1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

The Mask Comes Off on Friday's 'GH'

By November 11, 2012

Lots happens on General Hospital on Friday, November 9.

The Judge renders his decision in the Connie/Kate case.

Monica and Carly have it out.

Tracy gets a "gag" order.

Duke reveals himself to Robin.

Comments

November 12, 2012 at 9:05 am
(1) Becki says:

I am SO excited about November sweeps. It has started off really well. I cannot wait to see today’s episode. I am desperately hoping that it’s Faison beneath the mask, but my daughter has her money on Jerry Jax. If it IS Faison, kudos to the staff at GH for keeping this under wraps.

That being said, can I express my extreme disappointment at how things played out at the end of Friday’s show? I am not at all a Robin fan, but one thing that she most definitely had going for her is that she is smart. So please tell me why in heaven’s name she displayed none of her good sense in that hospital room???? Electroshock? I think not. The Robin I know and dislike would have at least made sure she was unbound and either back in Port Charles, or had a way out the door before she revealed that it was not Duke standing in front of her. Such a shame really.

And just a general question… The mask that Mr. X is wearing, wouldn’t that be some kind of rubber? How come super spy Anna didn’t catch that when she was kissing and rubbing Duke’s face?

November 12, 2012 at 11:11 am
(2) Reta says:

BECKI: Very good sleuthing and great questions. My $$$$ is on Faison because who else has and association with Anna and Robin like that other than Robert? Like you said today is going to be incredible viewing.

I concur with you on that Anna’s PI skills should have kicked in. BUT I tell you this, Luke’s radar is beeping strong. Sooooo, like I mentioned on a previous post, Luke will save the day and bring Robin home during the RN Ball and will win Anna’s heart. OR it maybe a Luke and Scorpio adventure because I hear Robert will be back. Either way, I am so loving all of this.

November 12, 2012 at 2:56 pm
(3) Mel says:

Who is Fasion? Can’t remember after all these years? Thanks

November 12, 2012 at 3:02 pm
(4) Becki says:

Reta, you are so right. I wondered though, would Robin have seen Faison as a child?

A Luke and Scorpio adventure? Yes please, and may I have seconds? Does anyone know if Kim McCullough is back to stay (for a while) or is this a brief visit? It will be good because she will get to grieve Jason and Edward (I hope), and as an added bonus, will get Brit out of Patrick’s face.

November 12, 2012 at 3:04 pm
(5) Becki says:

Mel, there’s a summary here: http://generalhospital.about.com/od/toptenvillains/a/CesarFaison.htm

(Hope it’s ok to post links)

November 12, 2012 at 11:22 pm
(6) generalhospital says:

Becki, of course it’s okay to post links. A lot of people don’t even know I have some of these stories on the site. I appreciate you pointing it out.

November 12, 2012 at 4:10 pm
(7) Annette says:

While I agree that GH has been particularly strong as of late, Friday’s episode was filled with so much implausibility and plain stupidity that my hubby and I rolled our eyes frequently.

Sigh.. where do I begin? With the mask, obviously. THAT is the single-most stupid thing I have ever seen on GH. NO one who interacted with “Duke” would buy a rubber mask, least of all Anna.

What about his fingerprints? Are they rubber, too?

Dumb

Now, let’s head on over to the Quartermaines. Seriously?
Alice chokes Tracy, drags her to the boathouse and is suppresisng her?
That’s assault and kidnapping.
That’s not Alice. That’s just stupid.

Now let’s head on over to court.
While I have always mantained that Connie is the host and Kate is the alter the court scene was absolutely ridiculous. It was BAD.

I look forward to GH every single day, but I hate it when they go completely off keel.

Oh, I assume that ‘Duke’ is Faison, but I like the idea of Jerry.

No one really dies in Port Charles, so it could be anyone, for that matter.

November 12, 2012 at 7:21 pm
(8) Becki says:

Annette you are quite right, but if figure if they’re gonna drag us there, might as well try to enjoy the ride. And what a ride it was! A 2 for 1 special. I’m delighted.

