1. Entertainment

Maria Ciaccia

Sad News Re 'OLTL' Characters

By February 1, 2013

The One Life to Live actors: Roger Howarth, Michael Easton, and Kristen Alderson will be gone from General Hospital beginning February 8, according to tweets.

Kristen Alderson tweeted that she's "praying for positive answers" so it's evident the actors themselves don't know what's happening.

This is awful news, coming at an awful time. Hopefully this will be worked out so that they can return.

Very depressing, and I'm sure it's put the writers into a lot of turmoil.

Photo: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

February 1, 2013 at 4:15 pm
(1) Annette says:

Wow.. that’s just rotten luck.

I’m definitlely going to miss all of them.
I’ve really enjoyed having them become a part of the canvas and feel all three of them are now intregal to the story.

A big, fat, resounding BOO.

Hope this gets resolved soon!

February 1, 2013 at 4:24 pm
(2) Jenner says:

Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn’t say “fudge”. I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the “F-dash-dash-dash” word!

No Todd. Boo-hiss. GH just got a wee bit dull.

February 1, 2013 at 4:30 pm
(3) Becki says:

Well isn’t that just poopy? But this is according to tweets, and tweets are always 100% accurate, aren’t they?

I’d say based on the way today’s show ended, they’re setting the stage for Michael Easton to stick around… of course that all depends on how things play out next week.

February 2, 2013 at 11:54 am
(4) generalhospital says:

Well they may have to leave February 8 but they will be on the show until some time in March

February 1, 2013 at 4:49 pm
(5) darlene says:

not sorry to see todd leave general hosp. very stupid story line he really can not act

February 1, 2013 at 5:04 pm
(6) Reta says:

Hmmm……….not sure how I feel about this either. I am a OLTL fan as well but they will be missed. Todd is just too funny to me.I just don’t know why they can’t work both soaps.

All this swapping is getting old fast.

February 1, 2013 at 7:25 pm
(7) Linda says:

BREAKING: They are staying. See my blog. Or SON

February 2, 2013 at 11:54 am
(8) generalhospital says:

I would love to print that info, which I saw yesterday, but there are too many conflicting reports. The actors aren’t going to commute to Connecticut for a web series when they have jobs on a network soap opera and are under contract to the network. The new producers of OLTL cannot compel them to work on the new show. It’s not about the actors anyway, it’s about the characters. If the new Llanview recasts the characters, will the actors’ character names on GH have to be changed? I find all this info very confusing and with the exception of the press release that said they want to “share” – nothing has been worked out yet.

February 1, 2013 at 11:36 pm
(9) juan says:

with john gone maybe they will drop the silly vampire story. i will miss todd but maybe now they will have lucy concentrate on the nurse’s ball and give felicia a storyline with the three actors departing.

February 2, 2013 at 12:10 pm
(10) Linda says:

I agree. Nothing has been settled.

February 4, 2013 at 5:53 pm
(11) Lisa says:

The only reason oltl characters came on gh in first place was to make oltl fans watch gh. Ive watched both for a long time and I think the characters should go back to oltl. Sorry but new storyline is getting weird. . Gh is going to cancelled too if they keep this up:-(

February 4, 2013 at 11:12 pm
(12) generalhospital says:

If OLTL brings back those characters, they will be recast with different actors. The present actors on GH are not returning to OLTL.

February 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm
(13) Carolyn says:

I freely admit I could be way off the mark here but I’m starting to get the feeling this is sabotage. First there is the uncertainty of the status of the 3 actors who may or may not be going to PP. They have contributed a lot to GH and if they go, it would be a huge loss to the show. Then there is the vampire story and finally, we are stuck with awful characters like Britt. GH is going to celebrate its 50th anniversary in less than 2 months. This is the time the show should be at the top of its game – unless ABC is still trying to bring it down by any means possible. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

February 4, 2013 at 11:11 pm
(14) generalhospital says:

Hi Carolyn, I don’t think ABC at this point is going for any sabotage, not with the ratings GH has been enjoying and the failure of their reality show The Revolution. Remember it’s not the actors who have to go anywhere, it’s their characters. I think GH will probably just change the names of the characters. Odd, yes, but at least they stay on.

I think the vampire storyline – first, we don’t know what they’re going to do with. Carlivati says for people who don’t like it, the “reveal” will make sense, and for those who like it, they will be satisfied with it. I actually believe they are bringing in some younger viewers because of it.

I think this OLTL stuff will be settled fairly soon. I don’t think Prospect Park is going to win up against ABC.

February 4, 2013 at 11:36 pm
(15) Rhonda W. says:

Well that explains this stupid Vampire story line. I wonder if it has anything to do with Prospect Park going to start shooting OLTL. However, I think they could have found a way to gracefully migrate them back over to OLTL.

February 4, 2013 at 11:44 pm
(16) Linda Ward says:

Of course we get jerked around again. We get used to OLTL and AMC being gone. Finally adjust and wham, now we lose the characters we love from OLTL from GH. Will we get them back? Where were they going with the vamp thing? Is Lucy going to be normal well, sort of Lucey normal. lol? GH has its work cut out for them Love AJ during the panic attack. Liz is good with him. Good luck actors who are leaving know we will be watching for you

February 7, 2013 at 6:10 pm
(17) Carolyn says:

Hi Maria, thanks for writing back with positive and hopeful comments about GH. I want it to continue to thrive and I trust your judgment and instincts.