1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Tristan Rogers to Return to 'Y&R'

By November 15, 2013

height=

Alas, we are losing Robert Scorpio once again.

Tristan Rogers is returning to Young and the Restless as Colin Atkinson.

This came as a surprise to head writer Ron Carlivati, who tweeted: Guys, I had no idea Tristan Rogers was leaving. I found out last night. I now have 1 day to write him out of a big Feb Sweeps storyline. Meanwhile, you will see a lot of Robert between now and February!

We'll miss him.

Photo: ABC, Inc.

Comments

November 15, 2013 at 1:19 pm
(1) Annette says:

It’s Ron’s fault… he left him in a coma for a year, then locked up on Cassadine Island for the past 4 weeks.

Robert is part of a big story and we never see him.

Shame, because I LOVE Robert.

Also, now that SOAPnet is going I’ll never get the occasional peek at Y&R as I do now.

I don’t like watching tv on the web. I want to get off of my computer at the end of the day and not use it for entertainment, and my DVR is packed full – if we could add anything else there is a long, long list awaiting. lol

November 15, 2013 at 4:06 pm
(2) barbara says:

i agree annette. they have neve used tristan like they should. a few days here and then he’s gone. i love robert scopio and am so happy when he’s on. very disheartened to hear this

November 15, 2013 at 11:28 pm
(3) juan says:

I knew it. This is the young and the restless executive producers way of getting revenge on general hospital since she was fired from the gh job. Tristan had better be careful because she may fire him from young and restless again. I wish he would stay with general hospital. But I agree with Annette this is Ron’s fault for over using kiki and the other one life to live people and ignoring the gh cast. Mark my words Ron is going to tank this show sooner or later with his one life to live stars. Also my inner gut was trying to tell me that Tristan was probably going to leave.

November 18, 2013 at 3:39 pm
(4) Rachel says:

This is terrible, but GH has too many storylines going on now. This is a huge loss since Tristan Rogers is such a good actor. BUT, this does not mean that he will be gone forever. Unless they do something really cruel to the audience and kill him off like they did Tony Jones so that it would be virtually impossible (but never impossible since it is a soap), for him to come back, he can always return. I mean, look what they did with Robin and AJ!

I understand that GH needs a few storylines at once, but they have gone overboard. It’s too much. Robert Scorpio got lost in all of this and it is sad.

November 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm
(5) Judy in South Carolina says:

This is sad news indeed……..but I agree; you can’t blame Tristan for wanting to leave as little as he was being used on GH. Hard to tell what he was promised that was coming for the Robert Scorpio character (or for how long it was promised) and when it didn’t materialize and he was offered to chance to actually W-O-R-K then he took it.

He, too, probably got tired of how long this “when will everyone finally find out Robin is really alive?” the same as WE fans are!

And with Anna and Duke being a couple, once the storyline wrapped up there was not much for Robert to do, really.

I watch Y&R because of Steve Burton so I will still be able to enjoy Tristan but the character of Colin is NO Robert Scorpio. So, once again, GH’s loss is Y&R’s gain……………………

November 18, 2013 at 4:45 pm
(6) Terri says:

I agree, I don’t blame Yristan for leaving if he’ll have steadier work somewhere else. All year, I kept asking to myself, “What about Robert? Is he STILL in the coma? No one even mentions him!” I would welcome him back to GH anytime, with open arms. GH shuold keep that in mind that it’s how the majority of fans feel. So don’t shut the door on him—leave it open for his return. But, give the man a STORY and let him and the other amazing veteran players do their thing.

Also, I thought Y&R was gone from SoapNet, with Days of Our Lives in its place. Isn’t it now shown on TV Guide channel or something? So you can still see it if that’s true. :)

November 18, 2013 at 5:04 pm
(7) kellyirons says:

Annette I’m trying to respond, there’s another channel airing YR not soapnet. They just stated it. Can’t think of name. Let me
know if u dont find it .

November 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm
(8) ammiey says:

is he going to die off? oh please no!! i love Robert:( wonder if Anna will be leaving soon after.ugh

November 18, 2013 at 6:54 pm
(9) Kelly shimanek Irons says:

Since Tristan is going back to play Collin on #yR
It shouldn’t affect Anna #FinolaHughes at all. She is on GH way more often. I see both sides here. may fans we want see him also shows are not taped the way they used to be. He not not have taped all summer and that would frustrate someone to not be active. Maybe RC could
have communicated more. Its unpleasant.

November 18, 2013 at 7:24 pm
(10) Annette says:

Kelly
I see CBS and TVGuide both show it online.
I’ll have to start watching it online and get caught up!!

November 19, 2013 at 11:02 am
(11) Lisa C says:

I’m not surprised because in a recent interview Tristan said Scorpio isn’t as fascinating for him to play because he’s the super spy. He probably wanted the challenge of playing Colin and Jill made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. He’s also said that ABC has a very limited budget for the vets. Hence Genie Francis’ departure. That’s also why we rarely see Holly and she and Robert seldom get scenes together. I’ve told RC and Frank V. over and over we want more vets but frankly, ABC ties their hands. OK, RC loves Frodd and his OLTL characters (Kiki is useless) too much…but he knows that the vets are very popular and he’s done his best to weave them into all the S/Ls. I’ve also thought that the vets could make a great nighttime show with a built-in audience…it’d be a thousand times better than the millenials-oriented crap ABC shows now. Cutesy stuff like “Super Fun Night” bores me. Older people are the ones watching the most…yet there seems to be precious little for them to watch. Unless you like crappy reality shows about white trash and criminals. Obviously I prefer to see crime fighters like Anna, Duke, Rt and Holly…HARD forever! Maybe YR will be less boring with him aboard. The only scenes I watch are Burton’s. And he’s not the world’s greatest actor. Sometimes he’s eye candy.

November 19, 2013 at 3:53 pm
(12) marla says:

I love it when Robert is on the show. He’s always been my favorite character. Tristan Rogers has an amazing smile.
Robert’s been on the show so little since we found out that he’s a live. I can’t believe that the writer’s are surprised he found another gig. I hope they leave it open so we might see him again in the future.
I always love seeing the vets on the show.

November 20, 2013 at 7:41 am
(13) Reta says:

Friends, I am just happy that Robert shot Jerry. Enough of the cat and mouse chase. Finally, Anna Andy Robert looked like real cops. I just hope Robert does not exit before seeing Robin.

What a nut Olbritch. She lets Faision tie her up. I see her as a turncoat when she gets free. Hope Britch gives the baby back to Lulu before she shows her true Spencer colors. Poor girl. Since Britta us loving her new honest relationship with Nick I’m thinking she may come clean about the baby.

Yeah for Spinelli. Didn’t see that one coming.