I won’t even comment on the court stuff. It irritated me so bad I had to go buy some Preparation H. (Ok, i guess that was a comment)

November 12, 2012 at 7:24 pm
(9) Dee says:

Fingerprints can actually be modified or lasered on or something like that nowadays, providing you have the money to do it. And Alice choking Tracy, dragging her to the boathouse and suppressing her makes sense because Alice has never been a fan of Tracy’s and has Monica’s back. She even admitted that she’s always wanted to do that. It was a hoot in my family, we actually rewound and watched the scene twice. However we don’t know how it’ll play out yet. One would assume Tracy would indeed want to press charges although it would be her word against Alice and Monica’s.

But I do concur, how could Anna not know she was kissing a guy in a rubber mask? Mrs. Doubtfire never kissed anyone so I can see that ruse working but Anna is an ex spy and now commissioner of the police force and even Mac said once you’re a police officer you’re always checking things out.

Good observations though and I hope you and your husband enjoy the rest of this week much more. Hope we all do. Cheers.

November 12, 2012 at 9:14 pm
(10) Linda Leigh Johnson says:

Now is the time to bring back Morgan (Aaron Sanders) It would create a whole new storyline and he would be great at it.

November 12, 2012 at 9:36 pm
(11) Annette says:

Sorry guys if I came off sounding grumpy.

I really, really love GH and want it to be great always and not … ridiculous. I’m very happy others like the current storylines. I know TPTB cannot please everyone but as long as they are liked then something good must be going on.

I completely agree Morgan needs to return for the holidays. It would be great to have him back (wish we could have Aaron Refvem only because I thought he was AMAZING! although Aaron Sanders is fine and just needs any storyline that will have him.

While I already know who is ‘behind the rubber mask’ because of FB and Twitter I’m still looking forward to tonight’s episode.

And Beki, you are right… we should enjoy whatever ride GH takes us on while we can!

November 12, 2012 at 11:26 pm
(12) generalhospital says:

Hi all. My understanding is that the head writer, Ron, is known for his outlandish, over the top stories. Frankly I would rather have those than something that is supposedly realistic and is terribly done. And the fact that they aren’t leaking many spoilers just adds to the fun.

My advice is: When it’s a situation like a courtroom or an operating table or the lab lockdown, yes, things that are dead wrong take you out of the moment.

When it’s on the level of over the top, like Duke’s mask, I say we go with it and not analyze it too much. The whole premise is absurd, so why go there. I mean, we’re talking Duke’s voice and the whole nine yards.

Answering a question posed by Becki, yes, I believe Robin did know Faison as a child. The writers have been pretty good – in fact, very good, about following the history of the show.

November 13, 2012 at 9:43 am
(13) Becki says:

Annette, you didn’t come off grumpy at all IMO. I think like most of us, you like good stories, and you like them done right. I can get behind that.

I like the suggestions about bringing back Morgan. My preference is young master Revfem, but both actors were good.

Maria, thanks for the answer re: Robin and Faison. I read your article, which was extremely thorough, and made me realize that Faison is a villain of Carl Hutchence (AW) proportions. I love it!

With Helena coming back as well, and she and Faison having had past alliances, do y’all think she has a hand in this as well?

November 13, 2012 at 9:53 am
(14) Reta says:

Whoa on Monday’s episode!

BECKI: Thanks for the backstory on Faison. It’s been a long time.

As I read Robin should know who he is. Way to go writers for keeping that under wraps. So we get the best of both worlds we have Faison and Duke back PLUS we will get a Luke, Scorpio, Anna adventure out of all this.

MY QUESTION: What does Faison want with Sonny by way of Kristina? That’s still and open-ended plot waiting to be revealed.

Connie/Kate, I’ll wait to see what’s what on that one. Quite strange to me.

November 13, 2012 at 1:31 pm
(15) Becki says:

Reta, that is an excellent question! Could it be that since Faison had to play dead he has no money of his own, or he bankrupted himself trying to become Duke?

And where will Todd factor in to all of this…I know he’s already got his hands in a couple of storylines, but how fun would it be to see him up against Faison and /or Helena. Will she consider Todd a boy-toy?

