1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Maria Ciaccia

Kimberly McCullough Wrapping Up on 'GH'

By January 20, 2014

height=

Kimberly McCullough (Robin) is getting close to the end date of her contract, but she has assured her fans it's not a permanent goodbye.

She also says that the GH audience will be furious at her when she departs.

We don't know too much about how Robin exits the show this time, but McCullough tells interviewer Sarah Bibel that Robin leaves Port Charles because of "her love of another...not Patrick."

YIKES! This could get ugly.

She assures readers that Jason Thompson will remain with GH.

McCullough will be returning to her directing projects, but promises that Robin will never be far from General Hospital.

Comments

January 20, 2014 at 10:31 am
(1) Sam says:

That stink! I’ve only kept watching the last few years because I was waiting for Robin to come back and scrubs be reunited. I’ll stop watching now because there is nothing else going on that’s interesting. I no longer care about GH after watching for 20 years!

January 20, 2014 at 12:55 pm
(2) juan says:

This sucks. But I knew that she would not stay with the show for long. I guess we have to see Patrick with Sabrina after all. Also Robin may be taking little Emma with her. I agree the show has gone downhill now and they cannot keep the vets for too long. This is one reason why they keep bringing on new characters like the slutty Donna Mills. I guess she will be seducing young men on this show like Helena.

January 20, 2014 at 12:59 pm
(3) juan says:

Also she could have at least waited until Maxie returned.

January 20, 2014 at 4:34 pm
(4) generalhospital says:

Well, Juan, there wasn’t anything she could do. When she signed her contract, no one knew Kirsten would be leaving because no one knew she was pregnant. Also when your contract is up, you leave. She’ll be back I’m sure.

January 20, 2014 at 3:54 pm
(5) sandy says:

Robin should take Emma with her. What kind of husband is Patrick that he never asked about her time in captivity.

January 20, 2014 at 4:33 pm
(6) generalhospital says:

Well, Sandy, to be fair, we’re not with Patrick and Robin all the time. We have no idea what he asked her.

January 20, 2014 at 4:08 pm
(7) Melinda says:

I am not happy to hear this. I do not get why he came back in the first place. Please do not take Emma off the show I love that girl. I always wanted Patrick with Sabrina but I do know she will be going to have her baby then what? I love general hospital but do not like that robin comes back home just to leave again. I thought Patrick and robin were going to try and have a baby. If Emma leaves the show I will be sad as I think she adds a lot to the show.

January 20, 2014 at 4:11 pm
(8) ammiey says:

oh chill people, it’s a soap opera! i’m loving it! woo hoo!

January 20, 2014 at 4:23 pm
(9) Marvan says:

So glad Robin is leaving! Hope she takes Felicia with her. I do like Kimberly and Kristina, just NOT their characters.
Someone should tell Lucy to stop overacting.
Who is Donna Mills?
PLEASE finish the Britt baby switch story, after we have the new Lulu.
Still think Heather is the most entertaining right now.
Hope the story-lines improve soon.

January 20, 2014 at 4:37 pm
(10) generalhospital says:

Marvan – Donna Mills is a big TV star and is most famous for playing Abby on Knots Landing for many years.

She was also in Play Misty for Me with Clint Eastwood as the woman he falls in love with.

January 20, 2014 at 4:55 pm
(11) Patti says:

Best news I have seen all day! Worst actress on the show besides Brenda.

January 20, 2014 at 5:28 pm
(12) Cathy says:

Worst news about GH! Robin is a huge part of GH history, they need to work with the actresses schedule like they do for others. Robin’s story brought in huge numbers in ratings. She is a talented actress and a beautiful woman. There are many characters who should leave GH but Robin is not one of them. No way do I buy Patrick with anyone and making Robin look bad to do it reeks. They ruined her return making it all about a dumb nurse instead of focusing on Robin and her husband and child. No way would Patrick be with anyone but Robin. Guess it is time to tune out. Won’t watch GH make Robin the bad person to move Patrick on and no less for a newbie nurse who could never walk in Robin’s shoes or be anything close to Robin. Sick of what is next for Robin and how they will make her look bad for their pet nurse.

January 20, 2014 at 9:09 pm
(13) generalhospital says:

Cathy – as yet we don’t know what happens. Kimberly said the fans would be mad at her. I don’t know if they’ll be mad at the character. I can tell you I’ve been mad at her before, and I’ve kept watching. As far as GH working with her schedule, they are, and as of now, she has no more time. She is shadowing at Grey’s Anatomy (following the director) and is working on her feature film. When her schedule opens up again, I’m sure she’ll be back.

January 20, 2014 at 5:44 pm
(14) Reva Clay says:

I wonder if this we be connected to Robert Scorpio leaving the show. I hope this will be the love of another they are talking about and not some new guy.

January 20, 2014 at 6:33 pm
(15) Judy in South Carolina says:

Reva — you might be on to something with the reference to Tristan Rogers (Robert) leaving GH! Never thought of that when I read that Robin was “leaving for the love of another…….not Patrick”. Very astute!

