1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Another 'GH' Legacy Character to Appear...On Another Soap

By June 17, 2009

Wed Jun 17 20:14:01 2009

Yes, viewers, it's sad but true.

Wally Kurth, Ned Ashton on General Hospital, is returning to Days of Our Lives in his old role of Justin Kiraikis.

There were rumors that Ned would be back in February - I see that they were just that, rumors.

Ned, as many viewers may know, is a Quartermaine - Tracy's son, married to Lois, with a daughter, Brook Lynn. He ran L&B Music and for a time moonlighted as rock singer Eddie Main. He was married to Katherine Bell and Lois at the same time, in fact.

Ned was a great character, and it's a shame that, as with Lynn Herring's Lucy, GH let another opportunity go by. The Qs - and we - would enjoy having him around.

Comments

June 18, 2009 at 6:21 am
(1) Barb says:

It’s not like they were likely to reintroduce Ned as a regular again. I’m glad he has work. I hope he could squeeze in an appearance for appropriate funerals, births, weddings on GH. I have seen Ned as a son who comes back for events, but don’t go back far enough to remember him as a regular. He sounds like quite a handful… 100 per cent Tracy’s son.

June 18, 2009 at 1:08 pm
(2) J.J. says:

The hits just keep on coming. I loved Ned. I loved that storyline w/ Katherine and Lois. I also loved him with Alexis. It would have been great if he came back. He’s the perfect way to flesh out the Quartermaines as opposed to Rebecca.

June 18, 2009 at 11:22 pm
(3) Gwen says:

Well, I’m sorry for GH fans but I can’t help but be excited that Wally is returning to DAYS as Justin. I loved him on DAYS back in the late 80s. :)

June 23, 2009 at 10:12 am
(4) BETTY says:

I loved the story line with Ned & Lois she was so natural and realistic. He is so good looking with those dimples of his. I wish he would come back even for a short stint. I’ve been watching since the 70′s and its great that GH is bringing back so many old timers it makes me stayed glued to the set.

June 24, 2009 at 6:57 am
(5) Cheryl says:

l would look foeward if Ned came back..ldon’t like the new story line and l don’t like the new Micheal !!!!! l don’t know why this show is alway’s about the mob….l do think the guy in the wood’s was Dante ,sunny’s son !!! l sure hope nothing happen’s to anymore of sonny’s kid’s ???