal and murderous ways. Of course, now that Morgan found the gun she used to kill Connie (which he will tell her about first, for some arcane reason, no doubt, and she will have him hide… or, somehow place close to AJ…) sigh.

Poor Patrick. He really had decided he wanted that baby. My heart went out to him, too. :(

I’m NOT feeling much sympathy for Lulu. She has been pulling this cold, mean lip. She “knows” in her heart that baby is Maxie and Spinelli’s. She’s known all along something was up. She knows Maxie better than anyone. She just wants the baby and doesn’t want to give up on her dream of having a child (understandable) but she isn’t being fair to her friend. If she stopped and thought about it for a minute she’d realize she still has two babies (embryos) that are HERS and Dante’s that she could have someone else carry instead of forcing the situation with Maxie and Spinelli’s baby. I understand the horrible disappointment. But, I don’t like the mean face and the ‘stand my ground’ attitude they’ve both taken.
:( It’s probably the most realistic thing on GH.

August 31, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(2) Reta says:

ANNETTE: great insight as usual.

DOUBLE DITTO on Ava and Morgan. That’s where I draw the line. If Ava sleeps with him I won’t be able to take it

Felt sorry for Parrick for 20 seconds. He knew better all along but chose to believe Britch could be trusted?

Seriously, I think Spinelli will claim the baby. Like the soaps do, Lulu will have her own child some day just like Sam. She’ll be fine. Might lose her mind in the process, but in the long run she will be fine.

August 31, 2013 at 10:36 pm
(3) mp says:

Annette. I agree with you i don’t like their attitude also they are not biological parents of the baby. Lulu and Dante they should not make decisions with the baby without telling Maxie she has the right to be involved and her decisions too and responibilities also feeding the baby too is also Maxie’s responiblility since Dante and Lulu did not talk about the name of the baby. Maxie did name the baby but they do not like the baby’s name. I hope Britt will give Lulu and Dante her baby she has another embryo maybe Britt tells them what her mother did.

September 1, 2013 at 2:55 am
(4) mp says:

re MP. Annette i blame Dante and Lulu they left Maxie while she was having their baby and left the country to find Luke who is in jail they can’t leave Maxie while being pregnant with their baby thank goodness. Spinneli was there helping her including the events NYE 2012. Maxie has the rights to see the baby without their consent they are not biological parents First Lulu and Dante did not talk about baby names before the baby is born and Lulu did not deliver the baby. They are twisting the facts what i typed from my above comment. Maxie has the right to be involved and the baby decisions too she should talk to Spinneli

September 1, 2013 at 10:56 pm
(5) Tina says:

I’m thinking The Britch is actually carrying dante and lulus baby. There was another in the lab. Maxie was going to get it but was already pregnant with spanellis baby.

September 2, 2013 at 10:39 pm
(6) juan says:

September 2, 2013 at 10:41 pm
(7) juan says:

Also, I can’t wait till Morgan catches his wife with Michael and then starts rocking the very hot Ava. This how Morgan will get his revenge. Hold onto something people because Morgan and Ava will make your televisions sets rock when they hook up. Also Carly will be too busy rocking with Sam’s father, the very hot Derick aka Julian Jerome. She will not care what Morgan is doing.

September 2, 2013 at 11:25 pm
(8) Barb says:

I give you points for creativity, Juan.

Derek./Julius will, in the short run at least, be with Alexis.
Morgan will not bed is MIL.

September 2, 2013 at 11:28 pm
(9) bkpr4u says:

Last week was one of the most exciting since the anniversary episodes during the Nurses Ball! Once again AJ has found himself in deep trouble but at the risk of a spoiler alert I am curious how many other viewers think that the ‘AJ’ Connie wrote in blood is actually Ava Jerome?
My heart is also breaking for what is coming when Dante & Lulu learn the truth about Maxie’s baby. I am looking for a win/win here and am thinking that maybe Brit is carrying Dante and Lulu’s child (remember the egg Maxie asked Brit to implanted after the miscarriage)? Now that Brit has admitted to Patrick the baby isn’t his this scenario makes sense. Maybe Dante & Lulu will still get their baby and Maxie and Spinelli can keep theirs…how awesome would that be! Can’t wait for tomorrow episode.