I am sad to see Kimberly go AGAIN. I almost wish since the writers knew her contract was short term that they would have had Patrick choose Sabrina even though I don’t like them together and don’t think they have ANY chemistry whatsoever.

LOL and I still can’t believe someone asked who Donna Mills is! Gosh! Really makes the rest of feel old. Either that or the poster must be in their teens………………

January 20, 2014 at 7:47 pm
(16) ammiey says:

love donna mills! i watched knots landing years ago, yes! im that old! lol

January 20, 2014 at 8:22 pm
(17) Marvan says:

Never watched Knotts Landing.
Of course I know Donna Mills the actress. I thought the reference was to a character on GH.
Don’t be so snitty .. Very surprised Ms. Mills is still actve and working.

January 20, 2014 at 9:02 pm
(18) generalhospital says:

I didn’t mean to be snitty, I just thought you didn’t know who she was so I listed some things she’d done. I do think it’s possible to live your life and not have heard of her.

January 20, 2014 at 9:30 pm
(19) juan says:

I agree with Marvan. I could care less about Donna Mills, but I don’t understand the hate for Felicia or Robin. These are two great characters that are part of gh history. Marvan are you under 30? Just asking since so many young people hate to see older people still acting. Also Cathy I agree one hundred percent with your statement. Sabrina sucks.

January 20, 2014 at 9:32 pm
(20) juan says:

P.S. I think that Brenda is also one of the best gh characters. she is indeed the only woman for sonny. I don’t think Kimberly wants to come back to general hospital. She could have stayed around if she really wanted to. Maybe she does not get along with the other cast members.

January 20, 2014 at 10:05 pm
(21) generalhospital says:

Juan, Kimberly grew up on that show and she loves it. But you can’t be on General Hospital, film a feature, and work for Grey’s Anatomy all at the same time. The woman wants to be a director. She’s not going to give that up even if she returns to the show from time to time. When her schedule frees up, she’ll come back.

January 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm
(22) Brenda says:

Seems Robins hasn’t been back that long, but can’t say I’m sorry to see her go. Patrick and Sabrina are having a baby and I would like to see them back together.

January 21, 2014 at 1:39 am
(23) cassie says:

Why did she bother to come back? to ruin a beautiful relationship, Patrick and sabrina. shows how really selfish she is. I never missed her, when she was gone. and could care less if she leaves again.

January 21, 2014 at 5:20 am
(24) Tammy says:

Imagine that…such a big build up of Robins return and now she’s leaving again…LOL …this show is such a joke now…so they bring in all the big time actresses to boost ratings..but the reality is…this show just plain stinks..definately time to cancel it…

January 21, 2014 at 12:26 pm
(25) Marian says:

Fire Brad, and Brit, very malicious behaviour in a Hospital. Who can trust Hospitals now? :)
We need to know about Brits BABY before he goes to University!
Bring in a new Lulu.
Robin seems to do what Robin wants, if she goes this time don’t bring her back. If she does just film her living her new life.
I still say where is Sean and Jax. Yes Lucy overacts, she needs to calm down.
Seems as though all of the Soaps are running out of new ideas. We just have pregnancies, kidnappings all the time.

January 21, 2014 at 5:11 pm
(26) generalhospital says:

If you want to bring Jax back, call the GH hotline and request him. You can find the GH contacts on my site under the banner that says “The Stars.” Anything you want to tell GH, that’s the place to call.

January 21, 2014 at 12:31 pm
(27) ROSE LOONEY says:

she really doesn’t have to come back! plus others should go

January 21, 2014 at 3:05 pm
(28) Liv says:

I hate the comings and goings of the same character over and over again….just leave or come already….

January 21, 2014 at 5:10 pm
(29) generalhospital says:

Liv, that’s the nature of the business and the nature of recurring characters. Also, at the time of her interview, Kimberly had a couple of weeks left. I don’t know her last airdate, but they can stretch two weeks of taping into months. Look at what they do with Tony Geary. I do suspect she’ll leave during February sweeps. She came back to the show in September. I don’t consider September to February (if that’s when she leaves) a short time. I consider one or two episodes a short time. They said she’d be around for a while, and she has been.

January 21, 2014 at 7:25 pm
(30) juls says:

why would they bring back Robin for her to leave again, now what’s going to happen to Patrick.Emma and Sabrina, they should have Patrick marry Sabrina and let PD and RSD divorce or let her stay dead, this don’t make any sense for her to come back and then leave again. Should PD wait another 2 years for her ro come back, by her coming back ruin the relationship with PD and S.

January 21, 2014 at 7:46 pm
(31) Susan says:

I have been watching GH for 30 years love the show, I can accept Heather falling from the hospital and getting stabbed and buried by Franco but having ulbrecht become chief of staff is ridicules … I have to say I can’t continue to watch GH this was just to much …. How sad!!!!

January 21, 2014 at 11:48 pm
(32) generalhospital says:

Judy, the writers did know the length of her contract. This storyline was planned for the most part. To my mind, this was not short term since she came back in September.

