1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Maurice Benard Signs New Contract

By December 4, 2012

height=200

For fans of Maurice Benard, this is a happy day. He is going to continue in the role of Sonny, according to a tweet from him.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

December 4, 2012 at 9:16 pm
(1) juan says:

i am happy to hear this. i love maurice bernard and the character of sonny. i just did not want him to take over the entire show. there is room for everyone on the show and sonny can be involved in some great storylines that are not mob related. I’ve always liked him better than jason anyway. now bring back brenda to be at his side.

December 5, 2012 at 10:55 am
(2) Reta says:

Yippee! Could not imagine the show without Sonny. Still hopeful that Jason will return someday. The pair are fabulous together. It’s something like Batman without Robin. I guess that would make Carly Batgirl–LOL!

December 5, 2012 at 3:19 pm
(3) juan says:

carly as batgirl is a joke. please don’t bring jason back. the show is great now without him.if jason were to return the three of them would take over the show again and that would be bad for the ratings. and the storylines would be very boring. trust me. also the viewers who loved the show in the past would once again stop watching it. doesn’t anyone learn from past mistakes. i know these are mostly young viewers that like all of that mob stuff. Robert, anna, and luke are more like batman, robin and batgirl.

December 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm
(4) Jane says:

I do hope the bring Jason back (recast if necessary). He played a great role & helped tie it all together. I do like the many characters on G.H. now But having Jason found alive would be great!!

December 10, 2012 at 10:52 pm
(5) Marvan says:

Please NO Brenda. Jason won’t be coming back though. He’s made a decision that he feels is right for his family. I absolutely miss him. Not enjoying the Star/Michael connection at all. Todd is hilarious and must be fun to work with. AJ can leave anytime and take the new doctor with him. Since it appears Robin is alive, Patrick doesn’t need a sneaky, devious replacement. I hope the big reunion doesn’t fall short. Surprise us with Laura and Bobbie! Would love for the whole gang to be back, even for a little bit.

December 11, 2012 at 3:28 pm
(6) carol says:

happy that MB will still be on GH, I really miss Jason but hope he returns in the near future.
I hate AJ and will be glad when he leaves along with the new Dr. and Liz.
The Connie/Kate role is getting a bit boring now so please move it along.
Lets see more of Sam, she really adds to the show, perhaps pair her up with the new cop. I love Alexis and her new love interest, hope they expand on it.

December 11, 2012 at 5:04 pm
(7) juan says:

you all must be new viewers. the show is perfect without jason. and a.j. is wonderful.

December 11, 2012 at 7:13 pm
(8) Susan says:

I love Sonny, and Maurice plays him to the nines. GH wouldn’t be the same without him! He is spectacular.

December 12, 2012 at 11:08 am
(9) Mark says:

I don`t like Sonny.He`s a thug who thinks that because his stepfather worked him over,that he is entitled to kill and do whatever he wants.He stole Michael from the Quartermaines.He is never going to put away in jail.The writers insult our intelligence by having stories around him doing illegal things and then using the law to keep hiom out of jail.quit insulting our intelligence.He just signed a new deal,so he`ll never go to jail.

December 12, 2012 at 11:41 am
(10) Jan says:

Yeah!!! Have been a fan of Maurice/Sonny for almost 29 years, the only thing that would help his character is if Steve/Jason would come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 12, 2012 at 9:35 pm
(11) juan says:

i like maurice but i have to agree with everything mark says about this character. and please let jason stay gone. jason = boring show.

December 13, 2012 at 10:25 pm
(12) FernandeAlice says:

I cannot believe GH signed up Maurice Benard again. The show is so good with Anna, Duke, Robert, and now, Lucy in it. We really don’t need that arrogant little mobster; he should have gone to jail a long time ago. Instead of letting Steven Lars go, it should be that old mobster storylyne with Sonny, Carly, Johnny, Connie, Shawn that should go. A lot of fans are tired of the same old stuff; no matter what Sonny and Carly do, they always get away with it. It’s time for them to go away forever.