September 3, 2013 at 12:23 am
(10) Belinda says:

Dante & Lulu have every right to put restrictions on Maxie. They BELIEVE that is their child, however, since she is their friend and not just someone they hired they should give her some slack. She almost died for them. They should be concerned. Soon they will have their son since the Britch used their egg to get pregnant.

September 3, 2013 at 1:35 am
(11) Marvan says:

Yes, Britch is carrying Dante/Lulu baby. But, it’s a boy and Dante and Lulu are expecting a girl. It would be hard to adjust since everyone has bought girl things. Eventually it will turn out fine. AJ didn’t kill Connie, Ava did.
Curious to see how it all comes out.
Poor Patrick’s girl when Robin returns. I don’t like Robin or the new girl though. Oh well.

September 3, 2013 at 10:24 am
(12) Linda Lanza says:

The baby Britt is carrying is going to wind being Lulu and Dante’s. I bet you anything because then everyone is happy in the end-Maxie gets to keep hers and Britt doesn’t want it anyway-so Lulu and Dante become the parents of a BOY instead of a girl-that would be the smart way to go. But you never know with GH!

September 3, 2013 at 3:43 pm
(13) Joanne says:

Interesting to read the different comments, Maxie keeping her mouth shut is sooooo wrong!!! I thought AJ did kill Connie, however, I believe Ava did it and those blood initials are for Ava Jerome, hope Britt gives her baby to it’s rightful owners, what a mess, wouldn’t happen in real life, keep up the good work writers.

September 3, 2013 at 8:45 pm
(14) Denise says:

All the comments about Dante and LuLu and the baby–Dante and LuLu love the baby girl Falconeri and yes it is their baby. Does anyone remember the contract that Maxi signed???? She gave up her rights.

Also, I am adopted and my adoptive parents ARE my parents. Not the sperm donors that created me. Just because Maxi and Spinelli created that baby that does not automatically make that baby theirs. Again, remember the contract that Maxi signed.

Yes, I know that it will come out that Maxi and Spinelli are the biological parents and they will probably get the baby and as much as I don’t like the new LuLu I still think she and Dante deserve the baby. Now, if once they find out that she isn’t biologically theirs that affects their feelings that is something else. However from my own experience, my mom loved me as much if not more than if I had been hers biologically and I never doubted that for one minute.

September 3, 2013 at 10:01 pm
(15) Barb says:

Denise… I am absolutely of the opinion that if you could do a statistical analysis of how much parents love their kids, the adoptive ones would win. When you are adopted you know that
1) You weren’t an unhappy surprise.
2) They didn’t REALLY REALLY want a child of the other sex.
3) They went through a LOT of trouble to get you.

However, the contract Maxie signed was for her carrying Lulu and Dante’s embryo, it wouldn’t apply to this situation.

September 3, 2013 at 11:21 pm
(16) generalhospital says:

Barb, that would be a complicated case, and I think it depends on the state. There was recently a case raging concerning a Baby S. that wasn’t the same as this one, but it was a case of a surrogate refusing to do as the parents asked and going to another state. You can argue both sides; in the end, the contract doesn’t matter.

In the Baby M case, whatever the contract said, the judge threw it out. The baby was the surrogate mother’s but the people who hired the surrogate got the child and the mother had visitation. The judge could have decided otherwise.

September 4, 2013 at 12:57 am
(17) Marvan says:

It appears Brit’s baby is not Brad’s. Still hoping it’s D/L and both couples can have their baby. What a mess either way. Lot of family missed out on the expecting time.

September 4, 2013 at 8:33 pm
(18) Marvan says:

Today was a twist I wasn’t happy about. Looks like D/L don’t have a baby afterall. M/S most likely won’t have their baby either. Interesting to see how it all turns out. I don’t see a winner any way you look at it.

September 4, 2013 at 11:26 pm
(19) mp says:

Denise i know Maxie signed the contract with Alexis as Dante and Lulu’s lawyer and Mac was is the witness for Maxie but one thing is. Mac should call Diane to help Maxie to represented her. Remember Sonny did the same thing AJ give up his rights to Michael. Like father like son (Dante and Sonny)

September 10, 2013 at 10:38 am