Sorry, I’ve fallen hard for Todd, so I’m happy to see him wherever I can. :D

November 13, 2012 at 2:19 pm
(16) Annette says:

Oh Beki, I’ve fallen for Todd, as well. I love all of his scenes. Of course, I want him with Carly which would put him in opposition of AJ and frankly I think Todd can take AJ down a few pegs (which is needed).

AJ and Britt would make a great couple. Both self-centered and selfish. But, honestly I could do without either character.

I do think Michael will end up running the Quartermaine empire but if AJ is involved he will drive it into the ground. I am afraid Michael will become a ‘bad guy’ so to speak, and will have to go rounds before finding himself again. Of course, Michael thinks there is something bad inside of him, so it won’t be too hard of a transition. He’ll lose Starr in the process.

The most redeeming thing in the Mask storyline was Duke strapped to a table as Faison’s prisioner. This of course, leaves it open for Duke to be the hero if he gets free. I’d rather Robert/Luke find Robin and Duke. Then poor Anna will have THREE men that she loves, (and four that love her). What a lovefest nightmare with great possibility!

I agree that the entire ‘Scully/Corinthos money story’ does not fit well with the kidnapping of Robin. I think TPTB started something and just dropped it. Not the first time that has happened. (The lady in white??)

Ah well, yesterday’s ep was great. I loved Robin, and almost like Sabrina. But Patrick.. Eww don’t sleep with that coniving beyatch Britt. Eww!

November 13, 2012 at 3:08 pm
(17) Reta says:

BECKI AND ANNETTE: You two are the best–love your posts!

The fallout from this whole Robin, Faison, Anna, Luke, Duke, Robert thing is going to be too good.

We cleaned up Patrick so let’s leave him that way. Brit is a twit. She is obviously self-centered and a stalker at best.

I could be wrong BUT I think AJ has cleaned up his act and will do right by Michael and vice verses. Carly on the other hand is a loose cannon. Just wait to Sonny finds this all out.

Love, love, love Todd and his one liners. Unfortunately, his constant lying costs him the girl everytime. When Carly finds out what he did and knew about Johnny she will be done with him. Carly and Sonny need to be together. Just remembered about Brenda popping back in with the kid. Now, that’s going to stir the pot too. You know she loved Edward so she will be back if only briefly.

November 13, 2012 at 7:15 pm
(18) Annette says:

Britt the Twit. Hahaha.
She is so stalker/Lisa that I don’t understand the impetus for adding a character like that to the canvas. Unless it’s to prove the point that Patrick has not changed.

If/when Robin returns there will be HTP as I think she will be immeasurably hurt. Poor Robin. At least her mom held the faith.

You’re right, Reta, that Todd’s lies will cost him everything. It’s a shame because I love him with Carly but I can’t imagine her forgiving him. Her ultimate forgiveness seems reserved for Sonny. I love it when Carly and Sonny have intimate moments (like when he found her on the much traveled Pier 52) but I like Kate with Sonny. He is a different Sonny… kinder and more tolerant. I love seeing Maurice Bernard’s expanded emotions.

Brenda and kid… (who will be at least Emma’s age when they return haha) I forgot as well … but haven’t seen her on the list of people coming back for the Nov 21 ep. I’m VERY excited to see Ned (Wally Kurth). I love him!! Skye is also coming back.

I’m hoping with Helena’s return they will bring back Nicholos. He was one of my all time favorites.

Love your posts, too, Reta and Beki! It’s great to see people on here who are true fans instead of naysayers. :) YAY!!!!

November 15, 2012 at 3:44 pm
(19) Georgine says:

All we need now is the return of LUCY COE at the Nurses Ball. oved her and her beloved duck, do you think he is still alive. With GH is it anyone’s guess.

I was very disappointed with the writers and Robin, poor kid. She is so smart, what in the world posessed her to give away her private thoughts of DUKE to Faison???????

November 15, 2012 at 6:20 pm
(20) generalhospital says:

Georgine, as you may know by now, Lucy will be at the Nurse’s Ball in December! It’s so thrilling to have all these great people back.