January 22, 2014 at 2:11 pm
(33) Debbie says:

She has been back since September, but it feels shorter, since she’s only been back in Port Charles for a short time, interacting with everyone, instead of held hostage. On top of that, the writers have done a disservice by having all of her supposed conversations with Patrick, etc., about her time in captivity offscreen. We want to see her engaged in conversations with people about what happened to her – who held her, why, was she still getting her meds, what about the cure she developed, etc. Her return has been largely unsatisfying in re-intergrating her with her family and friends. To have her leave then so soon after being rescued seems unfair to the viewers.

January 22, 2014 at 3:38 pm
(34) Tarlisa says:

i want to know who’s finds Carly. An who finds out about heather.keep me posted.Thank you!

January 22, 2014 at 4:36 pm
(35) disneydreams says:

I am glad that Robin is leaving the show. I don’t understand why they went through all of the hipe to bring her back for such a short time. But it is up to her she wants to peruse other things so go and do it. but stop coming back and them changing the story lines for her to leave again in a couple of months. I think either commit to GH and stay there or leave. But it isn’t right to come and go and them change the story lines to accommodate.
I like Patrick and Sabrina together and am glad that since she is pregnant in real life. that they made her pregnant on the show with Patrick’s baby. I do not however like everyone immediately thinking Franco hurt Carly. i like what Roger Howarth brings to the character. and think that he should be given a chance.

January 22, 2014 at 6:23 pm
(36) generalhospital says:

I thought there was one more story for Robin, unless they dropped it. The serum she put together for Luke is supposed to bring her a lot of success. I have a feeling even though Kimberly has two more weeks of taping, she will continue appearing on screen for a while.

January 23, 2014 at 10:29 pm
(37) gigi says:

Bye bye…Team Sabrina

January 24, 2014 at 4:51 pm
(38) Joanne T. says:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH COMMENT #23 HOPE SHE LEAVES AND NEVER COMES BACK, SHE CAME BACK JUST IN TIME TO SCREW SABRINA AND PATRICK’S LIFE UP, LIKE I SAID BEFORE, SHE COMES AND GOES AS SHE PLEASES, AND GH LET’S HER GET AWAY WITH IT, WHEN I THINK OF THE SCREW UP ON THE OLTL CHARACTERS NAMES ON GH, HAD TO TAKE A NEW SET OF NAMES NOW THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE ON ABC!!! 4 PLUS MONTHS NOT A LONG TIME FOR A CONTRACT, SHE SHOULD OF STAYED GONE IN MY OPINION, ROBIN AND PATRICK ARE DRIPPY TOGETHER EWWWWWWW!!!!

January 28, 2014 at 9:06 am
(39) Julie G says:

If she wasn’t going to stay, why come back at all and f-up everything else???? This makes me hate the character of Robin even more…..I haven’t liked her since she was with Stone and she drives me even more nuts now…..

February 20, 2014 at 1:19 am
(40) Debbie says:

I’m glad she’s leaving. I never liked “Robin”. I think she is so stupid ever since she told A.J. Michael was his son way back when. Stupid decision just like her leaving her daughter and husband after returning and crashing Sabrina and Patrick’s wedding. Stupid decision on ABC’s part.

February 21, 2014 at 12:28 am
(41) generalhospital says:

Debbie, I agree. I think she should have been uncomfortable and having a hard time adjusting from the get-go, arguing with Patrick, whatever needed to happen to have this exit be just a little more believable.

February 20, 2014 at 10:53 pm
(42) Trublu says:

Why is everyone so upset? We all knew Robin would be leaving even before she reappeared. And, why does everyone assume Patrick and Sabrina will end up together? No one knows that. They may….but, I hope not.
I do not think Sabrina’s baby is Patrick’s albeit Sabrina believes so. If the reason for this pairing is for the sake of the baby, then this union is doomed. Patrick continually vacillates with his feelings…we do not want a repetion of the same nonsense when Kimberly/Robin decides to return.

February 24, 2014 at 9:43 pm
(43) Tamara says:

Just is not right that GH brought her back knowing it was not permanent, watch her bully a heart-broken, pregnant Sabrina into staying away from Patrick and ending their relationship, when the whole time there was no intention of Robin staying. They should have had Patrick stay with his new love and keep a co-parenting situation with Robin. Just sayin :)

February 24, 2014 at 10:33 pm
(44) ABC Soap Fan says:

this story line of Robin leaving to save Jason is stupid. With Robin’s background, her parents leaving her with her uncle Mac, Robin would never leave Emma. Especially after being away the last 2 yrs. They should have just had her kidnapped again. What is Patrick suppose to do – hang around waiting for Robin to come back??? Why didn’t they just bring in another actress for the part of Robin? Don’t get me wrong, I love the actress, she has played the part for about 30 yrs., but this storyline makes no sense. What happen to the GH writers? Last year the show was so good, I couldn’t wait to get home to watch it. This year, they’re hashing up old story lines. AJ for example. and Please don’t bring back Helena Cassadine. They should have left Michael Easton as a cop – he’s really good as a cop. and bring back Michael Sutton – he can play a different part then Stone. And bring back Johnny!